btw my grandaughter (1yo this month) has the middle name Valerie after my mom. So everytime that tune comes on i think of them both, and i also think of you now![]()
Oh no, by all means, YOU carry onSorry to highjack the thread, you may carry on![]()
Original is better in my opinion, but then again, Fall Out Boy's never been my cup of tea anyway.Fall Out Boy- Beat it, originally Michael Jackson
Can you really consider it a cover? they only use the "When I was young..."part couple of times. The music and lyrics is in no way connected and it's really not done for the same crowd. One is played with sax and piano, the other on a mixing board.But 1st prize has to go to a German Euro/Dance group called Scooter and their absolutely appaling version of the Logical song .
I really need to change the forum rules - surely I should be allowed to ban someone for that!Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Guns n' Roses. Dylan was a great songwriter, but other people usually do his songs better than he does.
There are people who sing Dylan's songs more melodiously than he does, but nobody sings them better. Cover versions of Dylan's songs are like drinking whisky with lemonade - it may slip down more smoothly, but you don't get the fire. I'm listening to Infidels at the moment - Jokerman and Don't Fall Apart on me Tonight, to n ame but two.Knockin' on Heaven's Door by Guns n' Roses. Dylan was a great songwriter, but other people usually do his songs better than he does.
David Gray?Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - David Gray Vast improvement on the original.
Don't you "pah" me, you young whippersnapper! Say Hello Wave Goodbye was neither a Dylan nor a Pink Floyd song, as you seem to insinuate, but a Marc Almond one. I have to say, though that I find it hard to decide whether I prefer the David Gray or the Marc Almond.Dylan! pah. Almost as bad as Pink FloydSay Hello, Wave Goodbye - David Gray Vast improvement on the original.
I said that to my dad the other day and got a similar reaction! I just don't get Dylan's singing at all. The Byrds did Mr Tambourine Man better, Jimi Hendrix did All Along the Watchtower better. Great songwriter, but his singing is a very acquired taste (one which I haven't acquired yet!).I really need to change the forum rules - surely I should be allowed to ban someone for that!Dylan sings it as if he believes in the mesage, Axl Rose sings it as if he is having a medical instrument removed via his urethral opening.
It will grow on you.I said that to my dad the other day and got a similar reaction! I just don't get Dylan's singing at all. The Byrds did Mr Tambourine Man better, Jimi Hendrix did All Along the Watchtower better. Great songwriter, but his singing is a very acquired taste (one which I haven't acquired yet!).