Michael Olise

Think he would have improved us immensely. We are still in a financial position to bid silly amounts on players who have played like 5 games or nobody has never heard of.

Our recruitment plan and team is a joke.
Palace, the agent and Olise all wanted massive money plus Olise preferred a move to Bayern, genuinely what do you want us to do? If this happened at the end of July or August then maybe I'd agree, but the window has been open about a week and the situation has been resolved.

 
Palace, the agent and Olise all wanted massive money plus Olise preferred a move to Bayern, genuinely what do you want us to do? If this happened at the end of July or August then maybe I'd agree, but the window has been open about a week and the situation has been resolved.
He a top player that’s ready now and it’s been widely reported he wanted to join us. If you want the best you have to pay for the best. We have no problem spending silly amounts of money on players from Brazil and Argentina but don’t want to pay a quality player that will help us improve now. 

We will end up paying 50m for someone like Summerville.
 

 
I think it's come down to us not wanting to meet the wage demands, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't spend stupid money on young gambles.

Olise is going right to the top, missing out on him will be a big miss.

 
I think it's come down to us not wanting to meet the wage demands, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't spend stupid money on young gambles.

Olise is going right to the top, missing out on him will be a big miss.
Bayern are very generous in their wage offerings. Sane and Gnabry are both on almost 300kpw so they probably offered Olise something very lucrative. 

220kpw according to German sources. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
He a top player that’s ready now and it’s been widely reported he wanted to join us. If you want the best you have to pay for the best. We have no problem spending silly amounts of money on players from Brazil and Argentina but don’t want to pay a quality player that will help us improve now. 

We will end up paying 50m for someone like Summerville.
 
 Hope its not Jimmy, he's just a 'small town boy' 🤣

 
He is a very talented player, and going to Germany is an attackers dream. He will likely look so so good there.

That said I am not disappointed we are not getting him, nor do I believe the briefs the club is putting out about him wanting 300k and the amounts not adding up. Took you guys months to figure that out?

With Palmer, Madueke, Angelo, Hutchinson and to come Paez and Estevao, we have lots of options.

Who knows, maybe Omari take this opportunity and has a brilliant year, maybe Madueke does.

Last time Olise did not come our way we got Palmer.

 
I think it's come down to us not wanting to meet the wage demands, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't spend stupid money on young gambles.

Olise is going right to the top, missing out on him will be a big miss.
Not really, Clearlake want salary structure to be as low as possible. The term that Boehly use is carrying cost. 

Boehly said something in this nature in one conference. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not heart broken .. we have Palmer madueke , Paes and Estevao and others. Don’t see the hype around him.

 
I think it's come down to us not wanting to meet the wage demands, I can't help but feel that it wouldn't be an issue if they didn't spend stupid money on young gambles.

Olise is going right to the top, missing out on him will be a big miss.
I think he would have chosen Bayern even if we did increase our wages to what Bayern were offering. I said before that personally, I feel if he wants to achieve his ambitions and improve to a world class level, he most likely achieves that at Bayern. They need younger attackers, they are the biggest team in Germany and will fight for trophies every season. Kane will be licking his lips, getting on those crosses from Olise. Makes sense. Palace probably offered him a similar amount, as Zaha was on around £200,000 a week and you would say Olise has more importance to Palace than Zaha did when you take in age and general ability. But he wanted out and think football was his primary decision. He should excel over there.

 
Olise is much better than Madueke and Paez and Estevao are kids. 
Hmm but in enzo system from what I have seen he plays with 3 attackers and 3 mids.. so I have nkunku sterling and palmer as my front 3 or nkunku palmer Jackson.. with madueke sterling and Mudryk as back up. I think this should be enough for top 4.. or maybe an additional left winger .

 
Hmm but in enzo system from what I have seen he plays with 3 attackers and 3 mids.. so I have nkunku sterling and palmer as my front 3 or nkunku palmer Jackson.. with madueke sterling and Mudryk as back up. I think this should be enough for top 4.. or maybe an additional left winger .
If all you want is to compete for top 4 then as long as we keep everyone and we get all the injured player back, top 4 is more than achievable but if we want more, olise is a clear upgrade over Madueke 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
If all you want is to compete for top 4 then as long as we keep everyone and we get all the injured player back, top 4 is more than achievable but if we want more, olise is a clear upgrade over Madueke 
I think this season top 4 and a good cup run will do for me… I don’t think we can make 25-30 points in a season.. the season after is where I would want us to challenge.. 

 
I think this season top 4 and a good cup run will do for me… I don’t think we can make 25-30 points in a season.. the season after is where I would want us to challenge.. 
Agree. 

However when you have a chance to snap a player as good as olise withreasonable fee, you need to consider it.

If he really demand 350k, then I pass but if it is just 200k and we say no, then it is a clear indication what we are trying to do as a team. 

 
Not sure if it’s so clearly about money as opposed to also being about signing for Chelsea isn’t all that attractive any more.

Still, we got Mudryk, so no need to sign any good wingers…..

 
Obviously I would have liked Olise here because he's a quality player, but seeing the over the top reaction by the Chelsea Twitter gimps has been tremendous. It's well and truly shown just what overgrown children they really are, I'm glad the reaction on here has overall been balanced and level headed.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Injury record not brilliant ,135 days 22/23 then 60 days 23/24 with our medical dept these injuries are life threatening 

 
Back
Top