Robert Sanchez joins Chelsea

Fabrizo Bomba!

Chelsea are in negotiations with Emiliano ‘Dibu’ Martínez camp over possible late move.

The Argentinian goalkeeper has been offered to #CFC  as Suzuki will be the starting GK at Villa, as @David_Ornstein reports.

Talks ongoing; Chelsea considering this option. Dibu, keen.

 
I agree.

If it were me i would be going for someone like Oblak and seeing if Sanchez could go the other way. I know that they want to maximise the amortisation game but if these current deals get over the line they are well in the gravy, so a swap plus cash deal (net amortised) can still work.

At lot of this i think is perception. Neville and Carragher sit there gagging for Sanchez to make another fck up. Just taking that noise away form that area will stabilise the defence. Oblak offers top level goalkeeper (still with some flaws granted) and is at an age that will mentor Penders and not block him, if Penders is all that he is being cracked up to be.
I know we can't treat him like he's the next TC but imho the club should fast track Penders or loan him to the Serie A or La Liga. Spending a year behind Sanchez would just breed discontent when he could just ring up TC for guidance.

 
I know we can't treat him like he's the next TC but imho the club should fast track Penders or loan him to the Serie A or La Liga. Spending a year behind Sanchez would just breed discontent when he could just ring up TC for guidance.
If he's ready, Alonso will play him.

If Alonso keeps starting Sanchez then he thinks Penders isn't ready and that Sanchez, for all his faults, is still the best option at the club.

All will become apparent in the first 6 games or so (or even sooner if we sign a keeper before the end of this window!)

 
Assuming we sign Martinez, where does Sanchez go? Can’t send him to Strasbourg.

 
This all stems from missing the chance to sign Mamardashville and getting Filip f**king Jorgensen instead.

Sanchez wouldn’t even be a conversation right now if we’d just done some proper business.

As it stands. We aren’t signing anyone. It’s not is Penders better, more can he be any worse?
It all stems from not paying Roma £50m for Alison years ago - and then spunking £70m on Kepa.

 
If he's ready, Alonso will play him.

If Alonso keeps starting Sanchez then he thinks Penders isn't ready and that Sanchez, for all his faults, is still the best option at the club.

All will become apparent in the first 6 games or so (or even sooner if we sign a keeper before the end of this window!)
Importantly If Penders genuinely believes he is ready he won't be backward in letting his thoughts known. He is Belgian.

 
Fabrizo Bomba!

Chelsea are in negotiations with Emiliano ‘Dibu’ Martínez camp over possible late move.

The Argentinian goalkeeper has been offered to #CFC  as Suzuki will be the starting GK at Villa, as @David_Ornstein reports.

Talks ongoing; Chelsea considering this option. Dibu, keen.
Not buying this. He was Juve bound for £7m before Aston Villa hiked the price to £10m. They are now stuck with Suzuki and Martinez, and need to shift him somewhere. Very convenient and an easy link to us with Sanchez’s performance. Only issue is it’s too late to either sell Sanchez/Penders, or find a team that will loan Penders and play him.

 
Assuming we sign Martinez, where does Sanchez go? Can’t send him to Strasbourg.
He'll be 3rd choice until a Championship team takes him for a nominal fee.

He was employed to perform at a certain level and has consistently fallen well short of that level. As far as I'm concerned for the remainder of his contract he can sit in a room staring into a mirror at his own gormless reflection whilst he contemplates his disastrous performances.

What we need to concern ourselves with is employing a competent goalkeeper - not worrying about what this guy is up to.

 
While Martinez at 33 would definitely be an upgrade over Sanchez (at any age), I can't help but feel Villa already got the best out of him.

 
While Martinez at 33 would definitely be an upgrade over Sanchez (at any age), I can't help but feel Villa already got the best out of him.
Yep. As much as I would like to see anyone in goal rather than Sanchez, I don't think Martinez is the answer.

 
While Martinez at 33 would definitely be an upgrade over Sanchez (at any age), I can't help but feel Villa already got the best out of him.
I think you could be right on this. Two years ago I would have taken Martinez in a heartbeat, but now I'm not so sure. That said, we cannot continue with Sanchez.

Hopefully Pendo shows us what he can do tonight.

 
I think you could be right on this. Two years ago I would have taken Martinez in a heartbeat, but now I'm not so sure. That said, we cannot continue with Sanchez.

Hopefully Pendo shows us what he can do tonight.
You'd hope he wouldn't be particularly busy against Luton at home

 
Here we go .. must he curse by his luck to let that strike through.. hopefully enzo Martinez is an improved.

 
It's good to have competition anyway, top level athletes should never be allowed to be complacent

 
Back
Top