Who do we want in January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OscarEnthusiast8

New Signing
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I know I know, the window has just closed but with a net expenditure of only £100k we're well within our FFP rules.

I'm guessing Cech may leave in January if he's not given enough playing time between now and December 31st, and Blackman has been loaned to Boro, we might need to bring in another keeper... I doubt Beeney will be brought up as 3rd choice.

So, who do we want to sign (if anyone!) when the transfer window is open again?

 
Varne maybe if he's available or maybe Khedira if Mikel wants more game time.

I don't think we will need to do very much at all and the above is just me being greedy.

 
Cant help thinking that maybe this thread is slightly premature.

 
I think we`re still a little light in center mid-field..as in presence...rather than numbers.

someone like schweinsteiger would be ideal

 
I think we`re still a little light in center mid-field..as in presence...rather than numbers.

someone like schweinsteiger would be ideal
someone like schweinsteiger would be great but there is absolutely no point wasting brain power thinking about him joining chelsea.

same goes for muller. saw him suggested a few times on these threads and it will just not happen.

 
I'm more than happy with the current squad but I'll always want Pogba!

 
varane

pogba

lock thread.
This would be ideal.  If I'm not mistaken, Pogba would count as home grown.  He either is already, or he would be if signed in January.  Absolute monster of a midfielder and only 21.  Varane we've all seen in action, and Jose rates them both incredibly highly.  Problem is Pogba would cost a fortune so I'm doubtful of it happening.  We might end up with Khedira since he'll have six months left.  

Premature thread but we're all bored with no Chelsea for 2 weeks!

 
None, save the money until next summer for Pogba and Reus (only £25mil next summer because of a clause in his contract).

 
I think we`re still a little light in center mid-field..as in presence...rather than numbers.

someone like schweinsteiger would be ideal
someone like schweinsteiger would be great but there is absolutely no point wasting brain power thinking about him joining chelsea.

same goes for muller. saw him suggested a few times on these threads and it will just not happen.
Don`t have to be him...but someone who strong and won`t be pushed of the ball like ramires

 
Can anybody confirm the fees we paid and received? I keep seeing that Remy was brought in for 10.5mln not 8.5. Luiz sold for 40 not 50.

Im with the majority that the squad really look good. I wish everybody stays healthy and that we dont have to bring in anyone. ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
Can anybody confirm the fees we paid and received? I keep seeing that Remy was brought in for 10.5mln not 8.5. Luiz sold for 40 not 50.

Im with the majority that the squad really look good. I wish everybody stays healthy and that we dont have to bring in anyone. ::ChELSeAFaN::
Almost certain the Luiz fee is £40M, rising to £50M depending on how successful PSG are over the next few seasons. Don't know about Remy etc.

As for January signings, far too early to say. We'll have a better idea of where we're short once we're at a dozen-or-so games and have played teams that can truly test us. Right now things look nice and balanced, and very, very promising.  :biggrin:

 
For the first time in a looooong time I can't really see anything right this second that we need. Maybe start looking for Drogba's

replacement for striking slot if Bamford or no youth team look up to scratch. Confirm it in January for Summer arrival possibly?

It's an awesome feeling to feel like we finally have a squad that is strong in every department.

 
Nothing unless we have some bad injury problems.

edit: If Oscar doesn't kick on would anyone fancy a cheeky bid for Mata? If the signings of Falcao and Di Maria mean he's forced out onto the bench, as I think it will, perhaps we could get him back on the cheap, something closer to the 20m mark rather than the 40m Utd paid us.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top