Football manager 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a start to the competitive games for me...well...sort of competitive...Community shield...

United 1 v 6 Chelsea

Goals to Anelka, Essien, Lampard, Malouda x 2, and a debut goal for Jones.

Good start...love this formation, served me well with Brisbane and it's started nicely here.

First team:

-----------------------------------------------------------Cech-------------------------------------------------

---Ivanovic-----------------------------Terry----------------------Alex---------------------Cole----------

-----------------------------------------------Ramires-------------Essien------------------------------------

--Anelka--------------------------------------------Lampard-------------------------------Malouda-----

-------------------------------------------------------Drogba-------------------------------------------------

 
If you need a right back get this fella, Serge Aurier. Got him for about £8mill and within 2 seasons he`s worth £45mill. Also, i signed Paulo Henrique and Pastore for my Chelsea team and both are doing brilliantly.
Funny I've got all of them. With the small database I've scouted just about everyone in the game in 6 seasons.

Terry and Lamps are retiring together at the end of the season. Lamps wants to manage and Terry's already player/coach. Drogba has already had a season managing City and got fired. :laugh2: Now assistant manager for my Brazil.

Team right now

De Gea

Aurier Pique Chiellini Digne

Sissoko Pastore

Kakuta Bale

Dzeko Aguero

​


I know its the same boring bunch of players and the transfer bug also helped. I'm gonna start a new save with a bigger database and try some lower league club.

 
Funny I've got all of them. With the small database I've scouted just about everyone in the game in 6 seasons.

Terry and Lamps are retiring together at the end of the season. Lamps wants to manage and Terry's already player/coach. Drogba has already had a season managing City and got fired. :laugh2: Now assistant manager for my Brazil.

Team right now

De Gea

Aurier Pique Chiellini Digne

Sissoko Pastore

Kakuta Bale

Dzeko Aguero

​


I know its the same boring bunch of players and the transfer bug also helped. I'm gonna start a new save with a bigger database and try some lower league club.
Who is Digne? Any good? Any other young players who turn out to be brillaint, who are the most expensive players in your game now?

 
My game's got a little tough....

League results:

1-0 v Wolves

1-2 v Bolton

4-0 Wigan

5-1 Sunderland

0-2 Spurs :(

4-2 Everton

5-1 West Brom

1-2 Man City

3-0 Blackpool

1-1 Birmingham

0-0 Blackburn

1-1 Fulham

3-0 Newcastle

2-0 Arsenal

0-2 Liverpool

2-0 United

1-1 Villa

3-1 West Ham

3-1 Stoke

A real mixed bag...I've fallen as low as 7th, but currently sit second, having played more games. Liverpool are first, and United will overtake me with games in hand.

I've fared well in the league cup...winning my three games for a combined score of 10-1.

Champions league started well with a 2-1 win ove Schalke...before losing 2-1 at Marseille. Beat Rubin home and away before losing heavily away to Schalke. That threatened to end my quest for first..I had to claim 4 goals on Marseille to finish above them. I beat them 4-2 in the end, and got though on goals scored, with same goal difference.

Alex has by far been my best player. He keeps scoring headers.

 
Who is Digne? Any good? Any other young players who turn out to be brillaint, who are the most expensive players in your game now?
Lucas Digne. He's pretty good. The left sided version of Aurier

/monthly_12_2010/post-6069-0-34061000-1292673273.png
Danny Wilson of Liverpool gets really good. Get him early cause they wont sell him now.

