FIFA 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair german-blue, FIFA has and always will be a console football game more than a PC one. I'm not sure about PES seen as I haven't had one since the very first one. Until FIFA 09, PES was always ahead of FIFA in the rankings, and FIFA 09 blew PES 2009 completely out of the water, it was perfection in a football game. FIFA 10 is, after a couple of months of judging and comparing, the best football game ever made, I feel. No bones about it, it's absolutely brilliant. I've not played PES 2010, but I just don't think it'll be able to beat FIFA. Whenever I've played PES, it doesn't have the fluency of FIFA, it's more arcadey. And I don't like that, personally.

And about the Messi pictures - yes, the PES Messi is much much more realistic than the FIFA Messi, but that could be where PES go wrong. PES concentrate too much on the likenesses to the real players. Whereas besides FIFA having outstanding graphics anyway, they're always adding new features to the game, improvements on the gameplay etc. which sets FIFA apart from PES for me. PES is the exact same every year.

 
To be fair german-blue, FIFA has and always will be a console football game more than a PC one. I'm not sure about PES seen as I haven't had one since the very first one. Until FIFA 09, PES was always ahead of FIFA in the rankings, and FIFA 09 blew PES 2009 completely out of the water, it was perfection in a football game. FIFA 10 is, after a couple of months of judging and comparing, the best football game ever made, I feel. No bones about it, it's absolutely brilliant. I've not played PES 2010, but I just don't think it'll be able to beat FIFA. Whenever I've played PES, it doesn't have the fluency of FIFA, it's more arcadey. And I don't like that, personally.And about the Messi pictures - yes, the PES Messi is much much more realistic than the FIFA Messi, but that could be where PES go wrong. PES concentrate too much on the likenesses to the real players. Whereas besides FIFA having outstanding graphics anyway, they're always adding new features to the game, improvements on the gameplay etc. which sets FIFA apart from PES for me. PES is the exact same every year.
Sorry but every test about the games (at least every test about the PC-Version in Germany) critisies the unrealism of FIFA, in comparison to PES. Fifa is the arcade game, not PES. In FIFA you can do the same every time, PES constantly changes and every match is different. And I have played FIFA 10 on PC, and I thought its horrible. PES is much more like real football. While playing FIFA you constantly feel that you are just playing a cheap game.

 
FIFA 10 has received high critical acclaim, with a 91% aggregate rating at Metacritic[30] and a 90% aggregate rating on GameRankings.[31]The first review was a 9/10 from PlayStation Official Magazine (UK), commenting "This not only plays the best on-the-pitch football of any FIFA title, but it has an incredibly smart and compelling way of tying it all together, too. Brilliant, again."[30]

IGN UK gave the game a rating of 9.3/10 for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions commenting "One of the most refined, polished and compelling takes on the beautiful game – and arguably of any given sport. While this year’s improvements might seem slight on paper, each one is perfectly pitched and works together to create an experience that’s an improvement on last year’s game in every conceivable way."[32]

GameSpot gave it a 9/10, saying "FIFA 10 offers the best gameplay in the series' history and includes even more features and game modes to boot." It also earned the "Editor's Choice Award" for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions.[33]

Official Nintendo Magazine gave the Wii version 84% praising the comic like visuals whilst saying booster cards in Battle For Glory mode add spice but criticized stuttering special moves.
That proves my point right there.

With FIFA, the gameplay does take a little bit of getting used to, with the controls being a bit more complicated, but once you get into it, it's really is masterful. PES has stayed the same every year I've played, with just that 8-direction movement, the annoyance of trying to turn when sprinting with Malouda and running straight into touch. FIFA is all different, you can change direction in an instant, it's brilliant.

But, like an argument between a Chelsea fan and a Liverpool fan, it will always be very biased. I'm the FIFA fan, and always will be, you're the PES fan, and always will be. That's how it is, we could argue for days about this subject and not get anywhere in the process.

Having not yet played PES 2010, I haven't had the chance to compare the latest releases, but when comparing the 2009 games (both on 360) FIFA came out with flying colours. You will most definitely disagree, but ho hum.

 
This pic says it all really.
2z5ueci.jpg
This pic is from fifa09 and by no means does fifa feel arcadey when you play it

 
haha exactlyfifa10:

pes2010_messi.jpg
Actually you might be surprised to learn that that this image is from pes2010 if you look at your own image link... you're a genius for that btw.

Anyway, FIFA admitted themselves that they haven't improved the graphics in the PC version of FIFA10, from FIFA09. Their reasoning is that people in South America don't have PC's capable of playing it... no, I'm not joking.

 
Anyway, FIFA admitted themselves that they haven't improved the graphics in the PC version of FIFA10, from FIFA09. Their reasoning is that people in South America don't have PC's capable of playing it... no, I'm not joking.
Actually you would be suprised. In brazil the government heavily taxes all foreign imports, to the point where a ps3 costs over $1000 usd. Add that to a poor country which probably can't afford new (overpriced) computers, it seems like a nice idea.

Fifa on PC is always worse than its console counterparts, to the point it seems like they a different games. Stick to the 360 or ps3 version IMO.

 
Actually you would be suprised. In brazil the government heavily taxes all foreign imports, to the point where a ps3 costs over $1000 usd. Add that to a poor country which probably can't afford new (overpriced) computers, it seems like a nice idea.Fifa on PC is always worse than its console counterparts, to the point it seems like they a different games. Stick to the 360 or ps3 version IMO.
I'm saying that for the rest of us, it's frustrating. It's always worse on PC, not because our PCs are worse, but because some people don't have computers capable of playing it. They are completely different games, they don't even change the game-play, they just change the menus and who plays for whichever team. It seems strange that after spending a fair amount of money on my PC, I now have to buy a console as well, for just one game I want to play. Fantastic.

If my computer isn't capable of playing a game, I don't buy it and just stick to the previous version, I don't demand that they make the game worse so I can play it.

 
Gem, let me improve a bit on it and will give you a game one day, you got ps3 ain't you?

 
I do, I'm only ever Chelsea though, so will need practice with another team.

I played the same guy twice - once with Chelsea and once with Madrid, won 4-1 and lost the other 5-0. A bit like Gerrard me, a one trick pony.

 
I do, I'm only ever Chelsea though, so will need practice with another team.I played the same guy twice - once with Chelsea and once with Madrid, won 4-1 and lost the other 5-0. A bit like Gerrard me, a one trick pony.
I'm a bit like that, though I play against my little brother and we constantly change teams to shake it up a bit. I've found I'm rather good with Chelsea, England, Madrid and Inter. I just rotate those 4 now :P

 
Last edited by a moderator:
You on the PS3 or Xbox?

Y'know... I've never played with an International team... I'll look into that :P

 
Ahh okay.

You just escaped a trashing then!! YEAH!!!!!!

.... I may have become rubbish again if/when you get a PS3... but until then - lucky escape for your pride.

 
As far as 4 star teams go i have found that napoli is very good, always enjoy playing with them

 
I've gotten pretty good at the new one. If anyone wants to have a go with/against me, I think there is a way to play (PC version). Let me know.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top