Chelsea vs Bolton (Prem) 13/04/10 2000 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone from being worried to bloody sick! This is stupid!! I'm not saying that because it's Bolton - but I didn't feel like this against the Mancs, either Villa performance or any other time this season...! You simply cannot enjoy this part of the season; I can't anyway.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ancelotti is well aware of Fergie's mind games and correctly chooses to ignore them. For the game against Bolton we need some cool and collected heads in the dressing room. We can't afford to be complacent and allow Fergie to lull us into a false sense of security. Man U's failure to beat Blackburn has put us in a strong position to win the league. However, Bolton will be no push over and I expect a very physical game. We have now scored 17 times in our previous 4 games. Bolton have not scored in 4 of their 5 previous league games. So I'm going to predict a 3-0 victory for us!

Onwards and Upwards, Chelsea!

 
I also can't enjoy the business end if you're in a position to win it or throw it away, as a neutral though, it would be fascinating. One of the best season's in terms of drama in some time.

 
Lets just hope Bolton don't bring the bus and sicken us all!

I am feeling more nervous for this game than i did for man utd . com

 
Forget Taggart and his mind games, let him stick 'em up his arse!!! its just an act of desperation...

Lets put Bolton to the sword....

The league is there for the taking!!!!

C'MON CHELS ::ChELSeAFaN:: ::ChELSeAFaN::

 
I agree with those posters saying that they're more nervous for this game than Man U, but I have a feeling I'll be saying that for every game until the rest of the season.

I'd like to see Anelka start, Drogba off the bench around 60 minutes if we still need goals, and Ivan get a decent run-out if he's healthy so that he can start this weekend.

 
I expect to see Carlo start with the following lineup:-

--------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------

Ferriera---------------Alex---------------Terry-----------------Zhirkov

Ballack------------------------Mikel---------------------------Lampard

Kalou--------------------------Drogba-------------------------Malouda

 
Drogba has to start after scoring on Saturday, he'll have plenty of time to rest up after the match for the spurs game AFTER we secure 3 points tonight.

Anelka just isn't scoring at the moment, i don't think its the right time for him to lead the line, we cannot slip up here. Id prefer the reliable almost guaranteed to score at least 1 goal Drogba up front. Lets face it, against Bolton we will need good defensive headers of the ball for set pieces and that's why he must start. Also i expect Bolton to give away quite a few free kicks around the edge of the box with their hatchet men and Didier is probably our best free kick taker

Im delighted to see Malouda playing so well. He's a joy to watch. Hope he continues his goal scoring form tonight. Dont mind who scores as long as we win.

An early goal to make Bolton ditch the 'park the bus' tactics please! I am incredibly nervous!

 
Forgot to add my preferred team

--------------------------------Cech-----------------------------------

Ivanovic(If Fit)---------------Alex---------------Terry-----------------Zhirkov

Ballack------------------------Mikel---------------------------Lampard

Kalou--------------------------Drogba-------------------------Malouda

I really dont like Ballack/Mikel/Lampard midfield combo but against bolton it tends to get ugly in midfield and we need some steel in there

 
Good decision from Carlo to give Kalou and Ballacks starts tonight, Ballack looked very sharp in his 20 minutes on Saturday. Don't expect Ivan to start, I should hope he'll be rested for Saturday!

----------------------------------Cech

---Ferreira----------Alex---------------------Terry----------Zhirkov

----------------------------------Mikel

---------------------Ballack

------------------------------------------Lampard

---Kalou-----------------------------------------------------Malouda

---------------------------------Drogba

 
It isn't even a 7:45 KO!! Bloody 8:00pm! ARGH!! COME ON THE CHELS!!!!!

 
All I want to add to this thread before we kick off is this,

COME ON THE CHELS ! GO GET THE DOUBLE !

 
I have a terrible, terrible feeling about this.

Soloman "useless" Kalou in for Florent "Premiership player of the month" Malouda

Michael "turgid" Ballack in for Deco

Nicolas "out of position" Anelka in for Joe Cole.

Oh my. Come on Drogs.

 
ballack, mikel and lampard all starting in the centre, anelka wide right. definetely not my favourite set up but we're in good form and I hope we can go on and get the three points.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ballack will be great, mark my words. I thought he was great against United when he came on to be honest. More of that please Michael!

 
i WANT TO SEE JOE!~
Maybe from the subs.

chelseafc.com

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-3 formation:

1 Petr Cech19 Paulo Ferreira

33 Alex

26 John Terry ©

18 Yury Zhirkov

13 Michael Ballack

12 John Mikel Obi

8 Frank Lampard

39 Nicolas Anelka

11 Didier Drogba

21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 52 Patrick van Aanholt, 10 Joe Cole, 20 Deco. 15 Florent Malouda, 23 Daniel Sturridge.
So Carlo decided Bolton we can win with a weakened side.. hope he is right. We should.

 
Back to the pedestrian side.It should be good enough to win. Fingers crossed.

 
Can't say I am over the moon with that team selection. Fingers crossed it doesn't bite us on the posterior!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top