Next Coach?

It does look like it’s happening with Alonso if Ben Jacob’s if saying it. He’s well sourced.

Liverpool should sack Slot but they won’t. Especially as he will likely get CL.

 
Xabi Alonso's Leverkusen was rock solid at the back. The last time I saw Chelsea with a competent backline was with Tuchel. Ever since BlueCo took over, our defence has been a total clownfest. And it still is to this day.

Hopefully Alonso brings back the good old days when Chelsea had a competent defence.

 
What sort style does Alonso play? Is he adaptable at all or one trick pony/philosophy manager?

 
Just tweeted from Fabrizo:

Chelsea have had a direct meeting with Xabi Alonso and final decision is expected very soon.

#CFC plan to announce their next manager before the World Cup, talks are accelerating.

Chelsea also spoke to Iraola, Glasner and Marco Silva as part of their list.

 
Preference is Alonso as I feel he will make us competitive again. A twisted part of me wants Iraola and his heavy metal brand of football. I am sick of the slow, sideways style of football we have been playing in recent years.

 
I think Alonso is coming to Chelsea regardless of what Liverpool do.

Liverpool want Enrique apparently as do Utd. I think one of them will get him after the UCL final.
Difficult given he is currently contracted till 2027. Plus there are negotiations to extend.

 
I'd be excited going into next season with Alonso as manager, provided we make some good moves in the transfer window. There's a long long loooong road ahead for the owners if they want to get the fans back on side, but the appointment of the best coach available is a start.

 
I prefer Iraola as he’s proven PL and got a team who sold their best player ever year into the top half.

I just get the feeling everyone is over estimating how good Alonso is.

However I will back him if he takes the job.

 
I prefer Iraola as he’s proven PL and got a team who sold their best player ever year into the top half.

I just get the feeling everyone is over estimating how good Alonso is.

However I will back him if he takes the job.
I am very excited by Alonso but that's a fair point

 
Judging by comments today among Chelsea fans, Alonso is the preferred one. If we end up with Silva, there’s going to be a lot of empty seats from STs.

 
In my opinion, Alonso is the best call but it has to come with a lot of signings and a lot of sales of surplus.

 
I just want to know who is BlueCo’s PowerPoint presenter because it would have helped me a lot in my youth. 😂

 
Looks like it's Shabby A.

HIdOjiUWsAAkBAg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top