Jadon Sancho

I look on the forum at the Red Cafe from time t time, it started with Mourinho going there, I was fascinated to see how he settled there.

I also agree there are a sizable number of bloggers against Glazer too. 

Sancho is at risk of becoming like Zaha if the club do not lower their money expectations.
I joined Red Cafe at exactly the same time for exactly the same reason. My inner instincts lead me to believe it was all going to end in tears but I didn't want to come straight out with it at the time. I gave my thoughts on how Jose can be divisive but a clever manager. I had some good exchanges.

Red Cafe has a large contingent of Utd fans who believe they are just entitled to be top of the league and win everything. They still somehow haven't taken on board what has been happening since SAF left. 

Red Cafe has taught me how lucky Chelsea are to have Bruce Buck and Roman Abramovich at the helm.

 
I joined Red Cafe at exactly the same time for exactly the same reason. My inner instincts lead me to believe it was all going to end in tears but I didn't want to come straight out with it at the time. I gave my thoughts on how Jose can be divisive but a clever manager. I had some good exchanges.

Red Cafe has a large contingent of Utd fans who believe they are just entitled to be top of the league and win everything. They still somehow haven't taken on board what has been happening since SAF left. 
It's a massive site with a huge number of bloggers and differing views.

There is still a sizable sum that think they have a right to sweep up all the trophies and various others that think they should have stuck with Van Gaal or trusted Mourinho more.

There are also problems with either factions in the team or the support staff, I recall that time Mourinho found his team selection on-line.

 
It's a massive site with a huge number of bloggers and differing views.

There is still a sizable sum that think they have a right to sweep up all the trophies and various others that think they should have stuck with Van Gaal or trusted Mourinho more.

There are also problems with either factions in the team or the support staff, I recall that time Mourinho found his team selection on-line.
I hadn't heard that. I know Spurs used to suffer with leaks.

 
It's a massive site with a huge number of bloggers and differing views.

There is still a sizable sum that think they have a right to sweep up all the trophies and various others that think they should have stuck with Van Gaal or trusted Mourinho more.

There are also problems with either factions in the team or the support staff, I recall that time Mourinho found his team selection on-line.
It's hardly a collegiate atmosphere but there again, it's a fan site. Those of us of a certain age can well remember the slow decline of 1969-74 after Busby retired. We remember David Gill telling us that there would be no repeat performance after Fergie went and that our next manager would be proven in Europe and have trophies under his belt. We got Moyes. I know that hindsight is 20/20 but some of us saw history about to repeat itself, and history often does that because nobody listens the first time. In my opinion, we should have brought Jose in after Fergie stepped down, just as we should have brought Clough in when Busby retired but, most of all, those with the power to do so should have stopped the Glazers in their tracks in 2005 but a combination of greed and hubris saw them take control. Now Joel Glazer is positioning himself to grab control of something much bigger.

 
On a personal level I wanted Jose to get Perisic at Utd. I wanted to see if his judgment was still there.

Jose was making the sort of noises that reminded me of how he brought out the best in Drogba, Lampard, Milito and Sneijder.

Of course that boat has sailed now.

 
If Ziyech and Pulisic keep struggling with being fit, I say we try and go for Sancho in the summer. I thought that we would have a problem with so many players wanting to play all the time but if 2/3 wingers keep getting injured then it's almost like a no brainer.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
If Ziyech and Pulisic keep struggling with being fit, I say we try and go for Sancho in the summer. I thought that we would have a problem with so many players wanting to play all the time but if 2/3 wingers keep getting injured then it's almost like a no brainer.
Not exactly having a great season so far though.

 
Not exactly having a great season so far though.
To be fair he was really amazing last season so I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't reach that level again two seasons in a row, he's still a young talent.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Think his performance is partly down to the transfer rumours been following him all year. He's not injured, fatigue could be a factor but who's not, probably playing at third gear until he gets motivated again.  We probably can't afford him, but do need another wing player considering all the injuries we had up to this point.

 
I watch BVB frequently as they are my second team. Sancho disappears for frequent periods of games this year. This is happening even now with Haaland out with a knee injury. He is not the answer for Chelsea. I would much rather have Haaland and Bellingham whose combined transfer price would be less than Sancho. 
 

Haaland is the real deal. He is very strong, fast and skilled. 

 
Rather spend £80M plus on a player like this than Declan Rice. I like Sancho alot, he's the type of player who could make the difference in the tight games like vs Spurs and Utd. He's the type of player that could take you from third place to champions. From London and a Chelsea fan too just adds to the appeal.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last season he had 15+ goals and 15+ assists, managing an assist or goal in less than every 80minutes of a game, that's just too insane.

This season he is yet to score a goal in the Bundesliga so he clearly over-performed last season, those numbers were just too good for any 19-20 year old. I still wouldn't want someone like Spurs or Liverpool to sign him though, hopefully Ziyech and Pulisic don't get injured anymore and we're fine.

 
Last season he had 15+ goals and 15+ assists, managing an assist or goal in less than every 80minutes of a game, that's just too insane.

This season he is yet to score a goal in the Bundesliga so he clearly over-performed last season, those numbers were just too good for any 19-20 year old. I still wouldn't want someone like Spurs or Liverpool to sign him though, hopefully Ziyech and Pulisic don't get injured anymore and we're fine.
Not just his goals or assists but his dribbling and ability to take players on is really good. We only have Pulisic in our squad who can do that and as we know he is always injured.

 
For whatever reason Sancho has lost his confidence and his ability to beat players 1 v 1. He looks very ordinary this season.The best players on BVB right now are Haaland, Reyna and Birmingham.

 
This maybe the right time to buy Sancho. Pullisic was losing his spot in the team so we got him, this time will be harder but not impossible. Maybe the other players will stay fit if we signed a  serious competition

 
This maybe the right time to buy Sancho. Pullisic was losing his spot in the team so we got him, this time will be harder but not impossible. Maybe the other players will stay fit if we signed a  serious competition
Sancho's production and confidence is way down. He is not the answer for Chelsea. Hard pass.

 
Linked again due to his price drop. I'm always going to be a fan of this type of player but realistically we don't have space.

Pulisic, Ziyech, CHO are all meant to be first choice starters. Add in the fact Werner, Mount and Havertz can all occupy front roles and we have an overload. Can't really drop £80m on squad depth

 
If Ziyech and Pulisic struggle I can see us wanting a new winger... In that case my pick would be Bamba.

 
Back
Top