Chelsea V Bournemouth (PL) Sat 1st Sep 15:00 UK

It makes a change from the last few years that everyone is looking forward to see Chelsea play football under Sarri.

The count down is on.

 
I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe, would love him to be England manager in the future. Bournemouth (despite smashing us last season) are probably one of my more favourable teams in the league due to that style of play.

How do you think you'll cope with Simon Francis at right back up against Eden Hazard? Seems like a mismatch.

King and Wilson will cause our back 4 multiple problems, no doubt.

Predictions?
Most likely be Adam Smith at RB. He got a red card last game but he will miss the game tonight. Smtih is quite good offensively from what I see but Hazard should wreak havoc against any Fb he comes across tbh.

 
They wont no, but they will start off slightly cautious and reserved, they wont go straight into it.
Great point, I think the fact that we’re playing a different style under Sarri has our opponents somewhat very cautious when playing us. 

After three games and nine points, other teams know that we’re going to pass and put high pressure on them, so they’re going to be super cautious so as to not suffer an early goal.

They’ll play defensively at first and counter attack, and if we keep suffocating them with high pressure passing, I think they’ll struggle to even get the time of possession to mount extended periods of attacking football, even with their good offensive capabilities. 

Our defense really needs to be on point to snuff out their advances and as long as Jorginho does his insane passing thing and we keep control of the ball for most of the game, we should be fine.

Should be an interesting game to say the least, am greatly looking forward to it. 

 
I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe, would love him to be England manager in the future. Bournemouth (despite smashing us last season) are probably one of my more favourable teams in the league due to that style of play.

How do you think you'll cope with Simon Francis at right back up against Eden Hazard? Seems like a mismatch.

King and Wilson will cause our back 4 multiple problems, no doubt.

Predictions?
It’s also a good away match for many other sides, especially in the summer, many of the travelling fans make a weekend of it and dump their other halves at the beach. To answer your question very few people can cope with Hazard to be fair.. once he has the ball and a bit of space there is little we can do. I think Fraser and Brooks might give you something to think about but again it’s all down to form and mental attitude on the day.  Wilson is playing well but not clinical on his shots like before his injury.

As for my prediction, I’d take a point now but I think it will be 2-1 to you boys

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe, would love him to be England manager in the future. Bournemouth (despite smashing us last season) are probably one of my more favourable teams in the league due to that style of play.

How do you think you'll cope with Simon Francis at right back up against Eden Hazard? Seems like a mismatch.

King and Wilson will cause our back 4 multiple problems, no doubt.

Predictions?
Chelsea 2-0 winners for me.

 
I'm a big fan of Eddie Howe, would love him to be England manager in the future. Bournemouth (despite smashing us last season) are probably one of my more favourable teams in the league due to that style of play.

How do you think you'll cope with Simon Francis at right back up against Eden Hazard? Seems like a mismatch.

King and Wilson will cause our back 4 multiple problems, no doubt.

Predictions?
I’m feeling good about this game...and I think the team is too...3-0 is my prediction....

 
So excited, can’t wait.

i have always been a fan of Sarriball, glad he is our manager now. 

The way we play now is something that gives excitement to even neutrals. Sarrismo!!!!

 
They wont no, but they will start off slightly cautious and reserved, they wont go straight into it.
So hopefully we start at a high tempo and have them on the back foot from the off.

It certainly won't be an easy game at all.

I'd be happy with any Blues win (as usual) and will happily take 2-0, to keep the good start to the season.

 
Really looking forward to this game. We have a heap of respect for you guys, but I can promise we won’t park the bus and it will be an entertaining game to watch!

i wouldn’t like to call it though as we have a habit of coming back from one or two goals down. Our guys will be flat out till the final whistle. Either way, as long as we put in a good shift I’m not too bothered about the score :)
I love when opposition fans come on here, feel free to post more fella 

 
Kepa​

Azpi  Rudiger  D.Luiz  Alonso​

Jorginho​

kante          RLC​

Pedro    Morata    Hazard​

Bench: Willy / Emerson / Christensen / Barkley / Kovacic / Willian / Giroud​

Although both Barkley and Kovacic have done okay so far i don't think either has done enough to claim that 3rd CM spot as their own, give RLC to show something different. Keep the rest the same. 

