World Cup 2014 - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not hope at all, sorry I forgot you were my brain. Its coear as day he's not fit, we say unfit players all the time in the game and they look like that. Ive seem. Costa play for Atletico and he's looked alot better than that.
...but, it's not 

not too sure what you're expecting to be so much better tbh. False hope like I said.

Its not based done hope. Looking at him for Atletico this season he looks clearly off and I highly doubt hes ift base din the hamstring issues hes had. He looks a lot slower and less explosive. The man needs a rest badly
he's slower yes, but in terms of general play like the other user was talking about i.e first touch, hold-up play; he never really excelled at that in atletico so why the expectation that it'll be so much better when he comes here? Especially at the style there was very much suited to him and may be less so here. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
...but, it's not

not too sure what you're expecting to be so much better tbh. False hope like I said.

he's slower yes, but in terms of general play like the other user was talking about i.e first touch, hold-up play; he never really excelled at that in atletico so why the expectation that it'll be so much better when he comes here?
Ive watched him enough times, tbh bit bored of this conversation kets just see how he plays when he plays for us.

 
I'll say my part on it, the World Cup performance wont determine everything.

However If he can't play in a side that plays through the middle, what was the point in signing him? Since when do our players cross, besides those shockers from Ivanovic now and then. I think Costa is going to have a really hard time here, obviously I hope he doesn't but I'm not expecting anything great, but I wont be gutted about it until I see him play in a Chelsea shirt.

 
6 minutes? If the Spanish do somehow get a result then that would be horribly unfair on the Chileans.

 
This is great.

Except I do feel horrid for poor Azpi.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say my part on it, the World Cup performance wont determine everything.

However If he can't play in a side that plays through the middle, what was the point in signing him? Since when do our players cross, besides those shockers from Ivanovic now and then. I think Costa is going to have a really hard time here, obviously I hope he doesn't but I'm not expecting anything great, but I wont be gutted about it until I see him play in a Chelsea shirt.
Going by that logic, you have nothing to worry about. He's scored 36 goals in a team who's style is much closer to ours than Spain's.

 
Good news for us that Spain are out so early...Azpi, Costa and fabregas start their summer break early

 
Looking at it from a practical point of view. Cesc, Costa, Azpi & Torres are going on vacation now. Certainly, I see them well rested for Chelsea against Burnley. A great news for Chelsea.

 
So glad they're out, I think they could have avoided this if they'd picked the right players, the manager should have known that they were looking stale and changed the style

 
Going by that logic, you have nothing to worry about. He's scored 36 goals in a team who's style is much closer to ours than Spain's.
Going by what logic?

Costa isn't a great footballer, he might have that physical advantage but that wouldn't stand out in the Premier League like it did in La Liga. That's why I wasn't so confident on the move, I think he's a good finisher and in front of goal I wouldn't doubt him. But how many times will he be in front of goal?

If you think we are going to play like we did last season when we parked the bus as all our rivals said then that's just not going to happen. If you remember we actually tried to play football at the start of last season, we will try to do it again and this time we will get it right. We mostly play down the middle if Costa can't grab goals in confined areas and tight space then it was a wrong signing.

That's all I'm saying on the matter, not getting into an argument about it like everyone else did.

 
Was quite sad to watch that. I know the majority won't agree but that was the end of an era tonight. Dominated world football for the last 6 years and it's coming to a crashing end. What country is going to step up now?

 
Del Bosques with a mare of a tournament. No idea what to do when hos team struggles

 
Was quite sad to watch that. I know the majority won't agree but that was the end of an era tonight. Dominated world football for the last 6 years and it's coming to a crashing end. What country is going to step up now?
Well Chile obviously

 
Here I know Henry was a great player but what is with all the arse licking? Really getting on all my nervous.

They are just constantly licking his arse on every analysis like 'Oh I've seen you put them in before' and like you would know because you are the best striker that ever lived.

It's almost unbearable to watch.

 
BqcN22uCEAATXnu.png

 

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top