The Cricket Thread

I have no problem with aggressive cricket but things like "Get ready for a broken f**king arm" and the sh*t that went on during the India series were painful to watch.
More gracious comments complimenting Oz cricket for getting to another ICC Final. Thank you.

 
That's alright. It's hard to like the Aussie fanbase after the hilarious Stuart Broad fiasco. The irony was clearly lost on those who booed with Aussies being infamous for not walking, including numerous times during the 2013 series.

Captain Leader Legend 


 
Really lost my rag with Cook after he was saying they made a mistake not picking him for the world cup. 

I'd swap him for KP in a heartbeat.

Colin Graves should be congratulated for bringing some common sense to the party. English cricket has no chance until Downton and Whitaker are axed though.
It still annoys me how KP was the made the scapegoat for the debacle that was the ashes series last time out...clearly his departure helped protect a lot of hides, from within the team and in corridors of power..,can't think of another nation that would play a World Cup with their best player, even if prone to inconsistency and stupid shot making, sitting in a commentary box...our batting line up in ine day cricket was all a much of a muchness...our opponents weren't scared of it...only dynamic thing about it was if buttler got going and he usually came in too late, when damage was done...not sure KP will get back, but at least the door is ajar

 
just you & m8 - won't want to lose another wicket will they? Look rattled.

 
It still annoys me how KP was the made the scapegoat for the debacle that was the ashes series last time out...clearly his departure helped protect a lot of hides, from within the team and in corridors of power..,can't think of another nation that would play a World Cup with their best player, even if prone to inconsistency and stupid shot making, sitting in a commentary box...our batting line up in ine day cricket was all a much of a muchness...our opponents weren't scared of it...only dynamic thing about it was if buttler got going and he usually came in too late, when damage was done...not sure KP will get back, but at least the door is ajar
Yeah - I can understand why he was dropped at test level but I don't understand why yourlot thought that he should be banished altogether. Especially in circumstances where he was/is always a danger in ODIs & where yourlot reaaaalllyy wanted to win a WC & made it the No 1 objective. Add to this the over-estimation made concerning the worth of some of your ODI batsmen & ageing bowlers, the KP banishment has, of course, come more into focus. The reality is though - he will always be a danger in this format - you only have to look at his worth in the Indian Premier League or whatever it's called. The sums paid for batsmen in that comp. are usually a pretty good reflection of their worth.

 
I should add - I've enjoyed listening to KP's commentary during this WC. He's the sort of bloke who would very easy to have a beer with.

 
Notice Maxwell has finally had a shave! What a talent he is - really pushing now for test selection & I think he deserves it. And, of course, a lovely story: his Dad, Jim Maxwell, has been the voice of radio cricket (ABC) down here for 25 odd years - universally loved by all down here as a commentator. What a pleasure for his Dad it must be to watch his son's career hitting the heights. And as I type this it looks like he has another.

 
mmmm...Brit off to bed I expect with a hope of a miracle when he wakes up.

 
^ I have to say that it disappoints me somewhat that none of you are watching the Final: after-all, I know that most of you, deep down, love Oz cricket.

 
I'm flicking in and out you lots...at least nz put on a bit of a partnership but run rate is still low

 
Just as nz get themselves back into it, two wickets in three balls...and at start of power play too

 
Nz doing great impression of English batsmen - pretty pathetic display...Aussies bowling well but ball is not exactly moving all over the place

 
I think we've bowled very well generally. thought Elliott batted very well but of course you can't do it all on your own.

 
I'm sure Aussies won't care, but we have been given a final that sums up the tournament for me...yet another one-sided game...not helped by England being crap but I have found this World Cup a big disappointment overall...hardly any exciting games at all

 
Back
Top