Drogba once again confirms June departure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitch. "I wanna go I wanna go!" And what about that "it made me sick to think about signing for Chelsea" line? Blah blah blah just f**k off Didier. You were used right and you were effective, but you're still a peasant first and footballer second.

What's the problem with selling him this month?

 
Coming out mid-season so publicly and saying it is a bit ordinary, but I'm guessing it's nothing he hasn't told Kenyon and co. And better he's up front about the move now, so we can start planning, than stringing the management along (like Lamps is doing) and then jumping ship.I always thought Drogs would follow JM to Milan. And that's exactly what he'll do.

It amazes me no end the fans (newer fans, I'm guessing) who instantly start slagging him off. I wish him nothing but the best. He was HUGELY instrumental in us winning two titles and a shed load of cups, and is a Chelsea legend IMHO.
Agree with you 100%, I'll always be grateful for what he's done for us. As for loyalty and what not, well I work for a firm and they pay for my loyalty and work but if I want to leave I have every right to move, be thankful for the time I had there (and they had the use of my labour) and then off I go. I don't see players at clubs being any different and holding some romantic view that they owe something of their soul to a club and some higher calling than a simple employer/employee relationship - well I just don't buy into that.

I think Roman probably already knows infact his first outburst was enough probably to seal his fate any way.

The club will get the use of his excellent labour and work ethic until the summer and we will get a hefty transfer fee in the summer for a 30 year old player - sounds like a good deal to me.

You don't cross or embarrass Roman in public - ask Mourinho.

Funny that no other news sources have picked up on this though, normally something like this would be all over the news wires.

As for Drogba automatically following Mourinho, I'm not so sure, I think he will choose the best pay day for him and best league that suits his talents.

 
Better still, why not just f**k off Enrico. Take a peasant that a pissant softtoy for brains like you anyday. Wholeheartedly agree with Brian and Callista on this. The article is just recycled rubbish.

 
Bitch. "I wanna go I wanna go!" And what about that "it made me sick to think about signing for Chelsea" line? Blah blah blah just F*** off Didier. You were used right and you were effective, but you're still a peasant first and footballer second.What's the problem with selling him this month?
The problem is we want to keep him! Why sell on of the best players in the world? He's been whining from the first day he got here so why would he instantly stop it. I'm guessing Didier don't do really well in interviews and that he has a bit of an ego but that is what superstars are in many cases.

 
Ok, two points here. Firstly "legend" is a hugely subjective term, which is ultimately down to your own individual opinion and interpretation. Mine being that Drogba, which hugely instrumental in our recent success - goals scored, work rate, defensive qualities - hasn't been here long enough for legendary status. Drogba I don't think, has done enough on a personal level to endear himself to the fans. If he leaves in the summer then no, if he stays another year or three, then maybe. Of course, length of time at the club isn't the only factor - Ray Wilkins for instance, came through the ranks, was our youngest ever captain, and was at the club a fair few years. A Chelsea Legend? Debatable. Fatty Foulkes on the other hand, was here a single season, and yet (in my opinion) is undoubtedly a Chelsea legend.

Secondly the article: my feeling is, as youlots says, that it's nothing more than recycled rubbish.

 
Secondly the article: my feeling is, as youlots says, that it's nothing more than recycled rubbish.
There is nothing in the news about this at all which leads me to believe you are spot on sir.
blue%20scalf.gif


 
The only two players that play for the current team that come close to being the Chelsea legends are Lampard and Terry in my opinion. Others haven't reached that level yet.

 
What's the problem with selling him this month?
1. Because the big transfers generally occur during the off-season and as such we are likely to maximise our transfer fee during that period

2. The ACN only goes for a month or two, there is still plenty of football to be played once he returns to Chelsea (ditto Essien and Kalou)

 
I'd throw Joe Cole's name into the hat with Lamps and JT on the 'fast track to potential legendary status'. Oh, and Carlo too. For many reasons.

 
The Times has picked up on this story too now but they have not said where they get their quotes from.

It's silly to try and sell Drogba in the January transfer window, maximise our cash in the summer and get the rest of the season from him.

It's clear Drogba plays just as well whether he wants to play for us or not!

In fact I wish Sheva would tell us more he's not happy here, never has been and wants to leave - may be then he'd start performing like Drogba.
icon_wink.gif


 
Has any of you guys watched the actual interview?...i did

Does any of you know the context in which the transfer issue was brought up?...i know

In that same interview, Drogba said that he regrets that all the time journalists either create stories or change some contexts of the truth...just in order to sell more papers.

That's sad.

Drogba wants to go now?...has any of you even wondered at least once why he wants to leave?...like somebody said it might because of his family, or any other reasons non-football related....how many of you guys are ready to risk his family's happiness for a job?(this is just an example).

Some people say Drogba doesn't love Chelsea...ok he might not...But i want you guys to tell me, apart from Terry, which current chelsea player show indeniable attach to the team or to the club on ON THE PITCH?...Which player would you rather have?:

- a player who always wanna leave but once he steps on the pitch he becomes this guy that can die for the team. or

- a player that has always said he loves the club but doesn't bother to give everything he has for the team.

