Will Maresca Ball bore us to tears?

Back to boring Sarri Ball?

  • Yes

    Votes: 26 81.3%
  • No

    Votes: 6 18.8%

  • Total voters
    32

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,693
Reaction score
20,269
A shoot from the hip, early impressions likely to be wrong, gut reaction. What you guys and gals think?

 
Yes....

... although I haven't seen anything from any team he's managed, I'm just naturally fearful when it comes to Chelsea 😁

 
I know you're always desperate to be annoyed at the club but surely we can give him a bit longer than a pre season friendly where we were missing half of our first team to decide.
 

But while we're on the subject, Sarri is the most disrespected manager in our history and still ended up easily top 4 with a European cup in his first season. We didn't get to see how we'd have kicked on in his second season because he was booed out of the club by our fans who, ironically, spent the best part of a decade crying that we had no managerial stability.

 
I know you're always desperate to be annoyed at the club but surely we can give him a bit longer than a pre season friendly where we were missing half of our first team to decide.
 

But while we're on the subject, Sarri is the most disrespected manager in our history and still ended up easily top 4 with a European cup in his first season. We didn't get to see how we'd have kicked on in his second season because he was booed out of the club by our fans who, ironically, spent the best part of a decade crying that we had no managerial stability.
You're bringing rational thought into this. Why?

 
But while we're on the subject, Sarri is the most disrespected manager in our history and still ended up easily top 4 with a European cup in his first season. We didn't get to see how we'd have kicked on in his second season because he was booed out of the club by our fans who, ironically, spent the best part of a decade crying that we had no managerial stability.
Avram Grant and a certain fat Spanish waiter would take issue with that.

Sarri couldn't get away quick enough. Nothing to do with our fans. More to do with the transfer ban and Hazard leaving. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know you're always desperate to be annoyed at the club but surely we can give him a bit longer than a pre season friendly where we were missing half of our first team to decide.
Nothing to do with Pre Season, I have not watched a minute of it. I am asking based on what our Leicester guests have said, and the back end to their season and performances.

 
Tbh the first 20-30 secs of the friendly against celtic I got excited. The passing/possession was there but it was quick and fast, straight into final third. Unfortunately it only lasted 20-30s.

same-ish at the start of second half with sterling.

I really do hope they play with speed but there is soo much work to be done before then going by the rest of that match. So many areas to address first before adding speed/tempo to their gameplay.

 
I know you're always desperate to be annoyed at the club but surely we can give him a bit longer than a pre season friendly where we were missing half of our first team to decide.
 

But while we're on the subject, Sarri is the most disrespected manager in our history and still ended up easily top 4 with a European cup in his first season. We didn't get to see how we'd have kicked on in his second season because he was booed out of the club by our fans who, ironically, spent the best part of a decade crying that we had no managerial stability.
Most disrespected in our history? Short memory there.

 
Tbh the first 20-30 secs of the friendly against celtic I got excited. The passing/possession was there but it was quick and fast, straight into final third. Unfortunately it only lasted 20-30s.

same-ish at the start of second half with sterling.

I really do hope they play with speed but there is soo much work to be done before then going by the rest of that match. So many areas to address first before adding speed/tempo to their gameplay.
Yep, going on last night every single defender is miles off and incapable of playing this system,  whatever this system is.

 
Avram Grant and a certain fat Spanish waiter would take issue with that.

Sarri couldn't get away quick enough. Nothing to do with our fans. More to do with the transfer ban and Hazard leaving. 
The fans were a big factor.

 
Avram Grant and a certain fat Spanish waiter would take issue with that.

Sarri couldn't get away quick enough. Nothing to do with our fans. More to do with the transfer ban and Hazard leaving. 
FSW did the damage himself before he even came here, I can't count him because the dislike we had for him wasn't on the pitch related, he was just a twat. Grant walked into a top dressing room and could have just said "lads just do what you were doing before"

I maintain that Sarri would have stayed if the fans were willing to give him a bit more time but he was pelted with idiotic chants when things weren't going our way so it made the Juventus job offer a no brainer for him.

 
FSW did the damage himself before he even came here, I can't count him because the dislike we had for him wasn't on the pitch related, he was just a twat. Grant walked into a top dressing room and could have just said "lads just do what you were doing before"

I maintain that Sarri would have stayed if the fans were willing to give him a bit more time but he was pelted with idiotic chants when things weren't going our way so it made the Juventus job offer a no brainer for him.
Yep. He made his feelings pretty clear in the Italian media here at the time. Referenced a zoo.

 
Back
Top