This game has really solidified my belief that key decisions are being awarded to nudge Liverpool towards a title win this season or to nudge Chelsea away from the title. Looking at some of the events that have unfolded in the last couple of months, it would seem to support it.
I mean, where on earth did this sudden surge from Liverpool come from? Coincidence that they started getting a tonne of pens going their way? As I have said before, it is abnormal and I have never seen anything like it before, for a team to suddenly come out of nowhere during the closing stages the way they have.
Then when you look at the Villa game. Another important match for us, being given a referee who is proven to be anti Chelsea and unable to withstand home fan pressure at an away match. We all know how that unfolded.
Then to be handed a ref who was pulled from a match because of affiliation with Liverpool at a pivotal match which could decide ours and Liverpools title bid, then to be victim to another slew of bad decisions, not only from the ref but the linesmen too?
This goes high up within the FA in my opinion. One ref can have a poor match, that can happen. But a whole team of linesmen too? Makes you wonder what instructions they were given prior to the match. I find it very hard to swallow the fact that an entire team of officials can have an off day on the same match twice during important fixtures.
I do have some other thoughts but I'll keep those to myself but the bottom line is, we have been screwed heavily this season.
I'm not saying our team has played great during those games either. I knew we were in for a dreaw at best when i saw Schwarzer and Ramires on the team sheet. Schwarzer couldn't stop a beach ball from going into a five a side goal. But never for a second should we have lost today.
I just hope we do the business in the Champions League, because I don't think the FA are going to allow us to win the league this term. A sad fact, but true and I stand by this.