Lampard?s priceless quality ? Martin Samuel

Kenn

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 246555.ece

A good piece on Lamps by Mr Samuel, though a less generous view would say he?s just a Hammer trying to ingratiate himself to an unforgiving ex-love. Nonetheless, it?s my pleasure to inform Mr Samuel that neither Frank nor his present employers intend to wave each other goodbyes come next summer, even though at the time, the player would be at the ripe old age of 30 (and we all know where even the most fairy-tale of careers are usually headed at that point).

He?s repeated again and again and again he wants to stay and the club have repeated again and again and again they want to keep him. Why haven?t they cut a deal yet? Well, he still has about two years on his contract and there is no rush, especially where the trust has been established between player, club and fans. Football contract talks are no cakewalks and Chelsea Football Club and Lampard will take their time to reach a mutually beneficial agreement. What matters is that at the end of the day, both parties find the will to sign it. Yes, they are only in discussions, not at war, Mr Samuel. Of course, the ?big news? is that he?s called off contract talks with the club for now, but that is because he wants to concentrate on what he does best ? his football. Surely, we all can understand that.

Again, I say good piece, but Mr Samuel should not run ahead of himself.

Archived