 
I would keep the same team but maybe put Barkley in for Kovacic. Not because Kovacic was bad or anything, but I think it was harsh for Barkley to be dropped and I don't think Kovacic did much better in his start. Also think Barkley gives us more of a goal threat so would rather him start this game.
Bournemouth will be attacking us so we could do with Kovacic's defensive cover in this one, the time for Barkleys reintroduction will be the game after when Colin w**ker brings with his Cardiff side to The Bridge.

 
Really looking forward to this game. We have a heap of respect for you guys, but I can promise we won’t park the bus and it will be an entertaining game to watch!

i wouldn’t like to call it though as we have a habit of coming back from one or two goals down. Our guys will be flat out till the final whistle. Either way, as long as we put in a good shift I’m not too bothered about the score :)
Wise words , we cannot afford to be complacent Bournemouth always play with 100% effort for the full 90 min. Our back four will have to be on top of their game for the whole match. Will be nice to se Ake back at the Bridge . We have to win these types of home games if we are to be in contention at the end of the season and that is not disrespectful to our opposition.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope our Dane play in this match.........regardless of his qualities, Luiz scares the sh*t out of me. You just never know with this guy......will he be awesome, will he switch off at the wrong time etc......he simply cannot be first 11 everytime imo.

But a win will be crucial, especially at home. And of course always expect the worst reg the ref.

 
So excited, can’t wait.

i have always been a fan of Sarriball, glad he is our manager now. 

The way we play now is something that gives excitement to even neutrals. Sarrismo!!!!
His methodology and style of play are translating very nicely to Chelsea and to the EPL...I love the way he has the team playing.

 
Wise words , we cannot afford to be complacent Bournemouth always play with 100% effort for the full 90 min. Our back four will have to be on top of their game for the whole match. Will be nice to se Ake back at the Bridge . We have to win these types of home games if we are to be in contention at the end of the season and that is not disrespectful to our opposition.
Yeah, thanks for Ake!!.. one of our better signings!. Our £25m purchase from the Colombian National team got a run out along with Rico against MKDons and both look very handy. Fraser was terrorising everyone as per norm but this was against a weak team so can’t read too much. With the good start we have had and with the pressure not so high on us I’d expect we will push up field from kick off, but until I see the team selection I have no idea how we will approach this game.. In Eddie we trust.

 
You would think Bournemouth will try and play where they can , they will obviously set up defensively but Eddie Howe won’t do a Newcastle they play counter attacking football but they like to play not just sit behind the ball, with this said, we should have more than enough to beat them at home. I’d start the same squad and make the same changes, maybe give William a start over Pedro.  

 
You would think Bournemouth will try and play where they can , they will obviously set up defensively but Eddie Howe won’t do a Newcastle they play counter attacking football but they like to play not just sit behind the ball, with this said, we should have more than enough to beat them at home. I’d start the same squad and make the same changes, maybe give William a start over Pedro.  
Possibly, I don’t think any of us think we will turn you over 3-0 again, however, we do have the strongest side we have ever fielded, but we have a goal-shy Wilson, and injured Stanislas and a Defoe that doesn’t quite fit our style of play unfortunately.. your guys seem to be a lot more confident and rehearsed so even if we manage to put a sneaky one in the net I doubt you’ll loose composure and have a wobble... As I said before, I don’t give a monkeys who wins, as long as football is the winner... both side are gonna play for the 3 points so game on!!!

 
I hope our Dane play in this match.........regardless of his qualities, Luiz scares the sh*t out of me. You just never know with this guy......will he be awesome, will he switch off at the wrong time etc......he simply cannot be first 11 everytime imo.

But a win will be crucial, especially at home. And of course always expect the worst reg the ref.
I think this game will be won or lost by the midfielders.

 
I hope our Dane play in this match.........regardless of his qualities, Luiz scares the sh*t out of me. You just never know with this guy......will he be awesome, will he switch off at the wrong time etc......he simply cannot be first 11 everytime imo.

But a win will be crucial, especially at home. And of course always expect the worst reg the ref.
In all the years I've been going to the bridge, (since the early 80's). No defender has worried me more than Luiz.

 
Back
Top