World Cup 2014 - Match Day 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly that's the best way of viewing it and I suspect the average Italy fan would have felt pretty comfortable in that game.

But the Uruguay game, it felt like we were Newcastle United at home to Hull. We are the better team, but don't play like it. Then in the end we lose off an error which manages to perfectly convey everything that is wrong with our whole system and culture on and off the pitch.

 
I woke up this morning and some of the spin coming from so called impartial journos, clearly In bed with the fa spin machine, out in Brazil was incredible...how we should all feel so positive and that it was better than 2010....now the last World Cup was pants and so was our football...but at least we made it out of the group ffs....what we have done this time would be asking chelsea fans to be happy we played going ho all out attack in the cl group stages and didn't progress even to the europa league...failure is failure at the end of the day...dressing up,in any other way is the epitome of delusion

 
So Moussa Sissoko scores who we all know is a bit of a scrub.

Shows the power of playing a TEAM rather than individuals.

France dropped Pogba for Giroud in this game, obviously Pogba has more talent but Deschamps clearly saw something tactically.

There is no way an England manager would have the balls to drop a 'golden boy' for the sake of a team more capable of winning a game.
Pogba was most likely dropped so he doesnt get another yellow, which would rule him out of the next game

 
i predict a final score 4-1 at the match ''Germany - Ghana'' today... ;)

 
Joe Hart quoted in the Daily Telegraph. "Basically we didn't score enough goals and we let too many in."

Ah so that's how it works? Thanks Joe.

 
I will agree to disagree too...the funny thing is you have accused both me and bluehatter of being suckered in by the media and yet your stance about the Italy game was the same as the medias...for me the Italy game showed improvement on 2012 for sure, but also showed why we would do nothing at this World Cup as I said before it started...can't defend and when you take the England tinted glasses off, few genuine chances created either...

As for the other accusation made by you and others about my negativity, I'm usually one of of the more upbeat ones on here during a chelsea season, defending the team from jcls hysteric overreactions...I admit I have been very negative about this England team, but then given we lasted seven days in this tournament, the worst in my lifetime (barring 94 when we didn't even qualify) I think that's more than justified
I was saying I was impressed during the first half before any pundit could say anything. I have my own opinions, and I have defended a lot of them fiercely in this forum. It just so happens that the media agree with me, than so be it. 

 I've never said this was an impressive England side or one that should scare the lives out of the big boys. All I said was, I was impressed by our performance against Italy. It actually made me WANT to watch England for the first time in a while. 

 
Argentina not really had a good chance against Iran yet, despite dominating the whole game.

 
Joe Hart quoted in the Daily Telegraph. "Basically we didn't score enough goals and we let too many in."

Ah so that's how it works? Thanks Joe.
And the customary platitudes from England players are coming out, rooney saying sorry to the fans and the players are gutted...backing the manager, blah blah blah...heard it too many times to believe they actually mean it

 
The JT situation is very annoying because, of course, he was not dropped by England for footballing reasons. The FA is so craven and pc that we almost deserve not to go further. How many of those 'experts' who criticised JT are now saying he should have gone to Brazil?

P.s. C'mon Iran!

 
Argentina is too slow, I feel. Even the passing is too erratic.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's time the fans voted with their feet and stopped paying a fortune to watch England games, funding the fa's pockets

 
Poor Iran...Messi has done little in two games, but provided two of the best moments in the whole tournament...that's what world class players can do

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top