Will Potter win the League within the next 5 seasons?

Do you think we will win any silverware under Potter within the next 5 seasons?

  • Yes

    Votes: 17 37.8%
  • No

    Votes: 19 42.2%
  • Undecided

    Votes: 9 20.0%

  • Total voters
    45

LongtimerLurker

First Team Regular
Messages
2,181
Reaction score
1,950
Do you think GP will win us the Premier league within the next 5 seasons

(Options)

Yes he can win us the league

No, he's not good enough 

Undecided

I was then hoping to add the question do you think we will win any silverware under Potter within the next 5 seasons

With the exact same 3 options if possible @coco

 
Is this a serious poll? 
It's a good question.

Personally I think it needs clarity as I think Potter could probably win us the championship playoff trophy if he takes us down, Boehly remains fully committed to him and he gets another £300m that Summer 

But I don't think there's any chance of Potter ever challenging for a premier league title or having us in the mix for the biggest cup competitions either here or at any club. 

You've got to consistently win games and score goals to win titles titles and there's no indication in Grahams career he can manage a team that regularly does that on top of that he clearly isn't a very good tactician who thrives in high pressure knockout ties.

The top managers have such a winning mentality and relentless drive to win sometimes it feels like their sheer will carries their team over the line, I think Potter has the opposite mentality he's a manager that doesn't have the drive or desire needed to win every game, 1 win a month does Potter just fine and he's all smiles there's no feeling that he'll ever be a manager competing for the highest honours.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Undecided. 

I would feel a lot more comfortable however if it were Flick in charge of this long term project. Potter does deserve time if we do see improvement this second half of the season. 

 
I think winning the League Cup/FA Cup is possible if we get a good draw, maybe the Europa League or the Conference League. That's about it. We can park the bus against top teams and maybe scrape a good result, but I don't think we can outplay the best teams in Europe the way we did under Tuchel.

 
Do you think GP will win us the Premier league within the next 5 seasons

(Options)

Yes he can win us the league

No, he's not good enough 

Undecided

I was then hoping to add the question do you think we will win any silverware under Potter within the next 5 seasons

With the exact same 3 options if possible @coco
Add option to both "We would have a better chance with Zeta in charge"

 
I'm undecided. I am finding it difficult to identify the way we are playing, but I also understand that the team is crippled with injuries, the latest young promises signed up have looked good but they've been in the team for a week, and the established players are just not up for it, but were the same under Tuchel towards the end of his tenure. So I need more time to see if there's any improvement in our play and what chances we have of winning the PL/Cups under Potter.

 
Question 1. too early to say once he has the best players available and at least training together for a couple of weeks then we might start to look very different assuming injured midfield players are available and injured defenders stay fit. That is a better time to judge Potter.

Question 2, yes if he does slay 5 seasons we will win a medal even if just the League Cup.

 
Chelsea will win the league within the next 5 seasons, men and women  ::ChElSeaFLag::

 
Undecided. 

I would feel a lot more comfortable however if it were Flick in charge of this long term project. Potter does deserve time if we do see improvement this second half of the season. 
Doesn't Flick make Conte look like a pussy cat when it comes to power struggles?

 
Leeds need a new manager, they could buy his contract and it wouldn't cost us anything 🙂

 
He either wins a league in his 3rd season or he leaves. So I don't think we see him for 5 and none. 

It's going to be weird when Potter does win the league though. Lot of people on here will be "happy" but probably not able to celebrate as they spend all their energy explaining how we'd have actually won it even better with Conte/Jose/Tuchel in charge. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I voted undecided on league but yes on cups.

I need to see what happens the rest of the season, if he genuinely improves our style of play and makes a push for top 4 then maybe he can but it's too early to say.

 
Back
Top