Clarkson gone/sacked/not being renewed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The difference between what Clarkson did and what Ross/Brand did, is that he lost his temper and impulsively (and inexcusably) punched another man, whereas they planned publicly to humiliate an old man and took great glee in doing so.
Indeed. I think what Ross and Brand did was worse than anything Clarkson has done, but I do think on the whole Clarkson is worse, because he's accumulated more offences. With Ross and Brand this was one tremendously nasty act, whereas Clarkson has created several controversies. Such as racist songs, Muslim/burka slurs, Liverpool comments (somewhat understandable), offending Argentina, etc, etc... The man's a walking controversy. He had to go in my opinion.

 
There's a difference between pc, being offended and blatant racism for example. To add some levity, a bit of fun

/monthly_03_2015/post-11479-0-65743000-1427366293_thumb.jpg

 

Attachments

  • FB_IMG_1427365838506.jpg
    FB_IMG_1427365838506.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
There's a difference between pc, being offended and blatant racism for example. To add some levity, a bit of fun


When do that start filming? looking forward to it :biggrin:

 
Put three middle aged men together, give them a big budget, send them to the third world to bypass health and safety laws, and you got a programme.

Or how about stop f**king wasting licence payers money on egotistical twats like Clarkson, and spend it on making cutting edge TV.

Let him go to ITV, hopefully his programme will be sponsored by isme.com "Big blouses for big girls".
The money made from Top Gear actually helps to making other programmes. There are very few shows in the world that have 300 million people watching, let alone factual shows.

A lot of the criticisms of the show seem to come from people who don't actually watch it. 

In my opinion the BBC is outdated, too eager to please minority audiences and doesn't actually make that much good television. People should just stop paying the licence fee.

 
The money made from Top Gear actually helps to making other programmes. There are very few shows in the world that have 300 million people watching, let alone factual shows.

A lot of the criticisms of the show seem to come from people who don't actually watch it. 

In my opinion the BBC is outdated, too eager to please minority audiences and doesn't actually make that much good television. People should just stop paying the licence fee.
Faux outrage rules supreme nowadays. 

Lots of people signing petitions to protest things that don't even effect or concern them has become the norm. 

 
Faux outrage rules supreme nowadays. 

Lots of people signing petitions to protest things that don't even effect or concern them has become the norm. 
Minor workplace disputes (especially in that particular industry) get blown up to become 'causes'. At some point it became a thing that if you didn't like something, then no-one could and it should be taken off air or banned. It's as if the mere fact that someone might be enjoying something you don't like is enough to make you want to see it vanished.

Clearly Top Gear had an audience yet the BBC's actions serve only to punish that group of people in the short-term and itself in the long-term.

 
I feel the show had run it's course in the current format, I don't particularly like or dislike Clarkson but for me the real star has always been James May, he cracks me up!

 
I feel the show had run it's course in the current format, I don't particularly like or dislike Clarkson but for me the real star has always been James May, he cracks me up!
And yet it was arguably growing still. Personally I thought this last season was a return to form after a few samey years, but on it's worst day it's still better than 90% of the stuff the BBC puts out.

Fact is the BBC costs double what a Netflix subscription does and to me that simply isn't good value. Hopefully the Tories take a sledgehammer to the licence fee in the next Parliament.

 
I suspect Hammond and May will leave as well and the BBC will use this as a chance to refresh the whole format with a new cast.

 
I suspect Hammond and May will leave as well and the BBC will use this as a chance to refresh the whole format with a new cast.
I suspect that too and to be honest I hope they do. I think if the two stay they'll try to carry on as though nothing happened and it'll only get worse. To me the best thing would be a complete refresh.

 
Its a series not a season.... its on the BBC. Also the most popular paper in this country is still The Sun and Mcdonalds is still the most popular restaurant in the world

However bad bit of business because it sells as simple as.

I agree with Shedpensioner. I liked the first two series it was much better than the old format of top gear and James May is really funny.

However there is only so many times I can watch the three of them, (and their stupid macho voice thing) one on a pogo stick, one on a plane another in a car seeing how fast they can get from one place to another .... yawn!

I really liked and still do the Star in a cheap car thing, particularly it hit home how talented F1 drivers are when Lewis Hamilton just jumped in and blew the leader board away.

Anyway, Clarkson much as a don't like him I always read is bit in the Sunday times, sometimes it is insightful and I enjoy it sometimes it just moronic. But, he's got me reading and certainly has talent. 

 
Minor workplace disputes (especially in that particular industry) get blown up to become 'causes'. At some point it became a thing that if you didn't like something, then no-one could and it should be taken off air or banned. It's as if the mere fact that someone might be enjoying something you don't like is enough to make you want to see it vanished.

Clearly Top Gear had an audience yet the BBC's actions serve only to punish that group of people in the short-term and itself in the long-term.
Ultimately, if I hit a colleague at work, I'd be sacked, as would all (or most) of you.  If I hit a subordinate and then subjected him to an hour long session of obscene verbal abuse, I'd be sacked and would consider myself fortunate not to be prosecuted.  AND, I'd be a complete c**t of a bully.

There are some things that are more important than you not getting to snigger at jezza's bloke-ish bigotry and out-moded casual racism.  And more important than worrying about a minor short-term impact on the BBC's balance sheet. They own the program and will re-invent it, and it will still sell around the world.

 
They own the program and will re-invent it, and it will still sell around the world.
To be honest I was always disappointed that they were allowed to call a show 'Top Gear' and it not be about high-quality drugs. This is an opportunity to rectify that mistake!

 
Ultimately, if I hit a colleague at work, I'd be sacked, as would all (or most) of you.  If I hit a subordinate and then subjected him to an hour long session of obscene verbal abuse, I'd be sacked and would consider myself fortunate not to be prosecuted.  AND, I'd be a complete c**t of a bully.

There are some things that are more important than you not getting to snigger at jezza's bloke-ish bigotry and out-moded casual racism.  And more important than worrying about a minor short-term impact on the BBC's balance sheet. They own the program and will re-invent it, and it will still sell around the world.
It's success is based very much on Clarkson and Willman. Everything on that show was filtered through them such that Top Gear probably doesn't exist without them. They'll move on and probably make more money, the BBC has one less quality show when it's in dire need of proving it's worth to the licence fee paying public and in all likelihood Netflix benefits.

 
Glasgow City Council

?@GlasgowCCouncil

Poor @JeremyClarkson. If only he'd abused a child instead of a producer then the @BBC would've covered the whole thing up.

 
To be honest I was always disappointed that they were allowed to call a show 'Top Gear' and it not be about high-quality drugs. This is an opportunity to rectify that mistake!
What do Jeremy Clarkson, Whitney Houston and Peaches Geldof have in common?

None of them will be doing Top Gear anymore.

 
It's success is based very much on Clarkson and Willman. Everything on that show was filtered through them such that Top Gear probably doesn't exist without them. They'll move on and probably make more money, the BBC has one less quality show when it's in dire need of proving it's worth to the licence fee paying public and in all likelihood Netflix benefits.
So that excuses him being a c**t of a bully then?  And would you still have a job if you punched a subordinate in work?  My company has a disciplinary procedure, and physical violence constitutes full grounds for instant dismissal.

 
In virtually all cases if you hit someone you are sacked indeed.

However, in our work years ago a guy was being bulled by another guy (few years before my time). The guy being bullied eventually snapped and punched the bully. Both called to a meeting and the bully got sacked,the other guy kept his job. Haha

Old skool, kinda like it.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top