STAR WARS - Possible Spoilers

Highlight the text you want to hide and then choose "Spoiler" from the Special BBCode drop down menu. It's the button on the left side of the font drop down menu. There are two Spoiler options available and I think the correct one is the first of the two.

OK thanks

When I was talking about having the force to be able to use the lightsaber I was talking more about Fin.  He just picked it up and started fighting a Sith Apprentice in Kylo Ren like it was nothing
 
I think so too although I still think she may actually be Luke's daughter.
That's what I think... Fathers tend to be a Star Wars theme. I love BB8 too. Decent film, I'm not sure what people expected but with the old cast returning it was always going to be a semi homage to the original. I got what I expected and would be quite surprised if anyone was expecting something different/original. Maybe I'm a cynic.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
i think there must be something wrong with me as i think star wars is one of the most over rated set of movies ever, ok but that is all

 
i think there must be something wrong with me as i think star wars is one of the most over rated set of movies ever, ok but that is all
I'd say it's either Nolan's Batman trilogy or Kill Bill, but that's just me. Basically because currently most people think half of the Star Wars are crap and the three good ones from the '70s and '80s were ruined by George Lucas' tinkering in the '90s and '00s.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
i think there must be something wrong with me as i think star wars is one of the most over rated set of movies ever, ok but that is all
I'm in the same boat as you.

I've never understood why people thought they were great films! I thought it was complete garbage when I saw it at the cinemas and I even fell asleep inside the cinema during the release of The Phantom Menace.

I respect the fact that people love these films but they're not my cup of tea.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Was ok, obviously a setup for the 8th episode! Loved the way they introduced the Millennium Falcon! Very clever.

Was it me or did CP30 look completely different?

 
Saw this movie a few days ago. I thought it was okay but a bit cheesy and 'american' at times, if you get my drift.

Kylo Ren is a poor character to me. If I'm watching good vs evil then the bad guys have got to strike some sort of fear, Kylo came across more of a spilt kid who can't get his way rather than a terrifying opponent.

 
Finally saw Star Wars today, I loved it. A million times better than the prequels (which i didn't hate- I actually quite like Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith) . I was just gripped throughout. I loved Fin and Rey, and BB-8.

The action was excellent and Harrison Ford surprised me, I thought he would just phone it in as Hans Solo but I think he and Leila were perfect.

My only gripe is that "supreme leader", who looked more like out of the Lord of the Rings universe than Star Wars. He just looks awful. And who is he? Horsesh*t. I'll add that Kylo Ren was a bit of a stroppy school-boy.

Other than that, I thought it was a more than satisfying space-romp. I have not read any of the comments in this thread for fear of spoilers, so I've just posted this here without reading other people's opinions.

I'll add that I am not a Star Wars fan at all (my vice is James Bond) but I think this film would thrill any neutral.

Well done JJ Abrams!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Finally saw Star Wars today, I loved it. A million times better than the prequels (which i didn't hate- I actually quite like Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith) . I was just gripped throughout. I loved Fin and Rey, and BB-8.

The action was excellent and Harrison Ford surprised me, I thought he would just phone it in as Hans Solo but I think he and Leila were perfect.

My only gripe is that "supreme leader", who looked more like out of the Lord of the Rings universe than Star Wars. He just looks awful. And who is he? Horsesh*t. I'll add that Kylo Ren was a bit of a stroppy school-boy.

Other than that, I thought it was a more than satisfying space-romp. I have not read any of the comments in this thread for fear of spoilers, so I've just posted this here without reading other people's opinions.

I'll add that I am not a Star Wars fan at all (my vice is James Bond) but I think this film would thrill any neutral.

Well done JJ Abrams!

I actually quite like the fact that Kylo Ren is such a strop, it shows him battling with his internal demons, and the conflict of living up to the Dark Side of Vader.  

I'm also perplexed that people expected Leia to come back on to the screen in her 1970's body, and not her "woman in her 70's" body.  But that a conversation more for another thread about the  decay of society..... maybe we're all falling into the trap of the dark side.

 
just saw the movie in 3D - freakin' awesome - The First Order seems to be more ruthless than the Evil Empire - can't wait for Episode VIII to be released next year - btw did you peeps realized that Harrison Ford broke his leg during the shooting of this film - they had to do some crazy stuff just so they could shoot the scenes

 
Finally got to see it today having avoided all plots and reviews...didn't realise that to give franchise a reboot, they just recycled the same plots from the originals...and the actress that played rey was terrible...best thing about it was Harrison ford managing to still bring a lot of entertainment as Han Solo

 
Last edited by a moderator:
As a huge Star Wars fan I thought it was the worst of all VII and a shameful ripoff of A New Hope. Acting was good but Kylo Ren is the biggest let down in cinema history and looked less threatening than our attack this season. Really disappointed.
Wouldn't go that far...the first two prequels stunk more than Cuadrado's chelsea career...jar jar binks alone brings back nightmares

 
Finally got to see it today having avoided all plots and reviews...didn't realise that to give franchise a reboot, they just recycled the same plots from the originals...and the actress that played rey was terrible...best thing about it was Harrison ford managing to still bring a lot of entertainment as Han Solo
Agreed.

I found it to be just a recycled upgraded version of "A New Hope".

If it weren't for nostalgia I doubt I'd have been that impressed with it.

 
I'm disappointed Force Awakens didn't get an Oscar nomination for best adapted screenplay.

 
Back
Top