Michael Olise

Fabritzio Romano says we are looking for a winger and a striker. Olise was the main target. 

 
Meh I wasn’t keeping up with all this stuff so don’t really care if we get him or not. We have enough talent to progress to where we want to be.

 
Agree. 

However when you have a chance to snap a player as good as olise withreasonable fee, you need to consider it.

If he really demand 350k, then I pass but if it is just 200k and we say no, then it is a clear indication what we are trying to do as a team. 
Yeah.. I understand what you are saying.. it’s clear as day though that he chose bayern above us and despite the media saying what it is I don’t think it’s wages.

but is he really that good ? Maybe he is I don’t know. Is it kompany who wants him?

 
Yeah.. I understand what you are saying.. it’s clear as day though that he chose bayern above us and despite the media saying what it is I don’t think it’s wages.

but is he really that good ? Maybe he is I don’t know. Is it kompany who wants him?
He's very talented. Defence often seems optional in the BL, he'll have a fine old time.

 
In 2005 we let in 15 goals. Last season 63. City let in 34, Arsenal 29 and Liverpool 41. Yes exciting attackers win games but I reckon great defence with enough attack wins premierships. 
Defense in general is more about the team. You can train compactness and discipline but good luck coaching your player to make final ball, dribble past player or score. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well, what can we do if Bayern is his first choice?

Hopefully our back up target will be as good as Olise.

 
Cant but think letting him slip through the fingers over wages when other funds just seem to be wasted on players most of us and the media  have no clue about and will most likely not be ready for 1st team like MO is. 50 mill was less than we offered as well ? 

 
The problem would be pay parity, everyone else in the team then think they should be paid more, and a precedent will have been set. This is why it's important to shift the very high earners out.

 
Would have been nice as I rate him as a player but if it’s over wages then I do understand.

We either need a quality striker or a quality left winger IMO.

The board neglecting to address both of these issues and still expecting a top 4 finish makes little sense to me.

 
I think it’s not just question of wage cap.. I think they have slabs which is quite common.. Olise and Nico aren’t a salah.. saka .. bernardo etc if it were a tier 1 player I think we will have a larger cap.. then there are world class players like mbappe, Vinicius etc where if they are interested we may pay higher. 

my reading is that the club don’t rate them as high as the elite level players so aren’t willing to pay those levels. 
 

I also think a lot of these YouTubers are quite dump or ignorant and peddling stupidity online.. we have always walked away when player valuations don’t meet our budget or we think ROI isn’t there.

 
There are a ton of reasons why Olise would go to Bayern. First of all it is Bayern Munich. One of cream of the crop clubs alongside with Real, Barca and City. They have Champions League football. They win almost every game. He has a natural spot in the side for him.

We are battling to be inside top 4. We have a new coach who is untested. We are just building a side to consistently be in top 4 and winning trophies. Our future looks more uncertain than Bayerns.

 
There are a ton of reasons why Olise would go to Bayern. First of all it is Bayern Munich. One of cream of the crop clubs alongside with Real, Barca and City. They have Champions League football. They win almost every game. He has a natural spot in the side for him.

We are battling to be inside top 4. We have a new coach who is untested. We are just building a side to consistently be in top 4 and winning trophies. Our future looks more uncertain than Bayerns.
Who wouldn't want to play with Harry Kane who managed to join Bayern in the season they have won f**k all  :laugh2:

 
Maybe Bayern have won f**k all because Kane brought his spursyness with him  :biggrin:
Smell.jpg


 
Is it just me that’s still hoping we still manage to sign him.  Theres still a chance Bayern negotiations break down.

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
Is it just me that’s still hoping we still manage to sign him.  Theres still a chance Bayern negotiations break down.
I think there is too much noise around wage structure for this to be a possibility. Plus I believe his own reps commented on the appeal of champions league. 

He’d have been a wonderful signing, but we have some great prospects coming in 2025 in Paez and Estevio. The league will be an adjustment but they look awesome. 

 
Back
Top