Next generation consoles

I thought the same thing about sunset overdrive. It just looked lame.

 
IKve just seen an advert in the paper for Call of Duty, had to smile as it hit me that's what COD is! Booya!

 
Call of Duty and Assassins Creed are such sh*te. They just churn out the same crap every year and people lap it up.

 
Call of Duty and Assassins Creed are such sh*te. They just churn out the same crap every year and people lap it up.
Just 'cause it's not for you doesn't mean it's sh*te. I actually don't like games like Battlefield that other people rave about because I don't like big maps, I prefer run & gun games, but I wouldn't deem it sh*te.

 
Just 'cause it's not for you doesn't mean it's sh*te. I actually don't like games like Battlefield that other people rave about because I don't like big maps, I prefer run & gun games, but I wouldn't deem it sh*te.
Battlefield is sh*te as well.

Never played it, but sh*te.

 
Love this COD. Feels great to see it on a next-gen console as well -- very different

 
Last edited by a moderator:
sticker,375x360.png


 
I saw a trailer and thought, oooo now that looks a bit more like what a next gen game should be.

Theres been nothing yet that has wowed me into thinking, I NEED AN XBOX ONE NOW.

When the 360 came out with Gears of war thats what I was like.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I got Dead rising 3 yesterday. Should arrive by the weekend.

 
Theres been nothing yet that has wowed me into thinking, I NEED AN XBOX ONE NOW.
The thing is, I think you'll be waiting a very long time, if that's the case. A lot of people keep saying "I haven't seen any game that's made me think I need to buy x console now", but there have already been lots of very good/excellent games out.

What exactly are you waiting for, Gianfranco?

COD, Far Cry 4, GTA V (with new first person mode!) and AC are all out this month.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am even not too sure bud, I think I want to be blown away with the graphics and advancements to justify spending the cash!

The visual jump from the original xbox to the 360 was so huge. From what little I have seen from Xbox one the jump isnt just as big but the games look and feel smoother.

I know I will most likely end up buying one, I am just not in an awful rush.

If something comes out that is as influential as gears of war was to me I would be down and the shop like this

acb.jpg


 
Thing is it's not the same as the PS2 to PS3 or Xbox to 360.

The tech gap isn't nearly as big so to expect HUGE changes from the start like back then is fairly unrealistic.

You won't see any true next gen looking games for a good few months yet. They did say it would take about a year to get to grips with the potential so it's not as easy as it was to make games look so different as in last gen.

 
GOW was a world class game! I hope that something comes out that can match up to the game play.

 
Thing is it's not the same as the PS2 to PS3 or Xbox to 360.

The tech gap isn't nearly as big so to expect HUGE changes from the start like back then is fairly unrealistic.

You won't see any true next gen looking games for a good few months yet. They did say it would take about a year to get to grips with the potential so it's not as easy as it was to make games look so different as in last gen.
They've had plenty of time to think about it :D

I know the games and graphics will get better. The difference in graphics between the first 360 games to the ones at the end, where the console was struggling to cope was very noticeable.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
They've had plenty of time to think about it :D

I know the games and graphics will get better. The difference in graphics between the first 360 games to the ones at the end, where the console was struggling to cope was very noticeable.
Yeah.

I think it said it all when they said the lifecycle of these next gen machines will be significantly less then the PS3 and 360.

The difference in GTA that I saw last night on next gen was pretty impressive. Now you have a first person view point and the level of detail is simply stunning. If you played on last gen you will no what I mean.

 
Unless that actually put some effort into the online game then it still wont be worth buying.

 
Back
Top