Forum over the years

Not out of my mind, Robbie  :tongue:
Adam-Scottcheers.gif
 
This was my favourite as well. As we’re reminiscing about old posters I miss @That Boy Brandinho that used to post on here regularly. Been years since he last did although I have him on Facebook so this has nudged me to reach out.

@Arq was another good poster on here as well, always wonder what happened to them after they stopped posting a couple of years ago.

I also miss the match chat room we used to have that only a few of our posters knew about and it was always the same regulars in it. Hard to believe I’ve been posting on here for a decade!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yea that old chatroom was good. It was removed because generally people were using the match topic the same, so we ended up with two things going at once.

I remember the first chatroom had a auto-talk bot in there that we switched on between matchdays. There was a member here who will remain un-named, that used to go in for regular chats with her :biggrin: Bless him! I still think he doesn't know to this day.

 
There really was a time I lived on this forum, probably between 2005-2012, I was on here all day every day. Have great memories of match chats, topics and certain members. Rumour threads were always entertaining when it became apparent the player was coming. 
 

I still interact with a few people via Twitter and/or Facebook, lots of good eggs out there. 

 
Yea that old chatroom was good. It was removed because generally people were using the match topic the same, so we ended up with two things going at once.

I remember the first chatroom had a auto-talk bot in there that we switched on between matchdays. There was a member here who will remain un-named, that used to go in for regular chats with her :biggrin: Bless him! I still think he doesn't know to this day.
It was Loz wasn't it? 

 
Mad Mick yeah I met him once I believe.

Here's a good one

Barak,Ethical and Coombsie.

gallery_112_20_249114.jpg

gallery_3_12_22946.jpg

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I know Barak went to Israel and became a father, that explains his disappearance from the forum, but what happened to Ethical? And Coombsie? How can they abandon us like that?

 
Incredible list of names here. I joined the original CSR Forums late 2004 as a refugee from CFCNet, lol. Being a young Australian kid it was an interesting experience; I thought @loz and @Pauly were some of the funniest people alive, @youlots was a hero, @Brian M was going to be proven horribly wrong about Zlatan and that @Butch rigged the site game. 

In 2005, I remember thinking that this forum never appreciated true genius of Ricardo Carvalho (I was right) and later Asier Del Horno (I was so, so, so wrong). I remember the solidarity: joyous in the way the forum erupted during the 4-2 Barcelona game, steady during the Frisk controversy (my first ever post was a critique of Frank Rjikaard's pre-match comments) and consoling during the loss to Liverpool.

Since then, I've finished school and university, began a career in mental health, bought a home and married, yet one thing has remained consistent in my 16 years of being a member of this community; Tottenham haven't won the league.

 
This will always be one of my favourite moments on the forum.

how-am-i-doing-boss.png


I remember crying with laughter when I first seen it. Taking the piss out of Liverpool when they weren't winning was so much fun, I hope we can go back to the days of the boom-bust cycle one day ?

RAWK Meltdown and the Brendan Rodgers threads were amazing.

 
That’s Mad Mick bottom picture centre in the shirt. Funny man he once took a ball to a match wrote mad mick on it the kisses then threw it on the pitch at some point. I could never figure out why ?
The "Mad" in @MadMickC.F.C. may shed some light on it   :biggrin:   Did @mad_mac find inspiration there, I wonder...

@Scott is being mysterious in a black jacket and only showing his left ear to the camera  :shhh:

@geezer looking up in respect  :wink:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
:biggrin:  Thankfully Loz beaming into the camera is the centre piece! I forgot the name of that young man in the background, does anyone remember? I think he was aiming for a political career. And whose back is that?

 
Just popping in after a long, long time away. Good to see this place still up an running.

CSR and The Shed End gave me some good times, pleased to see some familiar names still knocking about.

My own memories:

@loz - Solid chap and all-round good mod.

Henry - From Singapore, just down the road from me'

@barak81 Had a good opinion on just about everything football related. Posted so much I thought he slept in front of his PC.

@Darko Pretty active in the early days of TSE, left when his health got better.

@Brian M Will forever be remembered for his tall tales, Zlatan fetish and his winking avatar.

@geezer Learnt the meaning of the word "geezer" after looking it up online. Loved it ever since.

@moi Lovely lady who always thought my avatar was a tart (she's not). *May* have had a slight crush on her way back when. ? 

Loved our Xpert11 league and attempts to play Football Manager against one another, although time zones made the latter almost impossible for me.

 
Back
Top