Forum Update

Is there a way to hide avatars please? Don't like them at work :o Ty!

 
I dont really like this new layout. The old one was much better for me. Just my opinion.

 
What is the difference, its the same skin?

 
I have no idea Blize, never needed to hide them. Have a look in your settings to see if there is an option, I know phpBB has it, not too sure on IPB.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I could hide them before, but can't now, hmpph! Thanks though, I'll take a look.

Speaking of avatars though, Oblivion, who is in yours? :D

 
If anyone else is interested, a quick fix is to grab Stylish for Firefox and apply this:

.ipsUserPhoto { display: none !important; }

Will remove all avatars :D

 
Well done Blize.

Tapatalk update done, can anyone confirm its working?

 
Looking good guys - I especially like the various new options on the 'View New Content' page. It allows me to see threads which I might have missed otherwise in the case of a few-day absence.

I'm not sure what I think of highlighted text being red though... what message does that send? :)

 
It scared me when underotow (I think it was) pointed it out, not too sure about it. Remember we have red in our badge!

 
Major problems here, since the change, every time I click to change forum, I lose internet connection, finaly, after I've been disconcted about 3 or 4 times it shuts down the web page completley.

any suggestions/advice?

 
... that shouldn't happen!

Seriously can't think of a single reason why it'd do that? Have you tried a different web browser?

Also open the run prompt (Windows key + R) and then type: ipconfig /flushdns

All on one line. Might help, but probably wont.

 
Sounds a little more serious there midlandblue than a forum error, it sounds like you got a virus or something on your computer. Can you see if other sites are still okay? Can't see it being connected in any way to a forum update.

 
It's happening to me too. Everytime I try to open another thread I lose Internet Exporer connection. (but only for our website, not for other windows open at the same time0 But it reconnects as soon as I click it. I assume once all the teething troubles are sorted out, it will return to normal service.

It strated happening simultaneously with the forum update, so it would be a bit of a weird coincidence if it were totally unrelated.

 
It's happening to me too. Everytime I try to open another thread I lose Internet Exporer connection. (but only for our website, not for other windows open at the same time0 But it reconnects as soon as I click it. I assume once all the teething troubles are sorted out, it will return to normal service.

It strated happening simultaneously with the forum update, so it would be a bit of a weird coincidence if it were totally unrelated.
I can report the same experience. It seems to be fine now.

 
Can moi and midland switch theme at the bottom to IPB default skin and confirm the same happens please?

 
I chose the IP Board option because there wasn't one that said IPB default! I'll report progress in a wee minute

 
Yes, I can jump around with gay abandon! But I miss the gold! So let me know when it's safe to resume the 3.2

Thanks for all the work you're doing, Mod! x

 
Back
Top