West Ham United

Myles_91
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I hate West Ham probably as much as Spurs and Liverpool and was all for them going down, but West Ham is an away trip I always relish as it was my first away game as a Chelsea fan.

Now I know we hate West Ham, Arsenal and Spurs etc and as much as the thought of them going down would excite me sometimes it just isn't the same when you can't play them and put one over their fans. I couldn't imagine not going to Upton Park, WHL and Emirates every season.

I know we have QPR, but it isn't the same. We may be their cup final, but they are just any other game to us. I would happily see Liverpool plummet down the divisions as they aren't a rival as such and my hatred for them is probably more deep rooted.

Where do you stand when it comes to rival London clubs? Would you rather see them in the top flight and competing with us at the highest level possible? Or as low down in the leagues etc as possible?

Not just because I have a bet on them to come up, but I wouldn't actually mind the Pikey's coming up. Hate their manager almost as much as I hate their fans and I don't take as much joy in kicking teams when they're down as I do when they are flying high. Upton Park is always a good day out as well.

Totally understand what you're saying and I'd never want them to win a game but it will be a shame not to play them every season, although I hate the fact that they always get right up for games against us and we don't.

Totally understand what you're saying and I'd never want them to win a game but it will be a shame not to play them every season, although I hate the fact that they always get right up for games against us and we don't.

I agree, pre-Roman this was always THE game in the late 90s/early 00s. We were always guaranteed to beat Spurs and guaranteed not to beat Arsenal so those games never had the sort of spice that West Ham did, especially with ex-players from each side and what not.

I hope West Ham can become a force in the PL to get that rivalry back. It was disappointing that when they came to SB they outsang us throughout and seemed well up for it, whereas our fans seem to only get up for the big 4+ Spurs.

I have more than a passing interest in the hammers because of where I live & close family who support them.

However if it were not for those reasons, they would be no big deal compared to say Arsenal, who for me are our biggest London rivals historically & for the foreseeable future.

Spurs are & always will be a bunch of toss pots so there's no change there then.

Still kinda think 'big Sam' and WHU are like a square peg in a round hole but if it doesn't work out, think of all the p*ss takes we could dish out to the happy hammer fans!,(my brother included).