Rio Bravo?

sweet waffle

Chanced upon this on the Guardian website. (Guardian - Said and Done)

CHASE ME

Man of the week: Rio - says Fifa should hit nations hard if their fans use Nazi chants. 'Croatia were fined a few thousand quid. What good is that? It's not going to stop people shouting racist or homophobic abuse.' Other Rio anti-prejudice news: Oct 2006 - apologises after calling DJ Chris Moyles a 'faggot' live on air for asking if he likes 'geezers'. 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry - I'm not homophobic.' Also that week: The Sun - Man United 'dressing room pranksters' loving news that Scissor Sisters frontman Jake Shears rates Wayne Rooney: 'Ringleader Rio Ferdinand was dishing out the most stick: players chipped in with limp-wristed hand gestures and camp accents. A source said, "Rio and the boys were cracking up... they were all shouting 'chase me, chase me'."

NOTORIOUS

Previous most consistent Rio campaign message: April 2007, fronting anti-gang violence crusade: 'I want kids to see it's not just drug dealers who drive decent cars - kids need to know that trying to be a gangster isn't cool.' Also that week: Rio lists his favourite music on his official Myspace site. Best rapper: Biggie Smalls (aka Notorious B.I.G., ex-dealer, shot dead in gangland drive-by in 1997, tracks include 'Niggas Bleed', 'Somebody's gotta die', '10 Crack Commandments' and 'F*** you tonight'.) A government source said: 'Kids have no male role model. Rio's just the man.'