MannyJello
In the Ressies
- Messages
- 431
- Reaction score
- 0
I'm not sure what upsets me most...the fact he's leaving, or the fact he's being so g-damned brazen about it. I mean, at least follow the program and keep your yap shut until the summer, and then leave with class and give lip service to how difficult the decision was, how much you'll miss the club and the fans, etc. etc.
if, like me, you harbored any illusions that perhaps Drogba might change his mind, i think this essentially seals the deal.
Drogba to leave in June
by Laurent Picard, 05 January 2008
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has confirmed his intention to leave Stamford Bridge next June.
The Blues star confessed last October that he wants to leave the London club and the Ivorian has once again expressed his intention to move.
The former Marseille star has confirmed that he said to magazine France-Football he has always felt unsettled at Stamford Bridge, but he still wants to win titles before ending his Chelsea adventure.
Drogba has refused to reveal the name of his next club, with Serie A giants Milan possible suitors.
The striker was operated on on December 8 and has not played since the surgery. He is hopeful he will defend his country’s flag during the upcoming African Cup of Nations in Ghana.
“It comes from me, I said what I am thinking, that I wanted to leave,” he told Eurosport.
“The problem is that I say that I want to leave since two or three years.
“Mourinho’s departure didn’t help, to the contrary it made my desire to leave even bigger.
“I am not going to speak about that (his next club), we will in the meantime.
“My major objective is the ACN and winning all the interests we have to win when I’ll return for Chelsea.
“The most important is the Champions League but when you are playing for the English title, you don’t swipe on it.”
[iframe:rt33k223]http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/05/Premier-League-Drogba-on-departure/[/iframe:rt33k223]
if, like me, you harbored any illusions that perhaps Drogba might change his mind, i think this essentially seals the deal.
Drogba to leave in June
by Laurent Picard, 05 January 2008
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba has confirmed his intention to leave Stamford Bridge next June.
The Blues star confessed last October that he wants to leave the London club and the Ivorian has once again expressed his intention to move.
The former Marseille star has confirmed that he said to magazine France-Football he has always felt unsettled at Stamford Bridge, but he still wants to win titles before ending his Chelsea adventure.
Drogba has refused to reveal the name of his next club, with Serie A giants Milan possible suitors.
The striker was operated on on December 8 and has not played since the surgery. He is hopeful he will defend his country’s flag during the upcoming African Cup of Nations in Ghana.
“It comes from me, I said what I am thinking, that I wanted to leave,” he told Eurosport.
“The problem is that I say that I want to leave since two or three years.
“Mourinho’s departure didn’t help, to the contrary it made my desire to leave even bigger.
“I am not going to speak about that (his next club), we will in the meantime.
“My major objective is the ACN and winning all the interests we have to win when I’ll return for Chelsea.
“The most important is the Champions League but when you are playing for the English title, you don’t swipe on it.”
[iframe:rt33k223]http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/05/Premier-League-Drogba-on-departure/[/iframe:rt33k223]