FA Cup Final, Chelsea vs Everton, 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not if there's only one goal in it and the team losing is constant non-stop attacking, automatically adds another minute or two.
Unless that attacking team is Chelsea. Then they blow up 30 seconds before the allotted time is up.

 
Well, we score 3 and let in 2 at the weekend. they score 2 and let in none!

Think this could be quite a tough game for us, and I can't help but feel extra time and the dreaded penalites beckon.

Osman looked very lively for them this weekend, btw.

Scott

 
It will be a tough game, and an excellent opportunity for both clubs. Fancy our chances on neutral ground. Team is used to the big occasion. Injury situation looks ok. Drogs about due for a goal I reckon.

 
Everton is the only thing kept 2 clean sheets against us this season, so it says something about their ability, although we were unlucky on both occasions. I believe Drogba will score the winning goal once more. However I'm concerned by out ability to defend set pieces and their aerial power, I would park Alex next to Tim Cahill during every set pieces. He is the biggest threat of all, never understood why he is that good in the air ( considering his height), but hell of a player.

 
I'm suprised by this thread - quite a few of you seem happy we're there. Nice one !!.

As long as you're not daft enough to think it'll be an easy win - ask manure, villa and the redsh*te about that.

Good luck on Saturday lads - hope the best team wearing blue wins :rolleyes:

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.......

Btw - the blokes that posted about the 8ts, it cut both ways. I remeber a League Cup game at your place when i lived in the smoke. I had to bunk off the escort because i was going to Croydon. Anyway chatting to a Chelsea mate by the home end, some divvy tried to jump because he didn't think i'd seen him. So there you go - d*ckheads on both sides.

By the same token had a few laughs with your lot on the Early out of Euston when i was going home and you where travelin' up norff.

 
Certainly won't be easy that's for sure, you've shut us out twice this season but I think you're gonna have to do that a third time to win. Our guys will be well fired up having missed out on Rome. It'll be interesting to see how your younger lads cope, will they have the brashness of youth with no fear or will they freeze on the big occasion?

 
Good luck on Saturday lads - hope the best team wearing blue wins :rolleyes:
Gonna be confusing if we are both wearing blue!

I dont think any Chelsea fans are taking Saturday for granted by the way.

 
I'm suprised by this thread - quite a few of you seem happy we're there. Nice one !!.
If there is one Premiership team I wouldn't begrudge a cup win against us it's Everton. Honest team built on a modest budget with a good manager. Players such as Cahill, Arteta, Jagielka... Okay, so you've got Neville, but we'll over look that. Plus Fellaini has a fantastic hair do.

If we lose, I'll stay and watch you lift the cup.

Plus you had the Scum as much as we do :rolleyes:

 
we'll be in yellow for this.

can you believe it though? our fourth (!) fa cup final this decade!

 
we'll be in yellow for this.can you believe it though? our fourth (!) fa cup final this decade!
Should be our 5th. Liverpool were right there for the taking in 06. If Cole had buried that last minute chance we'd have ruined them in ET. I also recall Jose playing a strange team/formation that day ?

 
yeah was there, remember it well. he played essien at the top of the diamond, paulo on the right (i.e. central midfield) and geremi at rightback! and he was torn apart by kewell who was moving in slow motion.

 
"Obviously Cech goes in nets" - speak f**king English man, it's Cech goes in goal not Cech goes in nets!!!

 
perhaps he has been told that Petr will be wearing fishnets

 
I want to win this soo much but its going to be a difficult afternoon . We need a solid performance at the back , and they will want to expose Cech if given the oportunity . Lets face it , he's vulnerable .l

 
The counter on the Shed End Home page - isnt it an hour late?

 
Balls to all this talk about some game in Rome that we weren't involved in We have a cup final to build up to - I bet Everton fans aren't wasting their energies talking about the CL final.

It's the FA Cup final.

It's at Wembley.

We're in it.

Come on the Chelsea!!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top