Morgan Rogers

Midfield is what I'm most concerned about.

As it stands, we only have 4 first team midfielders - one of whom does not want to be here and two of whom are sick notes, one in perpetuity.

5 goalkeepers, 12 defenders (9 centre backs), 4 midfielders, 11 forwards

I'm not including Denner and Satpaev in those numbers as they aren't shown on the club website. Ditto Disasi, Paez and Datro Fofana.
No Europe, as long as Enzo and Caicedo are healthy, we will be fine and James is probably a midfielder now.

I am honestly not sure what the team need. I am not entirely sure what Rogers is fixing.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Could Rosenior to Alonso make a similar difference?

200.gif


 
Could Rosenior to Alonso make a similar difference?

200.gif
Manager impact is usually not that big unless the previous manager is crazy (Amorim), lose the dressing room (Mou to Ole) or there is is a big shift in philosophy (Lamp to TT, it is hard to do this with this squad).

I have never been a fan of Maresca but he was fine.

 
Manager impact is usually not that big unless the previous manager is crazy (Amorim), lose the dressing room (Mou to Ole) or there is is a big shift in philosophy (Lamp to TT, it is hard to do this with this squad).

I have never been a fan of Maresca but he was fine.
Let's see how "fine" Man City are next season.

 
Manager impact is usually not that big unless the previous manager is crazy (Amorim), lose the dressing room (Mou to Ole) or there is is a big shift in philosophy (Lamp to TT, it is hard to do this with this squad).
I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with your comment, but in another thread it was said that Romero is a better centreback than Lacroix. And I was just thinking that given how highly rated Alonso is, surely judgement like that should be reserved until he has coached a player for a while. But maybe it actually makes no difference and managers/coaches don't actually do much to transform or improve players.

 
Manager impact is usually not that big unless the previous manager is crazy (Amorim), lose the dressing room (Mou to Ole) or there is is a big shift in philosophy (Lamp to TT, it is hard to do this with this squad).

I have never been a fan of Maresca but he was fine.
We were 5th when Maresca left.

 
I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with your comment, but in another thread it was said that Romero is a better centreback than Lacroix. And I was just thinking that given how highly rated Alonso is, surely judgement like that should be reserved until he has coached a player for a while. But maybe it actually makes no difference and managers/coaches don't actually do much to transform or improve players.
Actually manager matter more in term of improving player but it is not what most fans want it to be. Player improvement take months or years and it is not linear.

The key with manager is that the gap between them is not big whereas the gap between player is very big.

You give me pep, my expectation for this team doesn't change, you give me prime Messi, I expect us to contend next season.

That is why I am happy that we get Alonso because his leverkusen was interesting but I don't expect magic.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
When did fans suddenly have to justify the price of player transfers. I remember Man Utd breaking the British transfer record virtually every season even on defenders and teenagers, there was never any outrage or justification despite no other club able to get close. All of a sudden we have fans embarrassed by the fees and opposition fans guilt tripping you over the cost. I've given over caring, the prices have been ridiculous since the 90s. I remember Liverpool fans moaning about the money spent the season we bought both Lavia and Caicedo then blow £250 million and Isak and Wirtz a couple of years later. All of a sudden Man Utd fans up in arms about Rogers and Anderson fees they can all f**k off too. Name me a club thats not overspent on players and I'll show you a team thats won nowt.

You can bore off with amortisation and balancing the books. Buy me some exciting players and Im happy as long as we don't go bankrupt.

Good luck to Rogers, hopefully he can live up to expectations. At least he's guaranteed to be better than the Garnacho and Gittens 'deals' we've been trapped in and we won't instantly be looking for a replacement in a years time.
Some people just like to complain. The irony is that the same people complaining here are the same ones that complained we didn’t break bank for Xhaka

 
Lets grab a bargain! But why, its not our money, who cares what price any player is?

When we move quickly and pitch in with an attractive price we get our man, if we wait and ponder over the price ( like good old Arsenal😂) then we dont get the player. I was listening to Ian wright speaking in a very self righteous tone "oh no we will not pay over the odds" oh look Ian thats another player you have missed out on. And the "we ve had our pants pulled down" maybe Blue Co have, but does it matter we got our man?

I remember not so long ago when 10-15 million was a dangerous price you could pick up a lemon very easily. Now thats 40-50 million. Its not our money let Blue Co pay, they can wipe their arse on 50 million - let them.

It really breaks the hearts of other teams supporters when we "overspend" - Fcuk em!

I wouldnt be surprised if Arsenal piss about with Guimares for a while... then whine when we or someone else take him.😂

I was told he was very cheap at 60 million, not that cheap if you didnt get him. Good Old Arsenal.😂

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the announcement then if he did his medical yesterday?

 
You give me pep, my expectation for this team doesn't change, you give me prime Messi, I expect us to contend next season.
You give me Lego and i will tell you everyone is outstanding.

 
Lets grab a bargain! But why, its not our money, who cares what price any player is?

When we move quickly and pitch in with an attractive price we get our man, if we wait and ponder over the price ( like good old Arsenal😂) then we dont get the player. I was listening to Ian wright speaking in a very self righteous tone "oh no we will not pay over the odds" oh look Ian thats another player you have missed out on. And the "we ve had our pants pulled down" maybe Blue Co have, but does it matter we got our man?

I remember not so long ago when 10-15 million was a dangerous price you could pick up a lemon very easily. Now thats 40-50 million. Its not our money let Blue Co pay, they can wipe their arse on 50 million - let them.

It really breaks the hearts of other teams supporters when we "overspend" - Fcuk em!

I wouldnt be surprised if Arsenal piss about with Guimares for a while... then whine when we or someone else take him.😂

I was told he was very cheap at 60 million, not that cheap if you didnt get him. Good Old Arsenal.😂
But I was hoping to win the "not spent a lot bargain" trophy this year.

 
Where's the announcement then if he did his medical yesterday?
After the Kevin Keegan news yesterday Chelsea might just be waiting for a quieter moment to announce thier most expensive transfer ever.

 
Announcement video is in preproduction. Christopher Nolan is just polishing it off as we speak.
He'll be back in ten years (at the same age) after his shagging imprisonment.

 
He'll be back in ten years (at the same age) after his shagging imprisonment.
You've lost me. Is that a Nolan film plot?

Pretty sure it will be an inception knock off where in a dream within a dream we've signed Rogers but in reality we've bought Barry Ferguson. It will finish with a spinning football.

 
Official now

Welcome lad!

Morgan_Rogers_Chelsea_signing
Morgan Rogers signs for Chelsea!Chelsea is delighted to announce the signing of England international Morgan Rogers from Aston Villa.

The 23-year-old forward has signed a contract at Stamford Bridge until 2033 and will join Xabi Alonso's squad ahead of the 2026/27 season.

‘I'm so excited,’ said Rogers. ‘For me, Chelsea are the biggest club in London and a club I've always admired since I was a kid.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
/favicon.icoX (formerly Twitter)
Rs5HCXJ9tmkLZKGu.jpg
Chelsea FC (@ChelseaFC) on XHe chose Chelsea.

Cant wait to see him and Palmer in the same team.

 
Back
Top