 
I'd throw Joe Cole's name into the hat with Lamps and JT on the 'fast track to potential legendary status'. Oh, and Carlo too. For many reasons.
I don't consider any of our players to be real Chelsea legends at this point and beleive that ultimately JT is the only one who will be remembered in 20 years as a true Chelsea legend the way Osgood is or Zola will be.

 
Chelsea legend he is not, but he is undeniably world class (if not the best striker in the world) and will be a huge loss.

Unfortunately, he is so big a loss that we will have to change our entire playing system, as our current one is basically desinged around him.

He's not the type of player who can be directly replaced. Sure, there are other strikers who can play alone up front, but no one who has the ablity to single-handedly dominate an entire opposition defence like he can on his day.

To put it simply, I can't see us playing any kind of decent attacking football with a single striker unless that striker is Didier Drogba.

What is does do is make us reanalyse the situation with Anelka and Berbatov. Given that we really should get a minimum of 25 million for the Drog at the end of the season, we should look at signing them both if you ask me.

 
Barcelona play fine with only one out and out striker, as do a number of other top teams in Europe. It's not the formation itself but how it is played that matters.

 
First things first - I see a lot of you overlook Lampard when you talk about players who love Chelsea and who could even be considered for "legends" status. I'm telling you that Lamps does love Chelsea, and probably just as much as JT does. I believe he will sign a new deal in the summer.

I did initially have my questions about Didier when we signed him, as I was looking at other world class strikers to be signed by a club with unlimited funds. I was also less than impressed with some of his footballing attributes, probably emphasized by my dismay that we signed him when we could have signed other strikers.

I also did not, and still don't, like his antics on the field, e.g. falling over at the slightest touch, feigning injury, complaining, sulking, mouthing off to the press, etc...

However, having said all this, I cannot deny that he is one of the most effective strikers in world football and can take on a whole opposing back line by himself. In Jose's preferred system, there is probably no one else that can play it as well as Didier. With him on the pitch, it doesn't matter who we play or how good their defenders are, we will always have a chance to score because of Didier's physical attributes. A more tactical striker can essentially be nullified whereas it is much more difficult to stop Didier. From that stand point, if Didier left us, we would be that much weakened, and whoever signed him would be that much strengthened.

I for one will be hoping we can change his mind, and I am ready to continue to overlook the things he does that annoys me. If he can be associated with any club at the moment, it is Chelsea. I believe there is unfinished business and he CAN attain legend status if he stays to finish what is left to be done. But, if his desire to leave is that great then so be it.

One final thought on this matter: I've read that people feel he is NOT a team player. I cannot understand this. I believe he IS truly a team player. He didn't like the tactics imposed by Jose, i.e. one striker who defended from the front, but he still got on with business and worked hard in every game.

If we DO change the way we play and move away from the loan forward system, maybe Didier's departure would not hit us so hard. There are strikers available who would be similarly effective in a different system. This is not to say Didier wouldn't also be effective in a different system for I believe he would.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Cheers,

Butch

 
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is being lined up for a £40 million move to AC Milan.

The People says Jose Mourinho will join Drogba at Milan at the end of the season.

Drogba, 29, has been in constant contact with Mourinho since his shock exit from Stamford Bridge and is desperate to play for the Portuguese boss again having told friends that he will leave.

AC Milan have become fed up with Ancelotti's side under performing and have told Mourinho that the job is his and Drogba is his number one target.

A source said: "Drogba has told his Chelsea team-mates that he will be leaving in the summer to join Mourinho at AC Milan when he gets the job.

"That is why Avram Grant is so desperate to bring in two or three top striker in the January transfer window. Then they will have six months to settle before Drogba leaves."

----------------

Yes we all want him to stay, but £40 million (if that's a 'real' price for him) ain't chump change for a 29 year old striker...
300.gif


 
Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is being lined up for a £40 million move to AC Milan. The People says Jose Mourinho will join Drogba at Milan at the end of the season.

Drogba, 29, has been in constant contact with Mourinho since his shock exit from Stamford Bridge and is desperate to play for the Portuguese boss again having told friends that he will leave.

AC Milan have become fed up with Ancelotti's side under performing and have told Mourinho that the job is his and Drogba is his number one target.

A source said: "Drogba has told his Chelsea team-mates that he will be leaving in the summer to join Mourinho at AC Milan when he gets the job.

"That is why Avram Grant is so desperate to bring in two or three top striker in the January transfer window. Then they will have six months to settle before Drogba leaves."

----------------

Yes we all want him to stay, but £40 million (if that's a 'real' price for him) ain't chump change for a 29 year old striker...
300.gif
I think 30-35 M would be a fair price for Drogba, he is our equivalent of their Shevchenko, who cost 30

 
I don't think that you can have a player who always wants to leave, but then steps on the pitch and gives it his all. Or, conversely, have someone who loves the club and never tries!

 
I think given he wants to leave and everyone knows we are planning to sell him, we will probably only get 20 million for him. 25 million if we are lucky........

 
I think it'll be closer to the £40m mentioned previously than it will £20m, purely because of how (as mad_mac mentioned) he keeps playing for us - if he wasn't putting in much effort (ala Ronaldinho) then the club would be more pressed to get rid of him, and people willing to pay less - but when they're playing as well as Drogba is I feel it'll keep the price high. The only way I can see his value dropping is if he comes back from the ACN not really bothered about Chelsea.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top