World Cup 2014 - Match Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
No escaping it. There is absolutely no escaping it.

England have been f**king atrocious this entire World Cup. 

 
As expected England has gone fishing 🎣 officially. Roy can play his gung-ho football game in London.

 
Well that sucks. Can't say i am surprised because before the tournament began i didn't expect us to get through the group, but seeing how we played against Italy i thought we had a chance. Now that i have seen Italy take on Costa Rica it makes me wonder if the only reason we looked ok against Italy was because they themselves are pretty awful.

That performance against Costa Rica was terrible and was probably the worst i have seen in the world cup so far. Italy barely shown any effort at all and looked lazy. I think Uruguay will beat them. Suarez will rip them apart if they are going to play that slow.

 
The seeds were sown for our demise the moment JT was forced out of the side. A huge void has been left not only in defence but his ability to get the team playing on the pitch. I wonder if the media and FA would have hounded Suarez out if he had been English?

 
Have to say well done to Costa Rica. Who would have bet on them beating Uruguay and Italy?

 
I'm not the sort of Welshman that has a hatred of everything English, but I must admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching England's complete capitulation.

The whole 'we're going into this with low expectations' was total bo**ocks, as usual. Huge media pressure, every under 30 player criminally overrated and a team that genuinely looked like it couldn't give a monkeys. 

I genuinely feel sorry for the guys that went out there though, must have cost a stupendous amount.

Unlucky guys, but it could be worse. You could support a country that features Chris Gunter, Hal Robson-Kanu and Simon Church.

 
We would be on 4 points now if JT and Ashley were playing. Sometimes Im guilty of being biased but not now. Jagielka and Baines are miles behind. Fair play to Costa Rica and I hope Italy knock Uruguay out because of Luis Suarez and his comments today, the fact that he cried last night and was carried off the pitch by his team mates. Safe to say I strongly dislike Suarez. ''Hate' would be too strong but I strongly detest Suarez.

On a separate issue I don't understand the obsession with Pirlo. People say he looks elegant and makes it look effortless but today he looked uninterested and lethargic.

I hope Roy keeps his job. He is an intelligent and likeable bloke and shouldn't be made to pay for the shortcomings of Gerrard, Welbeck, Baines (to name a few). There has been definite progression since South Africa.

I guess from our point of view the only positive is that Gary is our only player who has played and was probably our best player so far in my opinion although that isn't saying much.

Hopefully Frank gets a run out against Costa Rica. It will probably be his last England match and he deserves it he has been a great servant.

Gerrard and Johnson have also been great servants for our country and I will never forget or dismiss that but like Frank I think their national careers are over.

Rooney is still arguably our best player and sometimes he is so brilliant but sometimes on the big stage he is so average for England. Im torn between wanting him to keep playing for England or do we look to people like Jay Rodriguez and Ross Barkley

Pretty depressing all in all but this should be the wake up call that me should have had 4 years ago. Use Euro 2016 to introduce the youngsters and then we can challenge for honours at Russia 2020.

 
I'm not the sort of Welshman that has a hatred of everything English, but I must admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed watching England's complete capitulation.

The whole 'we're going into this with low expectations' was total bo**ocks, as usual. Huge media pressure, every under 30 player criminally overrated and a team that genuinely looked like it couldn't give a monkeys. 

I genuinely feel sorry for the guys that went out there though, must have cost a stupendous amount.

Unlucky guys, but it could be worse. You could support a country that features Chris Gunter, Hal Robson-Kanu and Simon Church.
........we would happily take Ramsey and Bale off you.

 
france are very good. i think theyll get far, maybe even win it

 
Last edited by a moderator:
f**king hell, Joe Hart is everywhere, Doritos, Gillete, Head & Shoulders is there anything else I'm missing? Does the guy not know how to say no? Then again I bet he's making a sh*t ton of money.

 
france are very good. i think theyll get far, maybe even win it
After the first round I didn't really think much of France and thought the Swiss were a good solid team.

Shows I know sh*t all about football.

 
f**king hell, Joe Hart is everywhere, Doritos, Gillete, Head & Shoulders is there anything else I'm missing? Does the guy not know how to say no? Then again I bet he's making a sh*t ton of money.
I don't know what f**kwits of marketing men think it's a good idea to play adverts featuring England players TODAY of all days.

 
f**king hell, Joe Hart is everywhere, Doritos, Gillete, Head & Shoulders is there anything else I'm missing? Does the guy not know how to say no? Then again I bet he's making a sh*t ton of money.
And that is part of the problem...England players more worried about cashing in than proving their ability on the pitch

 
At the beginning of the tournament my predictions = England to get to the Quarter finals , Argentina to win the tournament and Germany were my dark horse

I still think Argentina will go far, probably the final. Germany will go far too

I didn't expect much from France but they have been brilliant so far. If we (England) can learn a lesson from South Africa 2010 France were woeful and they look like world beaters in 2014.

I know a lot of people have Belgium as underdogs in this world cup but it won't happen. They have so many talented players and their team at the next Euros/World Cup will be fantastic but at the moment they have the likes of Hazard, Lukaku, Januzaj who on their day are brilliant but still have a lot to learn.

I hope Italy knock Uruguay/Suarez out and I wish good health to all the remaining players in the tournament

I will be rooting for USA but Cant see them getting out the group. I hope the rest of the tournament is as good as the past 8 days

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top