SPECTRE

Costa could please the media stereotypists and be a baddy. Eva could be Footi Galore.
Costa reminds me of Franz Sanchez (the lead villain of Licence to Kill) played by Robert Davi :laugh2:

 
Nice little teaser of a pic in today's Times.

And many more in Mail online.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly looking forward to it.  Agree that Moore was incredibly camp and perma-tanned.  Connery is the quintessential bond, despite the scripts back then having him kind of force himself onto women.  I actually like Daniel Craig, I think he's maybe too broody for some, and I agree that Dalton never really got a fair whack.

I don't think Brosnan was a terrible Bond, he was just in some terrible terrible bond movies.

Also, Never say Never (with Mr Bean) is that even considered an actual bond?

Finally, Live and Let Die was borderline blacksploitation, and I think it's a terrible film.

 
Certainly looking forward to it.  Agree that Moore was incredibly camp and perma-tanned.  Connery is the quintessential bond, despite the scripts back then having him kind of force himself onto women.  I actually like Daniel Craig, I think he's maybe too broody for some, and I agree that Dalton never really got a fair whack.

I don't think Brosnan was a terrible Bond, he was just in some terrible terrible bond movies.

Also, Never say Never (with Mr Bean) is that even considered an actual bond?

Finally, Live and Let Die was borderline blacksploitation, and I think it's a terrible film.
Moore was only perma-tanned in his last film, A View to a Kill, where he was pushing 60. Dreadful film for the most part. But as Bond overall I actually quite like him.

Agree about Connery, the scene in Goldfinger where he borderline rapes Pussy Galore (he is pushing himself upon her physically, and she is trying to push him off) in that barn is difficult to watch, even now.

Daniel Craig is an excellent Bond. His portrayal is close to Dalton (who I thought was a terrific Bond, just didn't get a chance to continue due to the copyright/legal issues that put the series on hiatus for 6 years) and Fleming's literary 007.

Brosnan was very good, but as you said, just terrible Bond movies - TWINE and DAD.

NSNA is not considered an official Bond film. It was a remake of Thunderball and directed by Kevin McCory. But I actually like it: *Woman splashes water over Bond* :

Woman: "Oh how reckless of me, I made you all wet."

Bond: "Yes, but my Martini is still dry"

Live and Let Die is a great Bond film! The whole voodoo storyline, crocodile farm/Baron Samedi antics are all great fun! And it has one of the best, if not the best Bond theme music!

Spectre is shaping up well so far, by the looks of things. They've definitely taken inspiration from On her Majesty's Secret Service, especially in terms of visuals.

FIRST-LOOK_post.jpg


</rant>

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moore was only perma-tanned in his last film, A View to a Kill, where he was pushing 60. Dreadful film for the most part. But as Bond overall I actually quite like him.

Agree about Connery, the scene in Goldfinger where he borderline rapes Pussy Galore (he is pushing himself upon her physically, and she is trying to push him off) in that barn is difficult to watch, even now.

Daniel Craig is an excellent Bond. His portrayal is close to Dalton (who I thought was a terrific Bond, just didn't get a chance to continue due to the copyright/legal issues that put the series on hiatus for 6 years) and Fleming's literary 007.

Brosnan was very good, but as you said, just terrible Bond movies - TWINE and DAD.

NSNA is not considered an official Bond film. It was a remake of Thunderball and directed by Kevin McCory. But I actually like it: *Woman splashes water over Bond* :

Woman: "Oh how reckless of me, I made you all wet."

Bond: "Yes, but my Martini is still dry"

Live and Let Die is a great Bond film! The whole voodoo storyline, crocodile farm/Baron Samedi antics are all great fun! And it has one of the best, if not the best Bond theme music!

Spectre is shaping up well so far, by the looks of things. They've definitely taken inspiration from On her Majesty's Secret Service, especially in terms of visuals.

FIRST-LOOK_post.jpg


</rant>
Yeah the scene with Pussy Galore is very hard to watch, and then there's the part in Thunderball where he forces himself on to the female physical therapist.  And then there's the whole You Only Live Twice, where it's acceptable for him to say things like "Chinese Girls taste different from others" and  spends half of the later part of the movie dressed as a fake Japanese native.

Seems like there's a general consensus that Dalton was given a rather bum deal, which is a shame.  Brosnan had to carry some terrible scripts, and bond girls (Berry wasn't good, and then there is the debacle of Denise Richards).

I guess I just never got on board with Live and Let Die, and just because it has a great theme song doesn't hide, for me, the fact that it really was about one step away from a Dolemite cameo.  And then the ending was piss poor too, and the stereotypical Southern, inbred, policeman calling everyone boy.  I'm sure I am probably in the minority here, but I've just never fully enjoyed it as much as maybe I should.

Anyway, Craig is doing a great job; can't believe people were mad at a blonde male paying the lead.  His movies have been far more gritty (the scene where he has to kill his first victim by hand to get his license to kill), and I'm looking forward to SPECTRE

 
Spectre's teaser poster has been released!

spectre-007-teaser-poster_jpg_1003x0_crop_q85.jpg


I'm loving the black turtleneck, reminds me of Moore in LALD:

xl_james_bond_archives_08_a_l.jpg


 
Newer Bonds have paid lots of fan service to the previous films but in 20 years time will they have given us some new memorable moments?

 
So excited, must've seen the trailer about thirty times already!


It's got the potential to be the greatest Bond film ever! Bond 25 will follow on from Spectre so we won't have to wait too long for that, perhaps two years, I'm guessing late 2017 sometime. By the time Daniel Craig hangs up his boots we could be two times European champions, nine times FA Cup winners and one or two more premier league titles!

 
Back
Top