Torres to Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, with no adequate cover? Until or if we buy a striker, we shouldn't be considering selling him on.

 
Valencia are broke. If the interest is genuine, they could still never come up with acceptable terms either in fee or wages.

 
Valencia are broke. If the interest is genuine, they could still never come up with acceptable terms either in fee or wages.
That's why I think this is bullsh*t. They will obviously have some spending money from selling Soldado, but Torres' wages are astronomical. He'd be an idiot to take the sort of paycut necessary to move there.

 
Somethings are too good to be true. I wont get my hopes up.

 
I would sell him regardless of cover. In fact I'd drive him to the airport.

Edit: However I feel his ego wouldn't allow him to go to Valencia, even if we sweetened the deal, to compensate for the shortfall in wages.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows. He will want to play next year so he will be picked for the world cup. Still cant see it happening tho.

 
Just face it folks he is here to stay! There is a different rumour every single week about a different club. He isn't going to valencia he isn't going to napoli and he isn't going to barca. Especially when we only have 2 strikers and one of them is a youngster.

 
If we sign Rooney then there is room for one to leave.

 
Another one in the can for Tandoori Paneeri.

But sadly, the football club that owns this will never be able to make this dream happen:

Nou+Mestalla+stadium+Valencia+LOT6-T75ccMl.jpg


I would sell him regardless of cover. In fact I'd drive him to the airport.

Edit: However I feel his ego wouldn't allow him to go to Valencia, even if we sweetened the deal, to compensate for the shortfall in wages.
Ahh yes, his legendary ego. The one that....ummm....made him want to take a penalty in Munich?

If he had a genuine ego, he probably would have pushed for a way out long ago, considering his career in London has been utter professional humiliation and has seen him go from a star to a worldwide joke. In fact, if there were realistic exit strategies he turned down, you'd be more accurate criticizing him for his greedo than for his ego.

But, thankfully, there are plenty of chances to slag him off for lack of ability, rather than clutching at straws like lack of humility or professionalism.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Only way I see him going is a loan move which the club only sanction were we to sign Rooney or another striker should Torres wish to leave rather than fight for a place in the team.

Right now, the Rooney deal is up in the air so I buy into no rumour about any of our current strikers. 

 
Can't see him going, even if we get Rooney.

Think Ba will be the one making way to be fair if we had to sell.

 
Can't see him going, even if we get Rooney.

Think Ba will be the one making way to be fair if we had to sell.
I think Ba would be more content being 2nd/3rd choice so could see him staying.

Torres might seek to engineer a move, even if just a years loan, to ensure regular football because it's a World Cup season... Especially with Negredo, Soldado and Llorente all moving to new clubs this season. 

 
Ahh yes, his legendary ego. The one that....ummm....made him want to take a penalty in Munich?

If he had a genuine ego, he probably would have pushed for a way out long ago, considering his career in London has been utter professional humiliation and has seen him go from a star to a worldwide joke. In fact, if there were realistic exit strategies he turned down, you'd be more accurate criticizing him for his greedo than for his ego.

But, thankfully, there are plenty of chances to slag him off for lack of ability, rather than clutching at straws like lack of humility or professionalism.
Sorry mate we'll have to agree to disagree.

Torres is playing for a top club with a worldwide profile. I don't think his ego would allow him to step down because that would be an admission on his part, that he no longer warrants a place at such a club.

I saw his ego at work under RDM. I saw it about three times when he was substituted, even though he was playing sh*t. I saw it in Munich before the penalties. It's not clutching at straws it's saying it as I see it. I've seen it in interviews he's given. It would be forgivable if he could play, but he can't. I forgive Jose's ego because he's a damn fine manager.

Some may not see it as ego. I do.

Torres to Valencia is a pipedream IMO, because even if the clubs agreed, Torres wouldn't move. He would be a replacement for Soldado and he would have to restore his reputation with an inferior side. In short, it would be all on him. He's way too much of a preening peacock for that, IMO. He wants to be cosseted.

Edit: I think Jose would get rid in a heartbeat .. If he could.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know when he is out of contract? I would guess in another 3 years?

 
Yeah i'm fine with him staying although a part of me wants him to move on for his own sake more than anything.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top