Chelsea vs Bolton (Prem) 13/04/10 2000 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.

loz

The Schoolmaster
Staff member
Messages
22,723
Reaction score
6,608
With Utd dropping points today this is a massive opportunity to put daylight between us and them at the top of the table. A good chance Ballack will return and replace either Deco or Joe. Other than that probably not too many changes from the team that beat Villa.

 
Come on, we can't mess this one up. We've played Bolton twice this season. 4-0 and 4-0. I was even there for one of them. Do it again, please.

 
Com'n Chels, need the 3 points - this weekend has been a god send - need to grab this opportunity and not let it go - we better be f*cking up for this.

 
We better not f**k this opportunity to create a gap at the top, seeing how we have spuds and liverpool away left.

 
Blackburn did us a favour. They took 2 points off united as they did to us. Rovers is not the team you would expect to have so much impact on the title race...

Bolton's not been known to be a 3-point machine to us even if we are playing home so lets not think about the gap and concentrate on beating them.

 
This could be a harder game than it looks after our exploits on that terrible Wembley pitch.

 
I would not be surprised if we dropped points in this one. It wouldn't be the first time our opponents drop points and we do the same.

We have some tough games remaining so a four point lead could be vital. With ManU out of the Champions League I fully expect them to win most of the remaining games, atleast if they have Rooney back.

 
I would not be surprised if we dropped points in this one. It wouldn't be the first time our opponents drop points and we do the same.
mate, you must be a riot down the pub

 
I would not be surprised if we dropped points in this one. It wouldn't be the first time our opponents drop points and we do the same. We have some tough games remaining so a four point lead could be vital. With ManU out of the Champions League I fully expect them to win most of the remaining games, atleast if they have Rooney back.
I thought I was doom and gloom..!

We can't let what the Mancs do enter our head, we have to focus only on what is in front of us - at the moment it's Bolton.

 
After the United result today you would expect that it would prove to be enough motivation to go on and want to win this game and in all honesty the current team have enough experience to know what has to be done.. I won't take anything for granted though but if we can open up a 4 point gap it will give us a bit of a cushion just in case of the unforeseen...

 
The Mancs are the early game on Saturday, (I love how they, season after season after season, make our fixtures after theirs so the pressure is on us) - away to Citeh, tough tough game, especially at Eastlands.

The good thing about today is not only have Spuds played 120 minutes - they've lost in the most dispiriting way, play their North London rivals on Wednesday then we come a long on Saturday. Hope by the time we get there they're totally f*cked...! But we'll see.

Anyway - Bolton Bolton Bolton, must not take anything for granted and focus elsewhere...!

 
I think this will be a defining game in our season surely the players will see that chance of going four points clear as motivation enough for this one what although bolton are looking over there shoulder at regulation being only 5 points above safety i think there safe will look to other games to win points not this one, when we win on tuesday night we 4 points clear utd lose on against city and we beat spurs thats 7 points clear with 3 games left.......this is what i predict

 
Been away in Japan last two weeks and missed all the excitement. Should be able to do Bolton on paper. Who are the inform players of the moment?

 
I have a feeling that we will play Anelka upfront for this one with Drogba on the bench. I see us winning this with some ease considering the form that we are in.

 
It's the old cliche of every game is a must win game at this stage. On paper this looks like one of the easier games in our run in so 3 points is a must.

It wasn't that long ago I was moaning about our ageing players not being able to play 2/3 games in a week but then the flip side is not wanting to change a winning team. That said, not sure how much that Wembley pitch may have taken out some of our players so perhaps rest two of the thirty somethings - for me Drogba and Deco to step down to the bench. Have to say, both Ballack and Kalou did well when they came on Saturday against a Villa side which at that stage was visibly flagging.

Would like to see Ivan back in at right back too with JT and Alex nullifying the threat of Davies.

 
I would start with Anelka too and give Deco a rest.

Cech

Ferriera Alex JT Zhirkov

Ballack Mikel Lampard

Joey Anelka Malouda

Subs: Hilario, Deco, Sturridge, Drogba, Bruma, Van Anholt, Matic

PS: I cant believe I just put THAT midfield here!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top