Bad Karma

alan'82
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Sorry for posting this drivel,but i have a collection of old chelsea mugs,(no,not Robert Fleck),and a bit like him they are all broken and stuck togther with glue.

The thing is, even though some of these mugs are over thirty years old,i can't throw them out,as if to do so would bring down some type of old egyption curse,like

what happend to those guys in the 1930's.

What i would like to know is, am i the only one who feels this way,should i go and see a doctor?,does anyone else not throw out broken chelsea stuff? and who the f**k,

keeps breaking my Chelsea mugs?.

P.s. I'm a dab hand with superglue though.

I don't think I ever throw or have thrown any Chels stuff out. Pennants, programmes, scarves, hats, pretty much anything I've kept. I think some things have gone missing over the years, but I still have copies of Bridge News and The Chelsea Independent fanzine dating back to the late 80s knocking about somewhere. Oh and I still have a mug without a handle at the back of the cupboard. Throw it all out? No chance.

If you do seek help and it's successful, send them my way please.

I was having a clear out the other day and one of the things I thought could go were my CFC scarves - I have about 30 of them. After so much thought, consideration, discussion (yes, I discussed this important subject with my family) and deliberating... I worked out I could let go of 7. At a push. Not the 20 or so I thought I could... They've all got memories or are for specific occasions such as cup finals, championships etc... So I can't sell those ones, ever! Don't get me started on programs either - don't care if we won, drew or lost - if I went, I've kept them all. No idea why, don't plan to read them again, they just sit in a drawer staying all flat and neat.

My old CFC shirts, going back to 1996, are all up in the loft (minus the current year's and the centenary one) in an air tight bag... just laying there. Of course my children will be CFC fans, but why am I saving them?? Like you, I just can't seem to let go of any CFC stuff.

Also - the monthly CFC mags going back to 2004 are all stacked up in my wardrobe - get them as part of my membership. Read them from cover to cover and then store them away safely. For god knows what.

I still have the full members cup final on video , it was shown on ITV highlights that night , i still watch it , very funny watching the old tv adds during the break too, also have a letter i got back from Chelsea after i wrote to them in 1974 looking for players autographs .