Bobbywoodhogan
Legend
- Messages
- 23,453
- Reaction score
- 2,439
Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.Great to see you back bobby.
I think my favourite time on the old forum was the week when Roman arrived, it was insane with all the rumours, no one really believed it would happen. Then when it did happen and the next set of insane rumours started showing up about who we were signing.
There wasn't really rumours about roman but there were some about others buying us, Bernice eccleston had a group I think. If I remember rightly it was pretty much the day before he bought us when the rumours of a Russian billionaire came out of nowhere. The day he bought us I spent on the forum pretty much ha ha.Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.
It was a big shock to see Bates go more than Roman come in, Bates had been here for a generation and more, it was a sad feeling really. But then the penny dropped with Roman and we all became very excited.Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.
That was a seminal moment for me too in realizing we meant business and to think now that happened under Ranieri. ?My first memorable time on this forum was when Bridge scored against Arsenal, i was straight on here, it ignited the place, that was probably the one game that did more for this forum than any other, then when Roman came aboard it turbo boosted the forum even more. Since 2012 the biggest change has been the increasing overseas membership, bringing a more international demographic, which definitely has its up and downs.
Hers a great story and explains what a turning point this game really was for Chelsea.That was a seminal moment for me too in realizing we meant business and to think now that happened under Ranieri. ?
Nice and interesting read, not sure about the Dad though.Hers a great story and explains what a turning point this game really was for Chelsea.
https://www.thetotallyfootballshow.com/feature/arsenal-v-chelsea-2004-falling-in-love-with-the-champions-league-in-another-shirt/
I am thanks,I’m actually kind of enjoying lockdown hahaYes. Hope you're the same?
Same.I am thanks,I’m actually kind of enjoying lockdown haha
Yeah I’ve been getting to watch the boys grow up, it’s been wonderful spending lots of time from them. I’m missing the footy too tbf, although I’ve been watching some classic stuff and have started a video cast on YouTube talking with people about memories of the PL era.Same.
Apart from missing football, I've enjoyed working from home and spending more quality time with family.
You found your baps then?
I'm the Special One, don't pretend you don't worship me!Who are you again?
Yes, Liam's brothers had them. One each.You found your baps then?
I am ok - out sight & out of mind is how I am living these days - looking forward to get some tight lines
Not out of my mind, RobbieI am ok - out sight & out of mind is how I am living these days - looking forward to get some tight lines