WhiteWall
Legend
- Messages
- 12,150
- Reaction score
- 11,959
I agree.Yep. After he won the world cup, I would have taken him, but after last season, nope. Martinez produces more quality performances than Sanchez, but ask any Villa fan and they will tell you he has been making way too many stupid errors of late.
If it were me i would be going for someone like Oblak and seeing if Sanchez could go the other way. I know that they want to maximise the amortisation game but if these current deals get over the line they are well in the gravy, so a swap plus cash deal (net amortised) can still work.
At lot of this i think is perception. Neville and Carragher sit there gagging for Sanchez to make another fck up. Just taking that noise away form that area will stabilise the defence. Oblak offers top level goalkeeper (still with some flaws granted) and is at an age that will mentor Penders and not block him, if Penders is all that he is being cracked up to be.