Frank Lampard

boulderbollocks

Jose wants new Lamps deal

By Alex Livie - Created on 25 Feb 2007

WIN VIP CHELSEA TICKETS

Vote to make your Chelsea hero PFA player of the month and win VIP trip to Stamford Bridge!

Related links

Team Pages:

Chelsea

Player Pages:

Frank Lampard

Jose Mourinho has urged the Chelsea paymasters to ensure Frank Lampard is handed a new deal at Stamford Bridge.

The Portuguese's own future is in the spotlight once again, as a report on Sunday claims Blues owner Roman Abramovich refused to confirm to fans that Mourinho would be in charge of team affairs next term, but he has chosen to focus on his team.

Lampard will look to prove his quality in Sunday's Carling Cup final against Arsenal and Mourinho feels the England midfielder is imperative to Chelsea's future and should be handed a new deal.

"I keep saying the same thing, Lampard is unique," Mourinho told the News of the World. "He's good defensively, good in attack, scores a lot of goals and works unbelievably hard.

"His contract is something he has to sort out with the club, not me. I'm not involved in negotiations.

"A contract is between him, his agent and the board. The one thing I will say is he is crucial.

"Chelsea should fight with everything they have to keep such an important player."

And speaking as someone who cringed when we bought the fat boy I have to agree with Jose.

Archived