/monthly_12_2010/post-6069-0-35172700-1292673449.png
Some others besides the obvious ones, who are really good right now are

Khouma Babacar

/monthly_12_2010/post-6069-0-49630300-1292673583.png
Raphael Varane

/monthly_12_2010/post-6069-0-36085500-1292674147.png
Lorenzo Crisetig

/monthly_12_2010/post-6069-0-23501800-1292674310.png
 

Attachments

  • Lucas Digne (Profile_ Attributes).png
    Lucas Digne (Profile_ Attributes).png
    184.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Danny Wilson (Profile_ Attributes).png
    Danny Wilson (Profile_ Attributes).png
    175.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Khouma Babacar (Profile_ Attributes)-2.png
    Khouma Babacar (Profile_ Attributes)-2.png
    187.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Raphaël Varane (Profile_ Attributes).png
    Raphaël Varane (Profile_ Attributes).png
    177.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Lorenzo Crisetig (Profile_ Attributes).png
    Lorenzo Crisetig (Profile_ Attributes).png
    174 KB · Views: 0
Anyone else find they have a ridiculous amount of players injured at times. I currently have 5 strikers injured and 4 midfielders. In my last match I had to play Gokhan Tore as a lone striker because he`s all I`ve bloody got left.

 
I think its the new patch. Apparently they have changed it so that injury prone players are slightly more likely to pick up injuries. Its worked out for me with my oversized squad.

 
bcarroll mine is nearly 3 years old now and I'm still comfortably running Itunes, a few tabs in Chrome and FM2011 along with all the other normal stuff without it being slow. I wouldn't say the specs are fantastic either.

I just discovered a feature I think is quite cool, the concept of players wanting to be player/coaches. I just signed Hilario up as a player/goalkeeping coach he isn't bad either, and should get better. Good way for long serving players to end their careers and keep them at the club.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
ya i've just got it and running perfectly cheers lads.. Time for me to put Carlo out of a job!

 
Don't have 11, but I have FM10.

Tried to sign Seamus Coleman from Everton...he turned me down for Stoke :Facepalm:

Bought Lakuku though, scored on his debut.

 
McEachran on this game is just wow

Planning on using him in LC and FA Cup games. Against Morecambe now but in the Premier League I'm 3rd and in the Champo League I beat Schalke, in Germany, 3-0

 
The game I started before the patch that fixed the transfer bug, had Bertrand turning into an awesome player.

In this one, Sturridge is performing better than I expected.

My team at the moment:

GK: Cech

RB: Aurier

CB: Terry

CB: Alex

LB: Cole

CM: Lampard

CM: Essien

AMR: Rakitic

AMC: Ramires

AML: Malouda

ST: Lukaku

The rest:

Delac

Phil Jones

Bertrand

Bruma

McEachran

Mikel

Kakuta

Kadlec

Sturridge

Mancienne

Ivanovic

Drogba

Kalou

I do a lot of rotation...eg. Ivanovic and Aurier, Sturrdige LW or ST, Jones, CB or CM

The players are performing well. Bruma recently played in the league, and got a 9.8 rating, scoring a hattrick. Ramires is playing very well. Rakitic was a free signing holding a 7.64 rating over his first 7 games at the club. Delac is very good.

 
Sturridge has became a very good player for me too Cam, almost by accident. I had a load of strikers injured so played him and he scored 15 goals in 9 games. He is now a starter alongside Drogba and Babacar and scoring more than the other 2. McEachran hasnt quite got going on mine, though Kakuta is getting better and better.

 
He's certainly not progressing as much as I'd like...but I'll keep trying lol

I'm only in the second season so far. I haven't played FM much lately, and when I have, it hasn't been for long.

Also, my Brisbane game is epic, so I keep going to that one too.

 
And now mine isnt working. After a windows update (no surprise) it has decided to do absolutely nothing when I double click the icon to fire it up. Timer comes on the cursor like its doing something but then stops. Dont even get the security flash screen up. God I hate computers.

 
Don't have the computer version sadly, may invest when my exams are over, we'll see. But, my brother got it on his PSP for Christmas, and played that a lot over Christmas. Stand outs were Bruma, Bertrand, Ramires, Moussa Sissoko, Alexis Sanchez and Dzeko.

 
how many seasons maximum have you guys played in any version of football manager ?

i can't play past 5yrs it would have gotten boring by then if you are with a top club with a big budget,i always end up managing countries after that

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top