Your World-11 Fantasy Draft Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of the Snake draft. I shouldn't really seeing as I'm second

And if thats the case, I like the idea of PM'ing the next person since there will be upto 24 picks between the first(or last) persons picks.

 
I like the idea of the Snake draft. I shouldn't really seeing as I'm second

And if thats the case, I like the idea of PM'ing the next person since there will be upto 24 picks between the first(or last) persons picks.
Logically it makes sense, otherwise the people with the top 2 picks would likely have the best teams by far. It's how we do our fantasy (American) football drafts.

 
I'd like to be in on this. I'll take Zico!

zico.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
yes, me too! get a move on Mod, you're the Boss. Decide if you're going to go first or last.

Do we have to state what position we're playing our men in? as in e.g. George Best - right wing?

I don't mean me too for Zico, I mean me too I'm excited. (like Andreas!) But I'll go off the boil if it takes too long!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
yes, me too! get a move on Mod, you're the Boss. Decide if you're going to go first or last.

Do we have to state what position we're playing our men in? as in e.g. George Best - right wing?
Think you dont have to do that until you selected a whole team, another idea would be this just to make it interesting.

My current one as an example (and just keep filling in the spots after each new chosen player!

----------------------X

----X--------X-------------X---------X

---------------------X

---------X------------------X

-----Messi-----------------------X

--------------------X

 
On Andreas' basis, mine should be along the lines of:

-------------------X

---X-----X---------------X-----X

-----------X-------------X

---X------------Zico----------X

------------------X

 
I'm happy with that. Will Mod be, though? :Whistle:

 
----------------------X

----X--------X-------------X---------X

---------------------X

---------X------------------X

-----x-----------------------X

--------------------Baggio

 
Just constructed my ideal 11. But I've made such glaringly obvious choices that it's going to be revised very soon. We'll see.

 
Just an idea, but how about everyone includes the list of picked players in his/her post so you always know what players have been picked. Then people can just reply to the previous post where someone picked a player and his/her new pick to the list and add their pick. Or you can always copy/paste the list from the previous post, if that's how you roll.

I'd suggest a format like this:

Mod: Cristiano RonaldoFootballoholic: Diego Maradona

Andreas: Lionel Messi

Moi: George Best

Chelseabootboy: Pele

Oblivion: Ronaldo

BlueNose: Roberto Baggio

Zola: Zinedine Zidane

Plokoon13: Lev Yashin

Chippy: Jairzinho

Maksimov: Michael Laudrup

Ace: Eusebio

Scooby Blue: Johan Cruyff

Ruh Buh Juh: Zico

NAME OF THE PLAYER (your latest pick)

black-and-white-footballer.jpg
Nice, simple and clear. Just add your player to the list and maybe for clarity's sake, post the name again with a picture in the post as well. What do you think?

My post includes all the picks so far, so the next one to make a pick can just copy the list from this post.

 
I'm happy with that. Will Mod be, though? :Whistle:
It ain't easy to make me happy, I'm not sure what I need to approve.

This is the deal, after the game tonight, I will pick my next player, then the member who picked after me, goes next, until we have an 11.

Then you choose your captain and maybe pick a Manager at the end.

Exactly the same at Footballaholic's Chelsea draft, but a world one. FH is helping as well as Andrea or anyone else that wants to push the picks of people via pm and what-not.

Don't worry about picking in position order, so long as you have got a complete squad with sort of correct player positions.

Edit: Good idea Mak, hopefully we can follow that.

I wasn't sure this was going to be too serious, the last post I made was the first time I had checked the thread in a few days.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Greatest keeper ever. Not Banks or Zoff. Pat Jennings.

 
Okay am going to pick now while am here.

Mod: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gerd Muller

Footballoholic: Diego Maradona

Andreas: Lionel Messi

Moi: George Best

Chelseabootboy: Pele

Oblivion: Ronaldo

BlueNose: Roberto Baggio

Zola: Zinedine Zidane

Plokoon13: Lev Yashin

Chippy: Jairzinho

Maksimov: Michael Laudrup

Ace: Eusebio

Scooby Blue: Johan Cruyff

Ruh Buh Juh: Zico

Loz: Pat Jennings

Gerd Muller

gerd-2.jpg


Over to you footballoholic

 
Last edited by a moderator:
oops!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not that psychic moi, but luckily Loz can edit posts.

 
Mod: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gerd Muller

Footballoholic: Diego Maradona, Franz Beckenbauer

Andreas: Lionel Messi

Moi: George Best

Chelseabootboy: Pele

Oblivion: Ronaldo

BlueNose: Roberto Baggio

Zola: Zinedine Zidane

Plokoon13: Lev Yashin

Chippy: Jairzinho

Maksimov: Michael Laudrup

Ace: Eusebio

Scooby Blue: Johan Cruyff

Ruh Buh Juh: Zico

Loz: Pat Jennings

Franz Beckenbauer

franz-beckenbauer.jpg


 
Mod: Cristiano Ronaldo, Gerd Muller

Footballoholic: Diego Maradona, Franz Beckenbauer

Andreas: Lionel Messi, Samuel Eto'o

Moi: George Best

Chelseabootboy: Pele

Oblivion: Ronaldo

BlueNose: Roberto Baggio

Zola: Zinedine Zidane

Plokoon13: Lev Yashin

Chippy: Jairzinho

Maksimov: Michael Laudrup

Ace: Eusebio

Scooby Blue: Johan Cruyff

Ruh Buh Juh: Zico

Loz: Pat Jennings

Samuel Eto'o

/monthly_04_2011/post-3926-0-42322100-1303581188.jpg

 

Attachments

  • Samuel-Eto-o-Playing-for-Inter-Milan.jpg
    Samuel-Eto-o-Playing-for-Inter-Milan.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top