The Competitive Attitude

BrewCrew

I said this in the the match thread but I thought it was worth saying again. I really think a big part of the teams recent turnaround is due to the edge that some of our players have. Luiz has come in and has played with a swagger and attitude that has rubbed off to the rest. I noticed the same thing with Ramires. In his first game ever for Chelsea he was jawing back and forth with opposing players, even shoving one. Both him and Luiz came in here and decided that they weren't going to get pushed around or take any crap from opposing players. I love that about them. Maybe it is because they are young, maybe because they are Brazilian? I don't know, but I love that they don't back down. I have to think that playing with this kind of edge and swagger can impose fear into other players, something we were lacking weeks ago.

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it - look at Robinho...!

I think their age and their "freshness" if you will are the main factors. That said I thought Drogba looked like a man possessed when he came on. In that second half we wanted it more, simple. Yuri should be first name on the team sheet so Malouda's is the first sitting on the bench with no mistakes. Anelka blows hot and cold (mainly hot, but he did nothing tonight), Torres looked good again- but with Malouda, Anelka nor Lampard giving him anything, he has no chance of scoring.

Luiz, Ramires, Torres and Yuri not only had the energy, the willingness, the commitment and the skill, but they boosted others around them.

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it - look at Robinho...!

I think their age and their "freshness" if you will are the main factors. That said I thought Drogba looked like a man possessed when he came on. In that second half we wanted it more, simple. Yuri should be first name on the team sheet so Malouda's is the first sitting on the bench with no mistakes. Anelka blows hot and cold (mainly hot, but he did nothing tonight), Torres looked good again- but with Malouda, Anelka nor Lampard giving him anything, he has no chance of scoring.

Luiz, Ramires, Torres and Yuri not only had the energy, the willingness, the commitment and the skill, but they boosted others around them.

Malouda and Anelka, yes, but I thought Lamps was exceptional today.

You're exactly right about the last line though - the future of Chelsea right there!

Side note: is there any chance of one of your amazing picture threads from amazing wins, Gem? :P

I actually think that a boost in new players was a sign that Roman was still interested in the club and erased any fears that the team may have had about their future. New lifeblood into the team has certainly seemed to reinvigorate them