No Cavani, No Lewandowski, then which striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zlatan. he'll come if we will offer him enough money and i belive hes one of the best strikers if not the best

 
This team would play the best possession football in England, and one of the best in Europe. But we don't have a manager to play this kind of football. Oh well, one can always dream.
Yeah, its too bad he only knows how to play dour, defensive anti-football right? Not like the catalan giants, Visca Barca, etc etc. 

 
The players we have at the minute are actually suited to a false 9 formation, I certainly wouldnt be against it.

 
I still think that Burak Yilmaz would be a good shout for a striker, he played really well in the champions league

 
mario gomez probably represents the best value for money. if the reports about him being available for 20m are true.

 
mario gomez probably represents the best value for money. if the reports about him being available for 20m are true.
Haven't heard anything about a move for him in a month or so, if Bayern can't pick up Lewy this window then I'd think there is a good chance he'll stay at least for another year.

I'd say Ibra then Gomez would be my 1st/2nd preferences if Cavani/Lewy are out of the question.

 
I still think that Burak Yilmaz would be a good shout for a striker, he played really well in the champions league
I agree, I think he could be a very good buy depending on the price, but I think he could cost quite a bit. Also, he doesn't quite fit with our transfer model of late of buying young hungry players. I'm still wondering if schurle could end up playing as a striker at times.
 
This may be an unpopular view but I don't think we need another striker. Not unless we let one go too, 4231 or 433 doesn't really matter we'll play with one centre forward so three players competing for the position is enough. Let's face it, Torres is going nowhere there's no team that will pay 20m+ for him and match the wages he's already on. We signed Ba only in January and while it's not unimaginable that we sell him I think it's unlikely and José will give him a chance. That is because I strongly believe he will love what Lukaku has to offer and will make him his first choice. Yes, he will probably need a season or two really dominate but let's not forget that even Drogba was frustrating initially and he got to the top because José sticked by him. Also going by the interviews since José's appointment it would seem that the club wants to build on what we already have and improve the young guys with great potential we brought in the past years. This would mean that we're reluctant to fork out 40-50+ millions of transfer fees and gigantic wages for new players. If José (or the board :) wanted Cavani that much you can bet Roman would have matched the buyout clause and got done with it. He's not the guy to start to haggling to reduce the price from €63m by a few millions. Of course getting a top class striker relatively cheap would still be great (that is what I believe we tried with Cavani) and we could alter the plans afterwards, it's just very unlikely.

 
Not that unpopular view. What does fail in our trio is that Torres is the main man and he wants to be the main man. We know what numbers he come up with being just that. Not impressive to say the least. If we could offload Torres and get someone like Chicarito or Dzeko in return that would at least give more chances to Lukaku. Torres' name alone and his salary gives him games. We do have JM who isn't playing anyone he doesn't line but that could easily create bad blood between him and Roman.

 
I'm not seeing any confirmation anywhere that Cavani has joined PSG, where are you getting this from?

 
Not that unpopular view. What does fail in our trio is that Torres is the main man and he wants to be the main man. We know what numbers he come up with being just that. Not impressive to say the least. If we could offload Torres and get someone like Chicarito or Dzeko in return that would at least give more chances to Lukaku. Torres' name alone and his salary gives him games. We do have JM who isn't playing anyone he doesn't line but that could easily create bad blood between him and Roman.
Torres won't be in the lead, my point is exactly that José will make Lukaku his main man. I accept this sounds foolish if you don't happen to rate Lukaku as highly as José and I do ;)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top