20/21 League Position

Final position ?

  • 1

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 2

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 3

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 4

    Votes: 17 27.4%
  • 5

    Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 6

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 7

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 8

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 9

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 11-17

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • relegated

    Votes: 1 1.6%

  • Total voters
    62
put it all on the yellow lion. :wink:
200.gif


 
All this talk about favorable fixtures but we had the 'hardest' run in last year and the year before.

If our top 4 rivals were sweeping up in the 'easy' games they wouldn't be our top 4 rivals!
Quite so ... Liverpool for example have already dropped points this season to 5 of the 7 teams they have left to play ... they have been awful to date against teams in the bottom six ... which is 4 of their remaining 7 fixtures.

 
That’s us done in my opinion. That was one of the only 3 points I was confident about. Compare our fixtures to Liverpool. West Ham or Leicester will be there with Liverpool unless we beat them both. The ups and downs of this Tuchel campaign is simply baffling. The players just didn’t look up for it and didn’t seem to know what the plan was at all. Dropped points against wolves saints wba Brighton - deserve to be in the Europa. 

I love trophies I really do but going all in on them is such a risky strategy. Fingers crossed we get something to show for it.

I have generally like tuchel but really pissed off tonight, which attaching players has he improved? None in my opinion. 

also players needed to fight for the fans tonight, not sulk, which is what it seemed to me.

 
That’s us done in my opinion. That was one of the only 3 points I was confident about. Compare our fixtures to Liverpool. West Ham or Leicester will be there with Liverpool unless we beat them both. The ups and downs of this Tuchel campaign is simply baffling. The players just didn’t look up for it and didn’t seem to know what the plan was at all. Dropped points against wolves saints wba Brighton - deserve to be in the Europa. 

I love trophies I really do but going all in on them is such a risky strategy. Fingers crossed we get something to show for it.

I have generally like tuchel but really pissed off tonight, which attaching players has he improved? None in my opinion. 

also players needed to fight for the fans tonight, not sulk, which is what it seemed to me.
The only hope we have coming top 4 is that we don't lose. Draws like this are only good if you follow up with a win. We can't afford to lose another game.

 
Must win West Ham, Leicester, Arsenal and Villa. Not sure how many times I've said it...

 
Can't see us getting 3 points from all those matches. I can see us getting 3 points from only 1, at most 2 tbh. 

 
With the Champions League semifinal approaching, not to mention the fallout of the last few days, I cannot see us making top 4. Our league form has been poor for a while now, bar the Palace game.

 
With the Champions League semifinal approaching, not to mention the fallout of the last few days, I cannot see us making top 4. Our league form has been poor for a while now, bar the Palace game.
I'm afraid you are right. To achieve a place among top 4 we need to win all the remaining games par ManC. Don't see it happen. 

 
With a Crystal Palace win tomorrow, this could end up being a great weekend for us with the dippers drawing.

It would also be nice if ManU could lose to in-form Leeds tomorrow then draw Liverpool.  Then Citeh can clinch the league with a win over Crystal Palace before we see them.

Still have my sights set on 3rd and a trophy or two.

 
I reckon 3rd the way things are going. Tough matches ahead but other than City I think we can get 3 points from them all. Expecting more slipups from Leicester too.

 
I think it'll be enough if we win 3 out of our 5 remaining games as I think both Liverpool and West Ham will lose another game each. Should be doable!

 
The Leeds-Manu draw wasn't good enough.  Only way Citeh truely clinch before we play them is if the dippers take all 3 from ManU.  Can't really afford that so it pains me to say I'll be pulling for Manu to beat Liverpool next weekend.  Liverpool could still get hot and win all 5 to finish with 69.  If that happens we need 12 points for 70.  If Hammers win out we need 4 wins and a draw or at least 4 wins and get them on GD at 70. Same with Everton who can still somehow finish on 70.  Can't even count out the Spurs who can finish on 68.  We'd need 3 wins and 2 draws to stay above them.  Or 3 wins and a draw and hope to get them on GD.

So, yes we probably can get in with 3 wins, but if dippers, hammers or everton run the table we'll need 4 wins or a total collapse from Leicester.

But the ultimate would be to win the double and finish between 5th & 8th with Arse beating Manu in the Euro final to bump Spurs or Dippers in 4th 🙂

Biggest week of the season (so far) coming up.  C'mon Chelsea! 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great win for us at the weekend but still too close to call. At least our fate is in our own hands which is about the best we can hope for.

 
Never ever saw the possibility of Newcastle smashing Leicester at Leicester, bodes well for 3rd now?

 
Never ever saw the possibility of Newcastle smashing Leicester at Leicester, bodes well for 3rd now?
Depends on us. Tomorrow with 2 days to prep and Taylor the ref makes it very hard however Arsenal and Leicester at home and Villa away present 3 games we would be hopeful at achieving maximum points in. If we do that I think we get 3rd.

 
I think that win almost secures us top 4. The pressure will be on Leicester now. The other teams can probably smell their blood. 

 
I think that win almost secures us top 4. The pressure will be on Leicester now. The other teams can probably smell their blood. 
Yes we are nearly there I think.

I reckon if we beat arsenal then we will have one foot in the door.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leicester fall short and Liverpool overtake them.

 
Back
Top