Top 10 Football Clubs With Most Champions League Titles

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Top 10 Football Clubs With Most Champions League Titles

The UEFA Champions League is an annual football cup competition organized by the Union of Europe. It was first held for the 1955-56 season. The competition was called the European Cup or European Champions' Cup (officially European Champion Clubs' Cup) until 1992.

Real Madrid hold the record for the most Champions League trophies, having won the competition 13 times, including the inaugural competition in 1956.

A total of 22 clubs have won the tournament since its inauguration in 1955, with Real Madrid being the only team to win it thirteen times, including the first five competitions. Only two other clubs (Milan and Bayern Munich) have reached ten-plus finals.

A total of 12 clubs have won the tournament several times, including Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Liverpool, Ajax, Barcelona, Inter Milan, Manchester United, Benfica, Nottingham Forest, Juventus, and Porto.

Clubs from ten countries have been the tournament champions. Spanish clubs have been the most successful, winning a total of 18 titles.

England is second with 13 and Italy is third with 12, while the other multiple-time winners are Germany with seven, Netherlands with six, and Portugal with four.

The only other countries to provide a tournament winner are Scotland, Romania, Yugoslavia, and France. Greece, Belgium, and Sweden have all provided losing finalists.

Reaching the final of the Champions League is an astonishing achievement, something only 39 clubs have ever done. Only 22 have ever won the tournament.

Read on to find out which clubs have the most Champions League final win

• 2 months later...

Thank you for sharing this interesting article! I am not surprised of the teams included as they are true world-famous champions that we all have heard of at least once in our lives. And for real fans, we truly admire them and their professional accomplishments. As one of my most entertaining hobbies is to make sport predictions of the chances of teams to win a match, I am informed about all characteristics and development of them through the years. Every morning I spend hours reading blogs similar to topratedonlinebookmakers.com with lots of useful strategies and tips. The most difficult for me was to do the mathematics but there is a great calculator that saves me much time. Another source I use are videos with news which are quite helpful as well. If you know well the reputation of each team, it will be much easier to guess their win and to save some troubles if you are wrong.

Edited by Soper1965