No Cavani, No Lewandowski, then which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
£25m (is this really his buyout?) for Lewandowski compared to £50m+ for Cavani
Dortmund management are fools. When players like Hulk have a release clause of 85M pounds then it's laughable that Gotze's was 31M pounds.

 
Given the recent trend of strikers losing form after signing for CFC, I suggest Adam le Fondre. Wouldn't cost a fortune, should be a happy bench warmer and wouldn't be slagged off like Torres even if he played sh*t.    :biggrin:  

 
Given the recent trend of strikers losing form after signing for CFC, I suggest Adam le Fondre. Wouldn't cost a fortune, should be a happy bench warmer and wouldn't be slagged off like Torres even if he played sh*t. :biggrin:
Would stop him bloody scoring against us too.
 
We're not a stepping stone.
I wouldn't sell it as a stepping stone.  I would sell it as a business deal.  It offers Lewandowski a pay increase for next year, it gets Dortmund a transfer fee, it gets us insurance and time to get Lukaku ready and the only loser is that Bayern has to wait an extra year.  It also could get us a profit after a year or two.  Sounds silly but this is silly season! 

I wouldn't expect it to happen but it can't hurt to get creative when presented with the scenario in which Dortmund, Bayern and Lewandowski are currently involved.

 
Dortmund management are fools. When players like Hulk have a release clause of 85M pounds then it's laughable that Gotze's was 31M pounds.
Given the fact that his contract amounts to around 20,000 Euros per week, the buyout clause isn't all that outlandish.

When it was signed Lewandowski didn't have a smidgen of the profile he does nowadays, and it's hardly surprising that his agents have put the kibosh on any sort of improved deal/increased release clause as soon as his stock rose enough to make a move to Bayern plausible.

Dortmund's hands are tied, they couldn't have predicted his explosion to prominence.

As for Gotze, they probably should have anticipated a possible move from Bayern, but at that stage the thinking was that the player was committed to the club that had raised him and was only really looking for a move abroad at some stage down the line.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't sell it as a stepping stone.  I would sell it as a business deal.  It offers Lewandowski a pay increase for next year, it gets Dortmund a transfer fee, it gets us insurance and time to get Lukaku ready and the only loser is that Bayern has to wait an extra year.  It also could get us a profit after a year or two.  Sounds silly but this is silly season! 

I wouldn't expect it to happen but it can't hurt to get creative when presented with the scenario in which Dortmund, Bayern and Lewandowski are currently involved.
I would never want a player coming to Chelsea as an already determined  detour to his preferred destination.

 
Robben to Madrid.  Ronaldo left United.  Don't take business personally. 
I'm afraid I don't see your point or the relevance.

Did Robben or Ronaldo already have agreements to leave Chelsea and United respectively when signing for us/them??

 
I'm afraid I don't see your point or the relevance.

Did Robben or Ronaldo already have agreements to leave Chelsea and United respectively when signing for us/them??
It wouldn't be an agreement, where did I say agreement?  Not contractually anyway.  Ronaldo had been professing his love for Madrid since he first arrived in England.  His transfer was the worst kept secret in football at the time.  This sort of thing is commonplace.  

I'd have no issues with a few years of Lewandowski with the understanding that he wants to move on to Bayern or wherever at the end of his contract because it hugely benefits us.  We'd have the services of one of the best strikers in the world to cover us while Lukaku cements his place leading our line.  Where is the negative?  Hurt pride?  We don't have the same priorities here. 

 
I'd have no issues with a few years of Lewandowski with the understanding that he wants to move on to Bayern or wherever at the end of his contract because it hugely benefits us.  We'd have the services of one of the best strikers in the world to cover us while Lukaku cements his place leading our line.  Where is the negative?  Hurt pride?  We don't have the same priorities here. 
I wouldn't have an issue with this ^ either.  Works for us and would be acceptable to at least some of the parties involved.

 
i'm with davey baby entirely in my bitterness that we won't see sturridge under mourinho, but whatever

my preference for our starting no. 9 next season is lewandowski, cavani, lukaku in that order (fit ibra in there if he has some weird desire to join us)

lewandowski would be the perfect foil for hazard mata and oscar, without pussying out of challenging for the half chances a la torres, but he seems set on munich

cavani would almost guarantee us goals, but seems set on madrid

no complaints really, both clubs are far bigger than us and more competitive at the moment

finding a back up signing is an awful idea though imo, if we miss out on these two there shouldn't be a last-minute panic to bring in someone else, especially someone garbage with a big reputation like mario gomez (may sound ridiculous but i really don't care about his strike rate)

torres is going nowhere, ba will be better this coming season, and we have a potential gem in lukaku - they're all competing for one position with more mature editions of our three outstanding playmakers behind them, i would rather trust them than spend out of desperation

also, re: earlier discussion on lukaku handling pressure, based on interviews he may be the most level-headed and determined young player i've ever heard speak, size aside it's no wonder he made such an early impression at anderlecht, obviously has very intelligent people advising him (dad is a former pro i think)

 
We seriously need to discover the next 20-22 yr old Shechenko, Batistuta, Romario, Vialli, to mention some of the best, even the 21 yr old shearer, they are out there, we just need to unearth the uncut diamond, and hope he becomes the talents they were..

 
We seriously need to discover the next 20-22 yr old Shechenko, Batistuta, Romario, Vialli, to mention some of the best, even the 21 yr old shearer, they are out there, we just need to unearth the uncut diamond, and hope he becomes the talents they were..
You're right. Let's sell Lukaku.

 
I don't know where all of the complaints from Torress comes from. I know whenever I play FIFA 12/13 the dude scores for CFC :Troll_Face:

I know it's just a game

 
  We could even promise to let him go to Bayern a few years down the line 

It wouldn't be an agreement, where did I say agreement?  
Sorry, a pinky promise you said. I'm sure Lewandowski will happily tie himself contractually to us for 5 years based on that.

If he's so set on Bayern, he knows he can force through the move or worst case scenario stay put and be there in 12 months without the hassle of needing to move to another country to achieve it.

 
Bony from Vitesse? You just don't know with these strikers from the dutch league though. For every Van Nistelrooy there's Afonso Alves.

 
It wouldn't be an agreement, where did I say agreement? Not contractually anyway. Ronaldo had been professing his love for Madrid since he first arrived in England. His transfer was the worst kept secret in football at the time. This sort of thing is commonplace.

I'd have no issues with a few years of Lewandowski with the understanding that he wants to move on to Bayern or wherever at the end of his contract because it hugely benefits us. We'd have the services of one of the best strikers in the world to cover us while Lukaku cements his place leading our line. Where is the negative? Hurt pride? We don't have the same priorities here.
ronaldo was at united 5/6 seasons. when he signed as an 18yr old there was no talk of him going on to play for madrid, as he was just an uproven teenager. The madrid talk started after he had been at the club 4 seasons, at the end of which, he won champions league and ballon d'or, and agreed to join madrid at the end of the following season.

this is not even close to the lewandowski situation.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where all of the complaints from Torress comes from. I know whenever I play FIFA 12/13 the dude scores for CFC :Troll_Face: I know it's just a game
Hes so overrated on Fifa, his overall should actually be a 79 if im honest instead of an 82.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top