Next generation consoles

Unless that actually put some effort into the online game then it still wont be worth buying.
Well to me it will be as looking at videos it looks a different game with the first person view and adds another element to it. The guy from IGN who play tested it said beforehand he was not going to bother but the expeierence felt totally different with this new feature and has now changed hiS view.

Also with added DLC for main story with new missions, new vehicled and weapons plus added online content with heists now rumored to be very close it's a no brainer for me.

Can't wait to play this!

 
Changing from 3rd to 1st person really isnt a good enough change to make me buy it again. It actually seems lazy from the makers to me.

 
Hardly Lazy lol.

Have you watched the videos and stuff or just saying this because it's the same game?

They have included an incredible amount of detail with every car having it's own dash board, steering wheel and LED radio ect.

In the 1st person mode you now see things like blood gushing from your hands and arms plus weapons now have been customised to look even better. More cars, more pedestrians and a far more immerse world to be playing in.

I’m not sure how much you know about game development but considering this has only been worked on for a year then it’s pretty damn impressive what they have done considering everything. It’s far FAR more impressive than the Last Of Us that came over to next gen in terms of changes and content.

Not sure Rockstar can be labelled ‘Lazy’ over this lol…that’s mental

 
Hardly Lazy lol.

Have you watched the videos and stuff or just saying this because it's the same game?

They have included an incredible amount of detail with every car having it's own dash board, steering wheel and LED radio ect.

In the 1st person mode you now see things like blood gushing from your hands and arms plus weapons now have been customised to look even better. More cars, more pedestrians and a far more immerse world to be playing in.

I’m not sure how much you know about game development but considering this has only been worked on for a year then it’s pretty damn impressive what they have done considering everything. It’s far FAR more impressive than the Last Of Us that came over to next gen in terms of changes and content.

Not sure Rockstar can be labelled ‘Lazy’ over this lol…that’s mental
Indeed. My friend works at Rockstar and he said he has been working all hours for the best part of the year on this.

For me, the first person mode is enough for me to get it again, I was going to anyway but this is extra incentive. Graphics are gorgeous and since GTA V was one of the last games to come out on last gen consoles, I feel like I didn't give it a proper go, since I bought a PS4 only a month later.

 
Rockstar are good at making things look pretty but to me game play is more important.

Imo they probably sat down and said how can we make more money? One genius said "I know lets release the same game on the next gens!"

Person 2 says "noooo we cant do that, no one is stupid enough to buy the same game."

Person 1 says "hmmmm you are right..... I know! Lets make it 1st person!"

Then everyone says "you are a genius! The idiots will lap that up and we will make millions more on the same game that they have all already completed for the 360 or ps3."

 
Indeed. My friend works at Rockstar and he said he has been working all hours for the best part of the year on this.

For me, the first person mode is enough for me to get it again, I was going to anyway but this is extra incentive. Graphics are gorgeous and since GTA V was one of the last games to come out on last gen consoles, I feel like I didn't give it a proper go, since I bought a PS4 only a month later.
Exactly mate.

People who have no clue about gaming and how you actually go about making one don’t realise how much effort has clearly gone into making it a first person shooter/driving game. It’s not a case of just adding a new view and that’s it…they have to completely re do it all.

It’s really impressive the detail that has gone into this version, no frame rate issues whatsoever like last gen and the world looks much more ‘alive’ now…did you see the rain effect btw? INCREDIBLE…especially driving at night with the rain crashing against the windows making it hard to drive ect.

The guy from IGN said this felt like a completely new experience playing missions in this mode and now he was looking forward to going through it again because of this. Added to all the other stuff they have and are including this will be one of the better games on next gen and Rockstar have done a pretty amazing job of this.

I wish they would be ‘lazy’ more often lol!

 
But you will be playing the same game. You know that right? It will be the same story and the same missions. The view has changed and im sure it will look very pretty. BUT GTA V's game play was pretty poor in the first place and instead of really working on that they have worked on making it look more pretty.

If that is what you are into then thats up to you but if I am spending 40 quid on a game then I want the game to be actually good and not just look pretty.

 
Last gen it was good, now it’s even better…did you actually watch or read what they have done because you keep saying they haven’t changed anything but quite clearly they have and they say as much….

Gun play has improved with the FPS view so will be more like COD in that aspect rather than the 3rd person kind of gun play, again to say they haven’t worked on the gameplay aspect given that is pretty silly.

I 100% realise I’m buying a game I have completed but considering I spent very little time doing side missions ect while GTA Online I hardly touched then yes it’s worth the £40 because as people who have actually spent time with this version of the game have said it’s a completely different experience….

We already know DLC for main story mode is coming out with other future features in the making, plus all the changes to the Online mode.

No one is forcing you to get it but to say it’s lazy and nothing has changed is just lies unless you are making a point of refusing to read or actually watch the new game in action.

 
wow you have got pretty upset over an opinion I have. Relax dude!

 
No one is getting upset lol

I'm just pointing out what the game actually has, if you have not read or watched anything then to say theres nothing different is pretty silly.

You have to remember some of us actually have been following it and will pull others up if they are making stuff up like in the above instance.

 
Last edited:
I got Far Cry 3 for christmas about 2 years ago. It's still in the plastic wrapping, never opened it.

 
That first person GTA looks so so good. I can see myself having a ton of head-on crashes into lorries while riding a motorbike though, judging from that video.

It's weird, I never got into the missions of GTA on my 360. I've done a few but I just spent ages on free-play. I probably should get back into it and follow the storyline a bit more as I'm sure I'll find a lot more stuff to do.

Getting a prostitute or visiting a strip club should be interesting in first person.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only just playing the game on PS3 now...had it for ages, but I am just god awful at all shooting games, so I struggle to motivate myself to do it, even though I want the story. But I'm into it now, and having fun (even if I'm still terrible)...but I intend to finally get a PS4 near christmas time (hopefully there'll be some deals), and wanted to make the most of PS3 time (having not played in months and months). Sort of the same with Uncharted games...they're amazing, I just suck at them.

Gotta be honest...I wish it was first-person. Much prefer the look in the video above. That said, when I get a PS4, I won't be getting GTA5, there's just no point, considering I'm only playing it through now, and given my ineptitude at most of the game mechanics (flying, shooting etc), I doubt I could enjoy online that much.

 
If you have a current xbox membership for the xbox 360 does that carry over to the xbone?

 
Yeah it does. If any Xbox owner wants to try sunset overdrive then we can do that game share thing, I think. Though I'm not sure how it works.

 
Is this first person Doom-esque mode in addition to how it was on the PS3?

 
Is this first person Doom-esque mode in addition to how it was on the PS3?
You have a choice of camera view you want.

You can even customise it so that only driving is in first person while free roam is 3rd or vice versa.

It's actually shaping up to be a cracking release on next gen.

 
Back
Top