World Cup 2014 - Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only caught the last 30 seconds or so. Stupid from whoever it was to try and put a cross in instead of keeping it in the corner.

Fantastic ball from Ronaldo though, good finish from Varela too.

Not a disaster for the USA though. Barring a big turnaround in goal difference they should be fine.

Edit: forgot about Ghana. So maybe not so smooth for them.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why did the bbc employ phil Neville? He is such a tool...just blamed the Portugal keeper for not diving for jones' goal...that was unstoppable

 
Great ball by ronaldo but where was he for the first 90 minutes? Seriously for someone that said before the tournament started that he wanted to secure his legacy by performing at a world cup he had a funny way of showing it. Very poor attitude he just looks like a player who knows he's better than the rest of his team and isn't interested in helping them.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
two points loss for us Yanks...I am going to get drunk cause we lost a chance to advance :face_palm:

 
Great ball by ronaldo but where was he for the first 90 minutes? Seriously for someone that said before the tournament started that he wanted to secure his legacy by performing at a world cup he had a funny way of showing it. Very poor attitude he just looks like a player who knows he's better than the rest of his team and isn't interested in helping them.
To be fair he has been struggling with a knee injury

 
two points loss for us Yanks...I am going to get drunk cause we lost a chance to advance :face_palm:
You've still got a good chance though, and you've dealt a major blow to Portugal's changes, which is something to be proud of.
Great ball by ronaldo but where was he for the first 90 minutes? Seriously for someone that said before the tournament started that he wanted to secure his legacy by performing at a world cup he had a funny way of showing it. Very poor attitude he just looks like a player who knows he's better than the rest of his team and isn't interested in helping them.
The reports were that he is carrying a painful knee injury and played against the advice of medical professionals, yet he was still Portugal's most dangerous player and created the goal in injury time that got them the point. Clearly the actions of a man not interested in helping his national team.

 
That was Chelsea-Barca 2009 all over again..
I'm an American Chelsea fan, and yes, it's what I thought.  Michael Bradley's awful giveaway replacing Essien's half-clearance.

How does it make sense that the first tie breaker is not head-to-head? If Ghana and US end up on 4 points and we beat them, doesn't make sense to take GD into account does it? My (obviously biased) opinion.

 
Far as I see it the USA are in a good position, although not the best that it could have been.

Germany only need a draw to top the group now and the USA only need a draw to qualify from the group.

A draw there satisfies both parties.

 
Far as I see it the USA are in a good position, although not the best that it could have been.

Germany only need a draw to top the group now and the USA only need a draw to qualify from the group.

A draw there satisfies both parties.
Very true, and a draw in the other game automatically puts US and Germany through.  A low-scoring Portugal win would too.  Still, when you are 20 seconds from a win, it hurts.  Apparently 4 minutes was ordered and then Zusi took too long walking off field and extra minute was ordered.  Not saying that's unfair, but hurts to hear.  Oh well, on to Thursday.

 
On a side note, it's a f**king sad day when you see the American national side putting in 200% when the English national side barely put in 20%.

 
On a side note, it's a f**king sad day when you see the American national side putting in 200% when the English national side barely put in 20%.
Hey now, we've always put in that much, usually because we were so less talented than our opposition.  :wink:

Jurgen is an amazing manager, especially for a team that's not expected to win the WC.  We scored 2 goals without Altidore, who I know is a punchline in England but actually plays amazing for USMNT, and gives us the hold-up play that can be key to our play.  They get 0 points from this group under Bob Bradley, but have a decent chance of getting out of the group.

 
On a side note, it's a f**king sad day when you see the American national side putting in 200% when the English national side barely put in 20%.
People on this message board people want looney rooney but Deuce (Clint Dempsey) is a better choice. 3 World Cups, 4 goals & plays w/ a Broken Nose like nothing ever wrong. Ok he is damaged goods playing for both fulcrap & spudz, but still a better option in my eyes that rooney.

 
To be fair he has been struggling with a knee injury
Yer I know it's not particularly his play I'm not talking about. He just didn't look bothered at all. Injury or not the least you should do is look interested and his team mates must get pissed at his constant standing with his hands on his hips and shaking his head whenever there is a miss placed pass. So arrogant it's unbearable to watch

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Get in Korea, this game is actually entertaining, good football on both sides.
attended this game. Only bought the tickets for it to say that I had attended a World Cup game, because I got tired of pressing F5 for 6 hours trying to get tickets for other WC games in Porto Alegre. So went with Algeria vs S.Korea. But I was prepared for a boring 0-0 snoozefest. Turned out to be a very fun match for a neutral. 

It was actually more fun than attending club matches (from Grêmio), because I always end up with a headache from getting angry, worried, screaming when we score, cursing when we suffer a goal, etc. Being a neutral, I could just ENJOY THE MATCH. I had never experienced that being live on a stadium before!

 
Yer I know it's not particularly his play I'm not talking about. He just didn't look bothered at all. Injury or not the least you should do is look interested and his team mates must get pissed at his constant standing with his hands on his hips and shaking his head whenever there is a miss placed pass. So arrogant it's unbearable to watch
He's up his own ass, he always has been. The shoot on sight attitude he has pisses me off. Seriously is it any surprise the guy get's so many goals with the amount of shot's he has per game ?

If i was a footballer i would hate playing along side Ronaldo, he may get his goals but he makes everything about himself. It's not a team game to him, it's all about what he can do.

I would respect the guy more if he was more of a team player.

 
People on this message board people want looney rooney but Deuce (Clint Dempsey) is a better choice. 3 World Cups, 4 goals & plays w/ a Broken Nose like nothing ever wrong. Ok he is damaged goods playing for both fulcrap & spudz, but still a better option in my eyes that rooney.
The commentators were wondering throughout the match if he was having a hard time breathing. He was asked that, he said he was fine. I was also wondering if he was going to be wearing a mask.

 
The commentators were wondering throughout the match if he was having a hard time breathing. He was asked that, he said he was fine. I was also wondering if he was going to be wearing a mask.
and he was a menace for the Portuguese defense today. Klinsmann had to take him out cause the damn Portuguese just resorted to fouling Deuce cause they couldn't match his intensity. Still my MOTM was Jones. Jones was always in the defense to help stop Fake Ronaldo & his goal was simply marvellous. Let's check it out one more time

jermaine-jones-scores-b.gif
 
First time in a long time I saw Ronaldo cross the ball. I had the feeling he's going to charge into the box and try an curling shot to the far post, to his credit he chose the better option. Curse of Fergi time there, and what were those 2 defenders doing at the far post?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top