Pl = Petroleum League

heckel
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Let's hope that this marks the end of our bad run in the press. I hail this new development because it hopefully signals the end of all the hatred and bile that has been directed at our club over the last five years. I'm really pleased for City - hopefully their fortunes will rise and the scene in Manchester will become as competitive as the one in Milan.

What does it mean for Chelsea?

I hope it means that alll our investment in infrastructure over the last few years begins to bear fruit and we can retire from this awful world of hyper-inflated transfer fees and rediscover our identity - hopefully cultivate talent through our academy and start smartening up our investment in players. I'm really pleased that during this era it has been Frank Lampard and John Terry who have carried the torch for us. If City buy up the world's second tier talent for triple the rrp as we have done over the last five years, it will be those players that take them to heights. We have the satisfaction of knowing that it was our boys, pre-Roman, who really did the work and will end their careers as true Chelsea legends (a fate Drogba could never share).

Edited by heckel