Forum over the years

Great to see you back bobby. 

I think my favourite time on the old forum was the week when Roman arrived, it was insane with all the rumours, no one really believed it would happen. Then when it did happen and the next set of insane rumours started showing up about who we were signing.

 
Great to see you back bobby. 

I think my favourite time on the old forum was the week when Roman arrived, it was insane with all the rumours, no one really believed it would happen. Then when it did happen and the next set of insane rumours started showing up about who we were signing.
Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.

 
Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.
There wasn't really rumours about roman but there were some about others buying us, Bernice eccleston had a group I think. If I remember rightly it was pretty much the day before he bought us when the rumours of a Russian billionaire came out of nowhere. The day he bought us I spent on the forum pretty much ha ha. 

 
My first memorable time on this forum was when Bridge scored against Arsenal, i was straight on here, it ignited the place, that was probably the one game that did more for this forum than any other, then when Roman came aboard it turbo boosted the forum even more. Since 2012 the biggest change has been the increasing overseas membership, bringing a more international demographic, which definitely has its up and downs.

 
Were there many rumours before? I was 13 at the time and just remembered seeing it briefly on the news before I went to school, always thought it was completely hush-hush until already done.
It was a big shock to see Bates go more than Roman come in, Bates had been here for a generation and more, it was a sad feeling really. But then the penny dropped with Roman and we all became very excited.

 
My first memorable time on this forum was when Bridge scored against Arsenal, i was straight on here, it ignited the place, that was probably the one game that did more for this forum than any other, then when Roman came aboard it turbo boosted the forum even more. Since 2012 the biggest change has been the increasing overseas membership, bringing a more international demographic, which definitely has its up and downs.
That was a seminal moment for me too in realizing we meant business and to think now that happened under Ranieri. ?

 
Same.

Apart from missing football, I've enjoyed working from home and spending more quality time with family.
Yeah I’ve been getting to watch the boys grow up, it’s been wonderful spending lots of time from them. I’m missing the footy too tbf, although I’ve been watching some classic stuff and have started a video cast on YouTube talking with people about memories of the PL era. 

 
Only just discovered this thread.... I certainly don’t post as much as I did. I must have been in here since the late 90’s only reason I really slowed down was giving up my beloved  season ticket to spend more time and the of course the cost of bringing up my family. I think it was priesty who first put together the forum, it was a little more offensive back then ! 

Still love the forum, some great characters over the years and I have met so many like minded people through this forum and a few stories from the pee ups of course ?

I agree with you Mod I think the first layout you posted was great. 

 
Well, now that everybody who is anybody is reminiscing, I might as well return.

You know it's time when you make a bacon bap and think This would make a nice post in Cooking with @Phillip, or seeing someone in the street with an American football shirt and think I wonder how @robdog is doing.

 
Well, now that everybody who is anybody is reminiscing, I might as well return.

You know it's time when you make a bacon bap and think This would make a nice post in Cooking with @Phillip, or seeing someone in the street with an American football shirt and think I wonder how @robdog is doing.
You found your baps then?

 
Well, now that everybody who is anybody is reminiscing, I might as well return.

You know it's time when you make a bacon bap and think This would make a nice post in Cooking with @Phillip, or seeing someone in the street with an American football shirt and think I wonder how @robdog is doing.
I am ok - out sight & out of mind is how I am living these days - looking forward to get some tight lines

 
Back
Top