Michael Olise

Apples and oranges comparison at this stage of Madueke's career.

A better compare is to Olise's first PL season, in which he managed 2 goals and 5 assists in 1138 minutes.

Noni this PL season had 5 goals and 2 assists in 1057 minutes (the 34 overall "games" is misleading as it implies he played a lot more minutes than he actually did).

Is Olise a better player right now ? Sure. But he's 25 with 3 seasons in the PL vs Noni at 22 with one. Olise has basically just had his break out season in terms of his stats, Played a lot in 22/23 PL season (2757 minutes from 31 starts and 6 sub appearances), and while he managed 11 assists, which is decent, there were only 2 goals to go with them ... 

All depends what we want really ... and most want Palmer at RW anyway LOL
Pretty sure they’re the same age

 
Olise is 22 years old.

Personally, I hope we can get this done as he is a quality player already with loads of qualities as others have mentioned.

I just hope we don’t mess around and start offering player swaps and bags of Doritos, just pay the money because if City decide to join the race they won’t mess about and will be a more attractive club unless he’s hell bent on staying in London.

 
Olise is 22 years old.

Personally, I hope we can get this done as he is a quality player already with loads of qualities as others have mentioned.

I just hope we don’t mess around and start offering player swaps and bags of Doritos, just pay the money because if City decide to join the race they won’t mess about and will be a more attractive club unless he’s hell bent on staying in London.
60 million for signing a physio table. 

 
Pretty sure they’re the same age
Oops ... LOL. No idea why I thought he was 25 🙂 

It does show the benefit of a few years of experience in the PL to progress your performance levels ... 

I guess we are flogging Noni if we actually end up signing Olise ... 

 
Now reading that the release clause only applies to clubs in the Champions League LOL.

Seeing as I also read somewhere that Olise doesn't even want to come here, I will be very impressed if W&S can get this one over the line !

 
Now reading that the release clause only applies to clubs in the Champions League LOL.

Seeing as I also read somewhere that Olise doesn't even want to come here, I will be very impressed if W&S can get this one over the line !
No, you read that an unnamed, unverified source suggests the CL club clause, all wrapped up in an already unverified Twatter post.

 
No, you read that an unnamed, unverified source suggests the CL club clause, all wrapped up in an already unverified Twatter post.
Hence the "LOL" perhaps ?

Thanks for being presumptuous enough to tell me what I read though.

 
I have a feeling we’ll drag our feet and United will sweep in to make a statement under new co-owner. Bit like the Caicedo one with Liverpool - hopefully we learned a lesson there 

 
I have a feeling we’ll drag our feet and United will sweep in to make a statement under new co-owner. Bit like the Caicedo one with Liverpool - hopefully we learned a lesson there 
United need to sell one or both of Greenwood & Sancho before they can enter into negotiations. 

 
I have a feeling we’ll drag our feet and United will sweep in to make a statement under new co-owner. Bit like the Caicedo one with Liverpool - hopefully we learned a lesson there 
Can see this as well, although to be honest I am pretty much okay either way. If we sign him great , but if we don't and its all been a ploy to drag others in, then that is fine too. If we do sign him he can't be the only option as i can see him only playing 25-30 games a season. Has never yet shown a consistent level of fitness over a season yet. I like the lad though. Madueke isn't as cultured and finished. But is he that far off. Not sure. For me its more attitude with Madueke that concerns me.

 
Hamstring is the issue. Also requires Palmer to move central and if Palmer does that then he will have to defend. Good test for the medical team see if they have benefitted from a years  experience in the premier league. 

 
Hamstring is the issue. Also requires Palmer to move central and if Palmer does that then he will have to defend. Good test for the medical team see if they have benefitted from a years  experience in the premier league. 
Hamstring certainly an issue. 

Will Palmer move central? We will see. Depe do on what system Maresca uses, could he play Olise central, he can play there, or perhaps on the left.

 
Ornstein just said we plan on paying the release clause. 
Might have something to do with being able to cancel out Durans fee by swapping them Maatsen, saving immediate funds so can just pay the clause and not lose a player that is not close to pure profit, like Noni or Casadei.

 
Isn't that the going rate these days?
Dont... 🙂 im fearful if we sign him but I think he will be a class act, but half the season out with a hammy, given our medical record the past few years... yikes, someone said the board were learning from past mistakes last week... Fofana is sadly a benchmark for injured transfers. 

 
Now reading that the release clause only applies to clubs in the Champions League LOL.

Seeing as I also read somewhere that Olise doesn't even want to come here, I will be very impressed if W&S can get this one over the line !
I dont know how a club can sign a player who doesnt want to play for them. Is there a gun under a table involved?

 
Chelsea are going super strong on Michael Olise and they really want to push on the player side and reach an agreement.

~ @FabrizioRomano pic.twitter.com/UHO1F8xQNI

 
Chelsea are going super strong on Michael Olise and they really want to push on the player side and reach an agreement.

~ @FabrizioRomano pic.twitter.com/UHO1F8xQNI
Not sure what going super strong actually means in a scenario like this. 

I mean are we thinking Let's make them an offer they can't refuse

images


or more. Go on, be best friends, honest.

973eeca6fd40cd5decfa42aff1f23b4a.jpg


Chelsea going all in for the player. Its either an email or a phone call isn't it. What else is there?

 
Back
Top