20/21 League Position

Final position ?

  • 1

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 2

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 3

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • 4

    Votes: 17 27.4%
  • 5

    Votes: 10 16.1%
  • 6

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 7

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 8

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 9

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 11-17

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • relegated

    Votes: 1 1.6%

  • Total voters
    62
If we had beaten arsenal we would've only needed one more win from two for top 4. Now they are must wins.
The Arsenal game was costly but not the only one. We have thrown away a lot of points at home in the last month, all against poor teams too. A win against Brighton and we would have been ok too.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Oli
The winners of this midweek results are Man City. They can rotate and protect players while we have 3 Finals before the real Final. Hopefully we have a healthy team to take to Portugal but i highly doubt it.

 
I understand that but psychologically its better to have a must win mindset for all games regardless of mathematical safety
I'm not sure winning or losing the final will have any impact on the two remaining games psychologically. We've been on a high in recent weeks and completely faltered in the next games. I can easily see us going all out and winning the fa cup final and messing up in the subsequent league game. What's most important is that our key players are fit for the top 4 run in. It's got to the stage where we must secure that and just hope for the best with what we have vs City. We had the buffer and opportunity but blew it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure winning or losing the final will have any impact on the two remaining games psychologically. We've been on a high in recent weeks and completely faltered in the next games. I can easily see us going all out and winning the fa cup final and messing up in the subsequent league game. What's most important is that our key players are fit for the top 4 run in. It's got to the stage where we must secure that and just hope for the best with what we have vs City. We had the buffer and opportunity but blew it.
I think we'll do it, having two routes to the UCL is always helpful. When Leicester beat us earlier on this season I think we fielded a really weird line up and with Arsenal already doing the double over us I can't see us letting Leicester do the same. The problem is all they need is a draw but they know a win is necessary because if we draw to them and beat villa and they lose to spurs its game over.

I can see Liverpool winning out I don't see why we can't too. 

 
We are in big big trouble. Even if we win our next two games  which obviously all I care about, it looks like liverpool will still make it which is annoying. 

Arsenal completely derailed our season around December, im just praying the same dont happen again.

 
The winners of this midweek results are Man City. They can rotate and protect players while we have 3 Finals before the real Final. Hopefully we have a healthy team to take to Portugal but i highly doubt it.
Hopefully it makes them complacent, not to get into the habit of comparing everything to 2012 (as every Chelsea fan is doing aha) but Bayern had the title wrapped up long before the CL final, which essentially had them playing non-competitive football in the run up; whereas we will have to be in a rhythm of needing to be top gear. 

 
We have four games left. It’s not, like, super-likely we win all 4. I equally don’t believe we win fewer than 2. 
 

So I reckon 2-3 wins, 1-2 losses. Everyone can have their own preferences for what trophies we get out of that.
 

(By the way, 2 wins guarantees one of FA, CL, top 4 - so the apocalyptic prognoses of *nothing* rely on a serious meltdown, not sure how it’s justified)

The most surgical bang-for-your-buck would be winning two finals. 🙂

The least interesting, IMO, - FA cup and AV in the league.

 
As much as top 4 would be great I would rather win a trophy. I am not going to worry about qualification for next year's Champions League when we are in this season's final. If we miss out on next year's Champions League as a result of the 2 Cup runs we have had, then so be it. I am pretty sure Liverpool would swap their current position with us any day of the week. That being said I am still pissed off at allowing such a poor Arsenal team to do the double over us this season.

 
Ok nvm if anyone just saw the var decision that went Liverpool's way just now WBA denied a fair goal because a player who wasn't interfering apparently was in the keepers sight. The exact thing happened to Mendy when Benzema scored not a single voice raised that. I'm now a believer in Jose he wasn't a mad man we generally get on the bad side of var in comparison to some other teams.

 
I cant believe this. Absolute nonsense..if anyones seen that Liverpool game, their first goal dodgy freekick, then with 20 mins left west brom have a legit goal ruled off for offside, for a player who was nowhere near the ball, and had no impact to the goal,. And then to top it off Allison comes up for a corner and scores with the last touch of the game. The powers that be are determined to make sure they qualify..some things never change..makes me sick.

 
It's going to be so rewarding if we are in the UCL next season that's for sure. I hope we win the final more than anything else, its annoying knowing Leicester can play for a draw vs us and then try to win vs spurs. We are in quite the sticky situation but I would still take where we are now to where we were 4 months ago.

If anything its a shame Tuchel hadn't come in sooner but that Arsenal result has really hurt us considering a draw would even been potentially enough we will have to hope spurs do us a favor but 1 thing is certain we cannot afford to not pick up 6 points 4 may be enough if other results go our way but it seems unlikely.

 
Big Sam is absolutrly raging, and im glad hes calling out the cheats. Unfortunately all this does is greatly affect us or leicester, and noones remembers how Liverpool have cheated their way to 4th.

 
The decisions this weekend that have impacted us have been nothing short of a disgrace. But because the masses dislike Chelsea it is perfectly fine. Refs know there is no backlash if you screw Chelsea. And as for Liverpool today, just cheating in my eyes. Their first goal comes from a free kick - should be a drop ball. West Brom’s second chalked off in unbelievable fashion. Liverpool’s second about 30 seconds after injury time should have finished.

I don’t want to sound all Liverpool and spurs fan like, as it’s not corruption, but the media bias and influence it has on games if as clear as day to me at least.

If we get top 4 now this will taste so sweet after this weekend. Let’s hope the squad and coach have it in them! It’s not over until it’s over 

 
Well, top 4 is secured, but I feel that it's come about in the worse way possible. Once again, it's been handed to us. How can this team ever grow and become winners if they are constantly waiting on others to make mistakes instead of getting the job done themselves? Things need to change, because in recent months, I have been getting this horrible feelling that this generation of Chelsea players are missing something special.

The Champions League final could make or break a lot of players in this group. Losing 4 finals in row means they are going to be viewed by everybody as a nearly man, something that most players never shake off.

 
I think it'll be enough if we win 3 out of our 5 remaining games as I think both Liverpool and West Ham will lose another game each. Should be doable!
I was right about 3 out of 5 wins, but the fact that it would play out like this I could have never imagined. Also, that Liverpool would go on that winning streak I did not see coming.

 
Back
Top