Auchinleck Talbot / Chelsea link?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Auchinleck Talbot are a Scottish non league side, and probably the most successful in the history of their grade. I help out with the matchday programme, and was asked today at our game vs Clydebank whether I could help out with the query below. If anyone could shine a light on this it would be great. As a club, we have no record of the player going to Chelsea in the 1960's, and I've checked through my copy of the Breedon's Complete Record of Chelsea and there's no mention of him. That doesn't mean of course that he may not have played for the Combination side, but we usually keep fairly detailed records of our players who "stepped up" senior.

Hi Henry

Sorry to trouble you but was wondering if you could help me or point me in the direction of someone who could help me put together a small pen picture of an ex Talbot player from many years ago?

I have had trouble accessing any websites about the Talbot so thought if i emailed you that you could help.

My stepmothers partner used to play for Talbot not sure of exact date - his name is Jim White and he is in his 70's and had memory loss and he talks about when he played for Talbot before moving to Chelsea - based on his age I would think he played for Talbot in the early 60's - he is currently getting treatment for cancer and I would love to put together a wee pen picture for Jims christmas and a photo would be brilliant - I often talk to Jim about his time with Talbot which he remembers fondly and it actually helps his recovery process.

I would be grateful for anything at all you could provide me with

Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Colin